Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

The comps certainly look a lot more 'meaty', if that makes sense.

The RCs look surprisingly wide in the flesh, i thought they wouldn't after the 8" wide comps.

I think its going to be a nice change to be able to make, RCs for some occasions and Comps for others. One thing about RCs as others have said is they are very light for a 17", not that it really matters to me, this is an ornament not a track driver..

I thoroughly enjoyed giving the car a wash today and have progressed with some more assembly of the engine bay along with a complete coolant drain down and some fresh spark plugs going in..

I know what you mean about the weight, RC are one of the lightest 17's you can get. Im undecided to be honest, both look good. The chrome caps on the RC's really help. I think a 10mm spacer on the rear would make them fill the arches more.

Spacers may well be used..Im dead chuffed with the condition of the silver centres, if they have been past their best id have to lose them and black is the only available option… There is plenty of room in the rear arches as they are rolled..

Interesting to hear differences in opinion…i agree they are more classic looking but the comps are so nice, I've just returned from the beer fridge in the garage and had a peep and its a different car on both sides, what a nice problem to have...

P1010462_zps08f0e3cf.jpg

I don't know which i prefer, the idea was to give the car an alternative look..

I like the RC's but the rear looks to be set right in, not sure if its the angle of picture. Maybe it needs a slight raise of the rear suspension?

There is a slight down slope on my drive but i will look into the heights. I haven't adjusted the setup at all..

Today was a big day, i have the engine back together now so after polishing my HT leads and refilling the coolant it was time to fire her up. After turning the engine over to get some oil circulating i started her up, so chuffed that it is smooth and quiet. I was apprehensive about starting it for the first time after a cam change, gaskets (no oil or inlet leaks), coolant change (all warmed up while 'massaging the hoses' to avoid any airlocks etc. Id forgotten it was actually the first time the starter had been used so all ok.

P1010471_zps2daf7f53.jpg

I have a few sundry bits to put back and to recommission the gear linkage once i get some of the brackets back from the plater and then she is good to go.. I can't wait to actually drive it again after it having quite a spell of hibernation...

Edited by Goldie

Just WD40 Chris…gets any marks off nicely and shined the silver plug connections up nicely, not that they are visible..

Thanks very much Bally…i missed my old one a lot so its good to have another...

Looking great , a mahoosive credit to you . Can't wait for mine to go in to the body shop to have the bonnet sorted and the new sound proofing put on .

Looking great , a mahoosive credit to you . Can't wait for mine to go in to the body shop to have the bonnet sorted and the new sound proofing put on .

What's wrong with your bonnet Rob? Tunnel trim is on its way mate. Sorry Micheal for cluttering your thread ;)

What's wrong with your bonnet Rob? Tunnel trim is on its way mate. Sorry Micheal for cluttering your thread ;)

Apologies from me to , I have some surface rust on the lip above the headlight mate , while it's being sorted I will fit the new soundproofing .

Rob

No need to apologise gents…

I genuinely do appreciate the feedback on the car, even though none of you like the new wheels...

I like the wheels, just the back wheels look like they need a bit of fine tuning on the picture. It may be just a bad angle.

I didn't say I didn't like the RC's mate just said I liked the Comp's (I was hoping you were going to think "I'm selling the Rc's") Then I would have made my move :D And like Chris said spacer's on the back I had to do it with mine even though they are 8"

Edited by clumpy1

I do like them and they suit the car well, just love the comps , which is why I chose to get them when the group buy was on . I really must get to some shows in the summer and see this car and others .

I was joking fellas, i appreciate honest feedback and it is interesting to know the difference in opinion of the two style of wheel.