anne t

Keep it clean

Due to my corrado being in much better condition than my last car,going to have to upgrade my cleaning products

What do you guys on here use.Your recomendations are welcome hope this is the right section for this question

Thanks in advance Anne:cool:

I've recently started using auto glym super resin polish and have heard good things about their high definition wax. So I've ordered some of the wax too. There will probably be better products around but I'm happy with the super resin and it's a hell if a difference compared to the average polish I used before.

Halfords have a buy one get one free deal at the moment.

Or pop across to http://www.detailingworld.com if you want to get very serious about cleaning.

Don't use sponges to was your car! Use microfiber mits :)

Lambswool ;)

just back from halfords "LOL" thats whats got me thinking i use a few megular products quite happy with them ,its the polish and wax thats a difficult choice

And use 2 buckets - rinse off the sponge or the mitt in bucket number 2 which avoids grit accumulating in bucket no: 1. Good quality drying towel is worth while too.

My favourite product has to be Mer Bumper Gel - looks like runny green snot but works wonders on exterior hard plastics - roof trims, door handles, grill etc and the best bit is that you can do the whole car in less than 5 minutes - Halfords sell it. One bottle will last you a lifetime!

Auto glym high definition wax is exellent, not cheap but it goes on n on ,it comes with two applicaters [little round pads].Use micro fibre to polish off. maguires detail spray is a must .As above never use a sponge always a mit ,sponges make swirls in the paintwork . I always use a micro fibre towel to dry after a wash as well .

for the black exterior plastic i,ve usedf cooking oil before to good or boot polish

What does the detail spray do and do you apply it after the wax?

If the Quick Detailer is meant, it simply allows you to clean the car after a run from home to a show, to remove any dirt picked up on route. Effectively a solution to clean minor dirt, short of a full car wash.

Trying Autoglym´s equivalent at the moment.

Tempest

If the Quick Detailer is meant, it simply allows you to clean the car after a run from home to a show, to remove any dirt picked up on route. Effectively a solution to clean minor dirt, short of a full car wash.

Trying Autoglym´s equivalent at the moment.

Tempest

I thought a quick detailer was used after a wash when you dont have time for a full on polish / wax job. The detailer gives the car a nice wet look shine. personally, after having my car on the road i wouldnt touch it with anything unless it was washed first.

Been using poorboys wax on the wheels and a separate blue wax for the body work which smells of strawberries both work really well

give the autoglym HD wax a go,it,s had a coat of super resin polish .So as per usual up here its raining,hopefully goes of maybe post results later

thanks for advice

for the black exterior plastic i,ve usedf cooking oil before to good or boot polish

try some peanut butter, its better than some £20 bottles of plastic cleaners

---------- Post added at 8:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:42 AM ----------

give the autoglym HD wax a go,it,s had a coat of super resin polish .So as per usual up here its raining,hopefully goes of maybe post results later

thanks for advice

before the hd wax use some poorboys black hole as it really does make the paint look amazing, if not the hd wax is still a very very good wax, and miles better than the dildo wax some people go mad about.

I've used turtle products for years, then I switched to another canubawax, and now I am using Mcguiars gold wax for paint, quickwax for wheels, and various cleaning and interrior versions for inside (also Mcguiars).

On the leather I only use Furniture Clinic leather cleaner and their leather cream. I have a turtle black bumper colouring liquid as well, but don't really use it any more. I only use microfiber cloths now. I just go and buy lot's of them at the local supermarket, where I have found a certain quality, that is miles better than the cheapest ones, and I have 30-40 pieces, and when they are used up (dirty), I just wash them at 60 degrees cel, and they are like new again. Works well.

My motorcycle are cleaned religiously every week and after every drive, to the smallest detail. I unwax it every week, and apply new wax. First I use as little water on it as possible, unless it's very dirty. I use window cleaner and then wax it. Takes very little time actually.

On the Corrado I usually also sticks a hand around edges and places where dirt accumulates, like for instance behind the fuel filler flap. Wheels off a least once a month to clean them up all over. Tiregel on the tires. Wheelwax on them all over as described.The I at the same time take a look at brakehoses and pads and discs plus drive axle rubbers. For the car I use one bucket of soap water, and one clean one to wash off. Then One bucket for each wheel after using Mucoff - a very good and friendly product, if they are being washed, else just microfibercloths and spray. I only use natural hair washing brushes with soft rubberhandle for the wheels.

For polishing the paint I only use Festool grade 8000 and 11000. Very good indeed.

