coolrado

gutted, maybe another corrado going to the big scrapyard in the sky ;'-(

I am absolutely gutted, driving home down a back lane that i know to be muddy and tight so i was going really slowly, I came up to a blind bend to be faced with a landrover discovery going way too fast, i managed to get mostly up on to the grass verge to the point i grounded out and she just carried on coming down the middle of the road and basically crashed into me while i was stationary, after getting out and checking the damage, the massively fat slob of a woman waddled out of her car and instantly started saying ooohhhh my back and neck, and saying about how all of her kids in the car had whiplash.

I called the police and ambulance as she said her kids where injured and she was starting to get really mouthy, the ambulace turned up and checked them all out and basically said they where just shaken up, i have absolutely no injuries so i doubt her or her kids have any but you can guarantee she will be claiming for everything she can get.

The copper said it will just be a knock for knock as it is a single width muddy lane on a blind bend, i'm just not really sure what to do now.

i know my insurance will write it off as an uneconomical repair and my excess is about £350

its going to need, bonnet, wing, bumper, left hand indicator and slam panel, the chassis and inner wing are fine and it still drives fine, i just need to find the parts.

her indicator also flew off and smashed my windscreen, so i need to get that replaced too.

i would rather just pay for it to be repaired myself as its going to be a pain in the arse and cost me a fortune if i go through the insurance.

really dont want to scrap it but i might have no choice.

coolrado, oh dear, that's real bad luck.

Ref the insurance, you won't have any choice but to go through your insurance as if the "lady" informs her insurance then they will get in touch with yours. Or am I missing something?

Man thats a huge bummer, surely you can come to an arrangement with the insurance company ?

Most definitely fixable, chin up chap may not be as bad as you think...........

Dont start me on women drivers in big 4x4 thinking they own the road........ :agrue:

bad news chief really soory bout that hope you manage to sort it in your favour best of uck my friend

coolrado, oh dear, that's real bad luck.

Ref the insurance, you won't have any choice but to go through your insurance as if the "lady" informs her insurance then they will get in touch with yours. Or am I missing something?

yeah i know i will have no choice as far as informing the insurance goes, i phoned them as soon as i got home, i'm just hoping i can either get the money from it being written off and buy it back, or ask them if i can just get it repaired myself and not make a claim.

and beleive me she was no "lady"

heres the damage to hers, after the copper found her indicator in the hedge and plugged it back in.

Had just been saying to a friend the other day that we'd not seen you on the forums much in a while and then you see something like this! Horrendous news :(

Yet another f@ckwit on our roads, showing absolutely no due care and attention and ready to milk the system for everything it's worth.. deprives an enthusiast of their pride and joy. How many times do we have to see it? :(

As you say, it sounds like a write off is inevitable.. good luck with whatever the outcome and keep us posted.

Yeah I can believe that she was no "lady" hence why I put it in inverted commas.

Good luck with it, hope the insurance company cooperates and you can get a good result from a bad situation.

Gutting :( There seems to be more and more people who drive like this nowadays- everyday I have to slow to a stop or swerve into a hedge because the oncoming car hasn't slowed at all on a single lane road.

Hope you get it all sorted mate- also hope she gets a big fat NOTHING from the insurers.

Had just been saying to a friend the other day that we'd not seen you on the forums much in a while and then you see something like this! Horrendous news :(

Yet another f@ckwit on our roads, showing absolutely no due care and attention and ready to milk the system for everything it's worth.. deprives an enthusiast of their pride and joy. How many times do we have to see it? :(

As you say, it sounds like a write off is inevitable.. good luck with whatever the outcome and keep us posted.

nice to know i've been missed lol

yeah i havent been on here much at all recently, too busy with work and other stuff.

its a real kick in the balls as i had just got a decent tax rebate and was going to be spending it on getting the paint on the roof sorted and the windscreen replaced, (still having problems with rust and water leaks after RAC winscreens bodged it)

i was booked in to go and see the bodywork guy tomorrow afternoon, and had just ordered all the bits to give it a full service, engine mounts and some other bits.

and i would have been updating my gallery with the progress.

not going to let it get me down, as much as i love my car there are more important things in life (although not many)

Edited by coolrado

I think a lot of it has to do with the absolutely massive cars everyone drives now. There is simply no room for them, particularly if the driver is used to cars that cosset them. They can't judge space anymore and drive right over in the other lane. I hate 4x4s. Good luck getting it sorted.

Hey mate ,sorry to hear your news, i know of a scrap yard near me with a pretty much stripped g60 in it . I'm sure theres a slam panel there i'll go down tomorrow have a look for you if you want. In fact i'll go anyway look for a passat with a sunroof...

yeah i would appreciate that, although i dont really want to start getting all of the bits i need yet, just in case i cant repair it for some reason, i just dont trust insurance companies.

i already have a bumper, and bumper brace, although its alpine white, and a pair of headlights, will just have to wait and see what i can sort out with the insurance.

Sorry to hear of your accident, I had a similar incident last year where an old boy moved lanes into me as I was pulling out of a junction,he took my whole front bumper off ,dented mydrivers side wing and smashed all the fogs and indicators. Anyway, I also had to tell my insurance because blame came down to me as I was the one pulling onto the main road, I told them what damage there was to my car and that I would not be asking them to fix or pay for it to be repaired as I did not want them to put a catorgary D on it and write it off,and I would fix it myself. There was no way I was going to lose my car,just for a bumper and some lights due to someone else's fault, I've had her for nearly thirteen years and is as much me as anything I own! Amazingly, they said this was ok and was my perogative not to claim against my own damage. I don't know if I was very lucky? I am insured with Adrian Flux with an agreed value policy. Might be worth trying the same thing? if your prepared to sort it anyway? Unfortunately it prompted me to do a full front end rebuild, Which is almost finished! ;) Good luck. All the best . Vince.

