Harrier

C11 VRG / Sold,new year/new C !!

Amazed you sold it really, Darren - you seemed to come to a lot of shows and meets with it. What are you thinking of replacing it with?

Thanks Sean ,yes I certainly will stay in touch & will come along to a few shows,especially CCGB nat day which is always a good day,

Yes Rob,I was very attached to it which would explain keeping it for 13 years! & Jim yes I have been to a lot of shows in the last couple of years,I guess I knew I was coming to the end of my time with it & wanted to do as much as possible with it as a final flourish !

Not sure what's coming next ,have looked at a couple of e46 m3's,funnily enough in BMW Mystic Blue ! Which is a colour I like on the M 3, but not really sure. Might do nothing for a month or 2 & see how I feel then.

Sad, sad, sad. But I'm glad it was an easy sale. I hope you do still come to some of the shows at some point. Good luck with whatever you chose next.

Well,my Corrado has been gone for 3 weeks now & i have to admit i have missed it a bit & for a couple of days after i watched it drive away with the new owner i felt a bit emotional.Not sure it was healthy to be that attatched to a car!

But today i collected its replacement 8),

A manual e46 M3 in Mystic Blue with black leather, a colour that i really like.You need to see it in the metal to appreciate it,quite bright in the sunshine & quite moody in the shade.similar to Corrado mystic blue but not as dark.The car has covered just 38k miles & in great condition.

I bought it from a used car dealer in West London,they generally sold quite high end motors,Porsche,Ferrari etc & this at the bottom of there sales website ! They were great to deal with ,the car was kept in an underground car park with a whole bunch of exotic cars which was shared with a couple of other car dealers & it was nice to have a look around.

In the deal for the car they had an inspection 2 carried out by BMW ,as it was due.I initially said no to the car because of this as is a £1000 service !! Also included with the deal are some spare OEM 18in alloys,with nearly new Michelin tyres,

which M3 owners often fit as they are meant to give a better ride, ( though compared to a rado on coilovers the ride is pretty good anyway ! ).They need a refurb ideally & i plan to get them finished in Shadow Chrome or Anthracite. Going to keep the car very standard overall though.

First impressions of the car are good,the drive home this afternoon included 2 hrs sat on the M25 which gave me time to appreciate the air conditioned quality interior & when i joined the A3 i was able to open it up a bit and opened the windows through the Hindhead tunnel, which is 1 & 1/4 miles long ,(glorious sound) .Always loved the VR6 through there too.

Only problem so far is its longer than i anticipated & it wouldn't fit in my garage without having to dismantle part of my shelving,the Corrado fitted in there so nicely !!

Anyway ,took a couple of pics

Look's lovely that Daren I'm sure you will improve it and it will grow on you after so long a Corradoist keep us posted with the show's etc you go to :thumbleft:

Quite easy to move on from the Corrado with one of those mate - right up there on my list of dream cars. Hope you have many enjoyable miles in it.. it looks stunning.

Yeah definitely agree Jim. Awesome looking (and sounding) cars and fantastic colour

Excellent replacement for the corrado Darren! Bet it goes like stink..

Good choice on the manual gearbox too.

Thanks all, really nice to get positive comments , love this forum & plan to stay in touch 8)

They do sound amazing with a full Supersprint exhaust. And I believe that it saves loads of weight too :)

Oooo lovely car.... Some nice motors at fletch dale.....

Not seen your rado round my local area yet. Was it bought as a toy or daily.

Oooo lovely car.... Some nice motors at fletch dale.....

Not seen your rado round my local area yet. Was it bought as a toy or daily.

Thanks,he is keeping it as a weekend car,I'm glad to say.

Hi Ben,the blue interior is a bit loud for me !

Are you at S Pod for Vw action this month ?

Nice car. I know what you mean about garage modifications. I needed to remove some shelving when I changed dailies. New cars are so much bigger

Love the metallic rasp these cars make, have never had the pleasure of taking the wheel but have been put in the boot a couple of times as a passenger..

Agreed on the comment about it being a manual. My mate had one with the smg, not my thing and definitely not his either when it went pop...

Nice one Darren, I love it, awesome cars and a good choice of colour.

Out of interest, how much are you charging for a wrap of coke....lol

Rog.

Thanks,he is keeping it as a weekend car,I'm glad to say.

Hi Ben,the blue interior is a bit loud for me !

Are you at S Pod for Vw action this month ?

Yes we will be there, its a week earlier so the weather should be a little more stable, give me a shout if you guys are planning on going.

Been enjoying the fine 'ish' weather in the m3 this weekend, also got the 18in wheels back from refurbishment and fitted them along with some smoked front indicators. Wasn't sure about the wheel's at first as they don't have the impact of the 19's but they have grown on me and I definitely prefer the style of them.

Also came across a picture of my old Vr, while on my hols in Brittany, in a French vw magazine!!