Rinse

Possible to remove VR6 Rad with Front end on?

Hi guys, simple question, I'm a bit stuck for time on doing a Radiator replacement on a VR6 and wondering if its possible to swap radiators without taking the slam pannel and front bumper off.

Cheers.

I think it's possible but it's not that difficult/time consuming just to remove the bumper and slam panel. Gives you a LOT more room to work and you can change things like thermostat and housing, temp senders etc while you're at it.

Yeah I did it with the front end on but in the time I spent messing about I probably could have it off and made life easier. Plus it's very easy to damage the new rad when you have to maneuver it into position. Oh and the fans are a very tight squeeze. Just take the front off and save the hassle :)

In my very early days of VR6 ownership and before I found how easy it was to remove the bumper and slam panel I did do a rad swap.....took me close to six hours, probably four hours longer than it would doing it the easy way.........if you're short of time it's not the way to go!

I changed mine before Xmas 100% easier taking the bumper off , it doesn't take long about an hour to do it than the rad change .

If you do decide to do it then take the battery out, sounds obvious now but at the time, and after a few hours head scratching, it made life far easier.

In all honesty though mate take the advice from the others and just remove front end.

Yeah, I just battered the front end off, a lot easier than I expected. Thats me only just finished now. Glad everything went to plan. Finishing work at 9pm is not the one.

HOW DO YOU TAKE THE BUMPER OF? seriously i changed mine took me about 5 hours with leaving the bumper and slam panel on, im quite a competent chap, but i seriously almost lost my rag with the suborn biatch, still have not got the slightest clue how u get a ba-stard thing of! anyone got any like guides or anything?

It's not difficult. You just keep removing things from the front end until the bumper isn't on the car any longer.

Ok that's not exactly a "guide".

It's not difficult. You just keep removing things from the front end until the bumper isn't on the car any longer.

Ok that's not exactly a "guide".

helpful as ever vr! haha, also just tried logging on, on a diferent computer, had to sit n scratch me head for a while as to why i couldnt log on, then sighing aload putting my head on my hand and remembering/ accepting i have to type in the username baconator to get into the site! W*NKER! haha

helpful as ever vr! haha, also just tried logging on, on a diferent computer, had to sit n scratch me head for a while as to why i couldnt log on, then sighing aload putting my head on my hand and remembering/ accepting i have to type in the username baconator to get into the site! W*NKER! haha

I aim to please :salute:

Do you want your proper name back? You'll have to remind me what it was, it's changed that much :lol:

It changed a few times but you'd have to check the quotes in the thread otherwise there's no trace of it.