I think a lot of it has to do with the absolutely massive cars everyone drives now. There is simply no room for them, particularly if the driver is used to cars that cosset them. They can't judge space anymore and drive right over in the other lane. I hate 4x4s. Good luck getting it sorted.

Much as I sympathise with Coolrado, this is a little reactionary don't you think? Some people need 4x4s if they live in the country using muddy lanes as seen in the photos. I think Coolrado has more issue with the other driver's speed and post-incident behaviour rather than her vehicle per se.

I hope you get everything sorted, Coolrado - you have my best wishes.

I dont really have anything against people who drive big 4x4's as long as they take into acoount something that big and heavy is going to take longer to stop and is actually capable of getting up on to a grass verge to avoid a crash, i live at the top of a really steep long hill and can fully understand why some people need a 4x4 in the winter, but it still annoys me when people use the size of the vehicle to bully other road users or just drive like tw@ts.

Wullie, yeah that is a depressing sight, nice to see it got sorted though.

i have just got off the phone with the insurance company and they said they are happy for me to just get all the bits and sort the repairs out myself, it will just go down as me not making a claim, i have fully comp cover with legal cover, protected no claims, and courtesy car cover if i need it, but to be honest i just want to fix it as quick as possible.

How come if you were stationary (single track lane or no) and she hit you would it be knock for knock? Did you ask your insurance company whether they thought it was worth trying to claim from her? I know its probably not worth all the hassle in the end fighting it for ages but it seems really unfair to me that you did everything you could to avoid a collision such as this and still get hit and you end up paying for it. Winds me up.

Hope you get it sorted.

How come if you were stationary (single track lane or no) and she hit you would it be knock for knock? Did you ask your insurance company whether they thought it was worth trying to claim from her? I know its probably not worth all the hassle in the end fighting it for ages but it seems really unfair to me that you did everything you could to avoid a collision such as this and still get hit and you end up paying for it. Winds me up.

Hope you get it sorted.

I imagine it would be a long and tedious process, as the trouble is finding how to prove what happened, happened. I've been involved in 2 accidents completely not my fault (honest guv!) and have failed miserably trying to prove that I did everything in my power to avoid the collision. Had to pay out for both occasions to get mine fixed (previous mk3 Golf) and on one instance paid over £400 to get some silly old cows mk5 wing mirror replaced in order to avoid another claim when ins was already sky high!! (Incidentally I paid £15 for a 2nd hand wing mirror and another £15-20 on paint and lacquer for mine!!)

Hope u get it sorted bud, doesn't look like there was much damage at all to hers, typical that u took the brunt of it!! :(

Oh no mate, absolutely gutted for ya:suprised:

I just hope the insurance companies involved (Namely hers) don't make things hard work for you. Looking at the pic, it looks like the bumper could be repaired/saved? And possibly even the slam panel could be tweaked back into shape? so just needing bonnet/wing/headlights? I hope so anyway but either way all those parts are pretty easily found.

Best of luck mate.

Neil.

After just speaking to my insurances legal cover team, i have decided to get it assesed by the garage and just let them write it off, pay me the write off value then buy it back, which they have promised me in writing i will be able to do, the parts wont cost me that much but the painwork will cost a fair bit so hopefully the payout will cover it.

I skidded to a stop a split second before she hit me and the road was covered in mud from the nearby farm, so according to the copper who attended there was nothing either of us could have done and it will just go down as split responsibility, by the sound of it each of our insurance companies will pay 50% of the other parties claim.

What im ****ed off about was her reluctance or inability to get onto the grass verge like i did.

Freinds of mine have been involved in similar accidents before and its been impossible for them to argue their case.

Its worth bearing in mind almost any head on crash on a single track road will result in a 50/50 verdict, i know i will stick to main roads in future.

What im ****ed off about was her reluctance or inability to get onto the grass verge like i did.

Freinds of mine have been involved in similar accidents before and its been impossible for them to argue their case.

Its worth bearing in mind almost any head on crash on a single track road will result in a 50/50 verdict, i know i will stick to main roads in future.

It's not like she was driving a 4x4 mate, and you were driving a lowered sports coupe.. oh.. wait.. :|

This is why we drive with a little £50 DVR mounted in the windscreen now, continuously recording a reasonably good video stream to SD card. The view through the windscreen is continously recorded for every journey. Whether or not such evidence can be presented to argue a case I don't know, but if I or the wife should be unfortunately to be involved in a bump again in future, it'll be good to have.

In my opinion anyone who even remotely cares for their vehicle and NCB should invest in one of those £50 DVRs.

Thats bloody crap mate really gutted for you bud, glad to hear to gonna try to get your repaired but it may end up being excessivly expensive which would really test anyone and their wallet regardless of how much you love your corrado

is the there any damage to the engine ? radiator ? ect?

best of luck to getting your G back on the road mate

no damage to the radiator or engine at all, the mocal oil cooler had come loose but thats not damaged either.

yeah i have often looked at getting a DVR as you can get ones that record in front and behind for about £50 now, will definately get one ordered once all this crap is sorted out