Inside I very sparingly use cleaners on the steeringwheelas it becomes slippery - dangerous.

I've tried a lot of different glass cleaners, but now I use Mcguiars NXT Glass cleaner, as it seems to make them a lot more clear, and lasts a lot longer. So saves me work.

At the same time I look at the engineoil, cooling water and brakefluid, exhaust rubbers, stones in the tires etc. I very rarely use water in the engine compartment, but just clean it a bit every now and then. I end with a walk around and look at all lights if they are intact. Inside I vacuum it before anything else, also the airchannels, where I close all but one at a time to suck/blow out any dust.

Drainingsystems are religiously cleaned at every wash and cleaning.

Then I give the fasteners at the G-lader tubes a drop of oilspray to keep them nice and tight and fully secure. every couple of mothss I take out the airfilter and spark plugs and inspect.

That is bacically it.

I'd say that Mchuiars are very expensive but surely good.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

If the cars never had it done, may I suggest having the car machine polished first. The difference this can make is alarming.

Then keep on top of it with a good car shampoo (turtlewax is good), using the two bucket method and a lambswool mitt.

Dry off with a microfibre.

If the car needs it, I'll run over it with some Harley wax. Even on the wheels.

If not, then I use Auto glym quick detail spray.

It may be worth getting a clay bar for when it gets warmer and tar is getting splatted on the lower half of the car. AG quick detail can be used with a clay bar as lube.

What I've found using the above, is that dirt/water doesn't stick to the car as easily. And the next time I wash it, a quick blast with the hose pipe brings most of the filth off.

Make sure you post up some before and after shots with whatever you decide.

All the best, James.

I use Chemical guys glossworxz for shampoo. It's PH neutral so doesn't strip wax off. I've used dodo juice born to be mild and supernatural, chemical guys maxi suds, megs gold, auto glym shampoo, turtle wax etc. And the glossworxz is the best all rounder. I use a lambs wool wash mitt and finish off with a huge fluffy microfiber drying towl.

Polish wise I use farecla G3 or a combination of menzerma grades. Auto glym SRP is a filler polish which means it fills scratches rather than removing them, eventually the scratches will reappear using that.

Wax I use Collinite 467s because for the price and durability it's unrivalled.

Interior and exterior trim and tyres I use chemical guys VRP dressall.

Wheel cleaner i use either autoglym customer wheelckeaner or dodo juice supernatural. Wheel wax I use Poorboys wheel sealant.

the car has been machined polished prior to purchase, unfortunately halfords didn,t have HD wax "what a surprise"

so i opted for G3 supergloss paste wax,been washed with Meguiars wash,n,wax autoglym resin polish but it,s still raining

ps after cleaning alloys a wee coat of devilshine does the trick[ATTACH=CONFIG]58353[/ATTACH

will post pics later after cleaning when it stops raining fingers crossed:rolleyes:

I thought a quick detailer was used after a wash when you dont have time for a full on polish / wax job. The detailer gives the car a nice wet look shine. personally, after having my car on the road i wouldnt touch it with anything unless it was washed first.

Assuming that it hasn´t been raining during a journey from home (where I keep my cars in dry garages, covered up with cloth sheets to keep dust off), and hence the car hasn´t really become dirty, then the Quick Detailer is just that, a quick way of cleaning / detailing the car once at a show. Even says so on the bottle IIRC.

Otherwise, yes, a full wash at the show ground is in order, and the Quick Detailer doesn´t get used.

Tempest

I wash it with AG shampoo conditioner (smells awsome!) using 2 bucket method with microfibre wash mitt, and dry with microfibre towels. Then use AG SRP to polish, and use Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 - Its absolutely immense imo!

Wheels can also be sealed with the Jetseal, and I dress the tyres with Turtle wax Wet n Black. Exterior plastics with AG bumper care, and interior with Poorboys Natural look dressing. Most of this stuff is available from Halfrauds so its easily available, the rest I get online. I will be trying out CG petes 53 paste wax soon, although not strictly needed I suppose with a sealant already being used. :cool:

new product tried today PIAA glass cleaner,then a silicone coating then new wipers all PIAA make

Along the same line as rain x but imo much better:smug:

---------- Post added at 8:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:08 PM ----------

new product tried today PIAA glass cleaner,then a silicone coating then new wipers all PIAA make

Along the same line as rain x but imo much better:smug:

My two for one HD wax arrived today and I grabbed some microfibre cloths while there. Won't get time to wash the car for a week or two but tried it on a small area and the reflections did seem deeper and more defined. Can't wait to try it properly.