Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

thank you kindly…

Have finished all the wiring now and put it all back into position. Ive also removed wax oil and dirt that was hidden or impossible to get to while the loom was in position.. Ive started to put a few bits back under the bonnet now before moving onto the next task - new starter in, refurbed front engine mount bracket in and more gearbox cleaning..

Im still waiting on some of the clips needed to put in the new windscreen trim pieces, shouldn't be long though fingers crossed..

Intending on getting the compomotives back on as its wearing 2 x speedlines. While they are off ill detail the arches (again). The speed lines will probably be up for sale shortly as to be honest the are not needed and with some new wheels on the way i don't want to fill the garage. The new wheels will need a slight tickle but not much. I hope they look ok, they had better do anyway….

Very cryptic to say the least Micheal please remember I have not been on here very long so have no idea what wheel's have been seen on your car obviously apart from the RS301's come on mate ;)

After a quick peep into Gareth's thread these are the wheels the car has sported over the years..

Speedlines (OE)

BBS RX11 16"

BBS RS 301 (original)

BBS RS 301 (polished dishes, gold bolts)

RH ZW1 17" 8x17

Azev A 17" 8x17

BBS RX11 17"

BBS RS 301 (staggered 8" rear, black centre)

BBS RX 17"

BBS RS 301 (staggered 8" rear, bright modern silver, polished dishes)

Compomotive MO 8x17

BBS RS 301 (original, unrefurbished, 19years old and going strong)

BBS CH 8.5x17

Good stuff Michael, didnt think this corrado could get any better. when will we be seeing the new wheels?

Very cryptic to say the least Micheal please remember I have not been on here very long so have no idea what wheel's have been seen on your car obviously apart from the RS301's come on mate ;)

Now you know how it feels James lol!!!

The wheels are just to give it an alternative look, they aren't a replacement to the compomotives.. As we all know change of wheels can make a car look totally different so i like the idea of a quick change..

Who mentioned BBS James??? ill answer with pictures once they are here...

Chris you are a bugger I think I nearly had him there but you have probably blown it now :lol: Thing is my new wheel's are wheel's you would not normally associate with the C :p

The wheels are just to give it an alternative look, they aren't a replacement to the compomotives.. As we all know change of wheels can make a car look totally different so i like the idea of a quick change..

Who mentioned BBS James??? ill answer with pictures once they are here...

Just an educated guess mate ;) no insider info

Sorry James.

Loved this car on the RH ZW1's, and the CH's (would like either for mine). Please tell Michael.

Sorry Chris but you have the cleanest set of rs301's in "Britain" and you want a truly lesser wheel :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Have a look for Zaks blackberry on here. He ran CHs and ZW1s.. RS301s are sublime but if you see this car you'll understand what Chris means.. Different look, not the 'classic' image but absolutely amazing...

I've seen Zak's corrado before, I had his thread on my favourites!! The corrado sitting low on ZW1 / CH's with a small amount of tyre stretch just looks like nothing else.

It was/is such a great car.. He nailed it with every set of wheels.. I didn't like the CHs against Satin silver but on a Blackberry they were unreal..

Check out page 4 & 5, but for some reason I dont think the deeper dish RS's work.

Just shows you that all a Corrado needs is the right set of wheels and lowering

I was at edition when Zak won the trophy… Pictures on those pages are brilliant..

Chris, you need to make an addition to your wheel family...

I would but there isn't enough room under my bed...

Stick them in the garage then mate

Best way to do it is just do it like they are any old wheel's so there is no pressure on fitter allowing him to do his job without worrying easy

Car now sat on compomtives all round. HAd a nightmare as the socket jumped off the ratchet and has damaged the surface of one of the wheels, not happy.. Well on a plus side it was the one where i had 'touched it up' and there is another one that isn't 100% so ill be off to the refurbers next week with 2 compomotives and two of these…

P1020300_zps03846bf0.jpg

I hope the colours of both can be matched as the Mos are a slightly darker silver...