Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Yes you would Karl, i doubt there is anyone on here who has had more sets than you..

Today…

Starter Motor 2 - Michael 0

Window trims 0 - Michael 1

Yes you would Karl, i doubt there is anyone on here who has had more sets than you..

what is four sets of RCs a record then?? and a good purchase on the RC centre cap tool.

I think it is a record mate.. Yes chuffed to secure the correct spanner.. all being well i should have the wheels by the end of the week and then off they go again…

Ive had to call in the A team to help me sort this starter and mount out.. My dad is coming up for the weekend, i told him he could have a cuppa when he arrives and then its car time.. He is used to working on a 1973 MG so mine should be a walk in the park..

Even jacking the engine/gearbox up slightly?

Did you jack the front end up before removing the starter and then dropped the car down again?

Well my old man came to the rescue. With some strategic jiggling the long bolt for the starter is in. We couldn't get the other bolts for the bracket out so i still have the rusty bracket on but hopefully i will get a mechanic to sort it..

Tomorrow i intend to lay all the wiring correctly in the starter area and then i have some more powder coating to get done. While thats away i intend on changing the fuel filter and getting all these wheels sorted...

My winter maintenance period is beginning to draw to a close.. Ive started collecting some bits for next winter already but ill collect over the year and spread the cost so that i can address the next projects which primarily are the brake lines and other associated components and to revisit some powder coating underneath..

Today i got this, new header tank, cap, powder coated bracket and all new screws..

P1010444_zps83f2ad21.jpg

Once fitted it looks like this..

P1010445_zpsa82a3c00.jpg

Thats 2 bottles done with 2 to go, both in the post. the brake one will wait until next year and i may leave the power steering as well as there are a couple of jobs to do on the system, it may be wise to do all together..

Whats that powder coated bracket from? Those bottles look really clean, I think I need a new washer bottle.

Yes Mk4, i didn't order it specifically Jon, i think our Corrado ones have been superseded..

This is the bay at the close of play today, been a while since the manifold and the car were acquainted..

P1010452_zpsbd489c24.jpg

A little trial fit of one of these, all being well ill roll her out tomorrow and throw one on the front and i may treat her to a wash as well…

P1010453_zps7c37e165.jpg

P1010454_zps15eb167f.jpg

You have got to be happy with them Micheal car is looking sweet mate though I do believe I have found a wheel that work's amazingly with the Rado

Honestly the car is filthy, its covered in dust..

If i manage to get it on the drive tomorrow Graeme ill do a picture of it with odd wheels one side before i swap..

Mike the polisher thinks he can get me in in a week or sos time to have 2 x Mos and $ x RCs done all the same colour to match the MOs as they are.. It seems a shame to refurb these RCs as they are very good but i want them a shade darker..

What you found James?

Michael, car looks absolutely amazing as ever. Engine bay is spot on- amazing what a difference a new washer bottle makes!

So glad the wheels got to you ok. Looking forward to seeing all four on 8)

Thanks very much to you for deciding to let them go.. A good broadside shot should be on the cards for tomorrow..

Honestly the car is filthy, its covered in dust..

If i manage to get it on the drive tomorrow Graeme ill do a picture of it with odd wheels one side before i swap..

Mike the polisher thinks he can get me in in a week or sos time to have 2 x Mos and $ x RCs done all the same colour to match the MOs as they are.. It seems a shame to refurb these RCs as they are very good but i want them a shade darker..

What you found James?

Nice try mate you and that ChrisL what you like you will find out when the Beast re-awaken's. I'm enjoying myself in the Vectra at the mo it's a very nice drive alot like the R32 except when you give it a prod it's like ok couple of second's then bwwarrrp rather like the R32 couple of second's and it's like BBWWaaarrrpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp then the VVT kick's in :shocked!: YYEEEEEEHAAAAAAA. The Rado aint going Nowhere..

Here are a few pictures of the wheel try on..

First up, bit of both..

P1010459_zpsd1c6ddcb.jpg

P1010457_zpsfdd9a4e3.jpg

Next, RCs only..

P1010463_zps238bf882.jpg

P1010462_zps08f0e3cf.jpg

I don't know which i prefer, the idea was to give the car an alternative look..