Harrier

C11 VRG / Sold,new year/new C !!

Yep cracking motor Daren and sad to see you selling up. Always admired your car and not just because its the same colour as mine. Would love to have my paint looking as good as yours though. If we dont meet again, good luck and was always good to chat to you.

Cars a credit to you!

Nice to see another Rado priced well too, Sure helps residuals :cool:

Does this mean there's a set of 301's floating about? Damn i said i wasn't going to spend anymore money :bonk:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, Macdaddy, the wheels might well go up for sale separately if they don't go with the car,Roger, 928,944 worth considering thanks

Strange seeing a few of the old regulars selling up but I'll admit I've thought about it myself recently (modified cars don't seem popular at the moment though) so I appreciate people want a change.

Best of luck with whatever you end up getting mate.

Have you thought of a 968 (as I noticed a 944 or 928 were an option ). I only mention it as

I test drove a couple and heavily researched them before buying the VR (which I hate to say am too thinking of selling).

Either way, hope the sale goes well and all the best.

Did I read 928?? Listen to that V8-soundtrack, and you're sold: Nice and refined when idling and pootling (the 32 valve version anyway, the 16-valve engines sound a lot more meaty from the word go, but lack 20 PS), but then put your foot down :)

Tempest

Just seen this Daren. Sad to see you're selling- always thought your VR was stunning! You've looked after it so well and it's wanted for nothing. You've had a very good innings though, and I understand your decision to go for something else. Just take your time and drive as many different cars as you can. A TVR would be fantastic, or something a little oddball like the Z3 M-Coupe. All the best in your search- keep us posted!

I recently looked into 944's heavily and came to the conclusion that a 944 S2 would be a great car along with a late 944 turbo. But for rarity and to get the best of the line I would have gone for a 968. I postponed my decision due to my company announcing 25% redundancies although it looks like I just survived the first round so may start looking again soon. However be aware of how expensive front engines Porsche's are too service. They can be worse than 911's.

Like many have already said i am surprised to see this up for sale although you have definitely served your time, fair play..

I hope you get a straight forward sale where you get the money the car deserves and not the "its only worth five quid" approach that sadly our cars seem to get..

Have adjusted For Sale advert as i have now largely returned the car to a more standard state,with a lower price of course ! This i hope will attract more potential buyers.

Its now on Pistonheads too.

So there will be some nice parts coming up for sale in the classifieds soon 8)

Don't post em up til I've seen whats going on Saturday Daren! :nono:

Only joking mate, look forward to seeing what is available though. I'll PM you now regarding Saturday mate.

Don't post em up til I've seen whats going on Saturday Daren! :nono:

Only joking mate, look forward to seeing what is available though. I'll PM you now regarding Saturday mate.

:nono::nono: yourself sean Oh Oh only joking!!! "Back's up getting" play the game bud

Yeah sorry James, dont mean to tread on anyones toes. :rolleyes: Tbf, if they were posted on here first, I may be able to resist as I'd actually think about it. Being there in the flesh though, well, lets just say that temptation is sometimes too hard to resist when its on a plate in front of you!!

Yeah sorry James, dont mean to tread on anyones toes. :rolleyes: Tbf, if they were posted on here first, I may be able to resist as I'd actually think about it. Being there in the flesh though, well, lets just say that temptation is sometimes too hard to resist when its on a plate in front of you!!

Cool Sean I was only winding you up anyway bud :thumbleft: :)

A rather emotional morning as the new owner of my car took it away. The buyer is from Aylesbury & he seems like someone who is going to take good care of the car.

I have told him about this forum & the CCGB so hopefully I will be able to follow what he does with the car ,though he says he plans to keep it original which is good news.

Feeling a bit down this afternoon .

A rather emotional morning as the new owner of my car took it away. The buyer is from Aylesbury & he seems like someone who is going to take good care of the car.

I have told him about this forum & the CCGB so hopefully I will be able to follow what he does with the car ,though he says he plans to keep it original which is good news.

Feeling a bit down this afternoon .

Some very good examples selling very quickly for very encouraging sums lately. A good thing for us, but must be a very strange feeling having let it go after such a long time in ownership. Congrats on the sale Daren, but don't be a stranger, and hope to see you around in the future. Good luck with whatever you have planned from here though mate. :thumbleft:

The attachment people have to their cars is amazing really , must have been hard to see it drive off , up the road Darren . I'm into 7th year of Rado ownership now and although like everyone else , it's had its ups n downs , it would be very hard to let go .