fla

Forum experts selling their Corrados???

Doesn't help when long established members get their user names changed by Tom (VR6).

Fixed :D

In a bag.

Plus an egg.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

Well, I'm sort of back, in a compromised Corrado spiritual successor...

Picked up a 3.0TDI A5 Quattro on Saturday, as I can't afford these days to have a daily driver, and two different "toy" cars (ie Scirocco and Corrado), I thought the A5 suits both daily (family) requirements and damn good fun to drive too :)

it must be a season thing selling corrados, i am getting az transfer nearer home so i will be selling my car in three weeks time a 1994 satin silver 8v corrado with fshistory from vw and now mileage if 68800 miles only which can be proved yes 68800 miles only any one fancy this car only 111 left on the roads of these models

Have thought recently about it all, especially my VR as i feel it's caused me to miss what i really wanted to do in my other life (cycling) I could have done so many trips abroad riding the mountains of Europe several times over with what i've spent on it. now it's pretty much as i want it to be i feel i'm a bit too old to pursue these thoughts but a big part of me also appreciates what i have too. :)

I feel more nervous driving the Nugget as much as anything and it's amazing how many near misses i seem to have with folk opening doors, pulling out of junctions etc i'm on constant vigil with it and it annoys me a bit to be honest but feel i've gone too far into that to give up on it now and sell it on. :)

So guess i wont be leaving here soon either. Sorry lol!

Have thought recently about it all, especially my VR as i feel it's caused me to miss what i really wanted to do in my other life (cycling) I could have done so many trips abroad riding the mountains of Europe several times over with what i've spent on it. now it's pretty much as i want it to be i feel i'm a bit too old to pursue these thoughts but a big part of me also appreciates what i have too. :)

I feel more nervous driving the Nugget as much as anything and it's amazing how many near misses i seem to have with folk opening doors, pulling out of junctions etc i'm on constant vigil with it and it annoys me a bit to be honest but feel i've gone too far into that to give up on it now and sell it on. :)

So guess i wont be leaving here soon either. Sorry lol!

Very similar to how I felt but add in 4 kids at home and spending the weekend away at a show and feeling guilty at not being with them at home. Would of loved to just stored mine away for a few years and then come back when they are older.Bought the mk2 but just not the same and realised I didn't want to be spending my time lay underneath cleaning...!!!

Will have another one one day if the right one comes along.

I left the Corrado scene back in 2003 for the same reasons having had two. Now I'm a bit older and have a bit more cash and a garage, the plan is to own this one I have now for some time but not get obsessed (hard I know) just enjoy it and when it breaks, pay someone to fix it.

I wouldn't want one as my daily driver though, too old now

If I had to have mine as a daily it probably would have to have gone by now.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

too old now

How old's too old though ?

It took me a good half a dozen weekends to get the 8v where I wanted it as a daily. Crawling around underneath, over and inside the car. Though in respect to the comment, I have asked myself the question "could I really do this in 20 years ?" money permitting I would certainly would love to roll around ( on a daily basis that is ) in something a little more comfortable and current. Though I'm still undecided what that is.

Perhaps this is the crossroads for Corrados all around the country. Older boys and girls want to drive them because of the driver reward and in general maintain them to a fair standard, before passing them on to the new fold of younger owners.

In turn, younger owners want to own them for similar reasons, but don't have the bias towards maintainance as say someone ten/fifteen years their senior. Which then results in a once good car dropping into the "cars for breaking section".

And please, before I get mullered with comments about the generation gap, I base this purely on the amount of cars that are (more so than ever) popping up for sale with the classic quote "I've only owned the car for six months, but in that time I've lowered it, changed the wheels, but done frick all in terms of fixing the broken mechanicals etc etc".

I wish with every new advert I click on I am wrong, but on the whole, I'm (much to my own dissapointment) usually right.

How old's too old though ?

Never!! I use mine on a daily basis which I think reduces the inclination to think about getting rid of it. Removes the moneypit in the garage that doesn't get used feeling plus keeps it in better running condition.

And please, before I get mullered with comments about the generation gap, I base this purely on the amount of cars that are (more so than ever) popping up for sale with the classic quote "I've only owned the car for six months, but in that time I've lowered it, changed the wheels, but done frick all in terms of fixing the broken mechanicals etc etc".

I seem to be the youngest Vr rado owner on here @ 20, and although i seem to fit your stereo type somewhat regarding lowering and wheels, i have also spent SERIOUS time repairing upgrading almost everything on the car, when i brought it it was EXACTLY as you described, a truly sad state lowered on tacky wheels, with quite honestly a system i regard offensive to refer to as suspension, window tints, bodged wiring, it saddened me. i myself have had a deep interest in classics since a pup and have applied this taste to the rado, 968 cups over wolfrace wheels from halfords so-on and replacing that **** suspension with KW Variant 2's, also replacing all broken parts with only Hella approved items (rad etc), removing the dash and replacing all worn/ bodged wires and blocks, removing as much as possible from the bay, cleaning and refurnishing all brackets plastics, replacing the window mechanisms so they work, fitting the 1997 mk3 golf sunroof unit in lue of the broken abandoned corrado one, new hinges for the bonnet, even replacing the gear knob with a better specimen, right down to new jubilee clips in the bay the list could go on and on..........

I do agree with you a incredible amount as they seem to of somehow ended up with body kits on and chrome wheels world wide, i am just letting you know, there is at least some hope for the younger generation.

Edited by EJ Taylor

As an occasional poster I am still here, whenever I sell a Corrado I only end up getting another. Had current one 2 years which is longest of the lot. Love it to bits really as it is the only reliable motor we have on the road, bit dog eared round the edges but great to drive and I don't worry about leaving in car parks. I will have it on track days soon and the moment it snows it will be the first keys I pick up as the steering is so damn controllable. It is my pride and joy, but in a mechanical machine sense, love to look at the lines of it and one day I have promised it a full body refurb.

Not trying to stereotype anyone EJ. Just merely putting down in type my observations. But let's be honest, if you're running a Bristol, you're not going to be spanner averse now are you. Kudos all the same.

Never!! I use mine on a daily basis which I think reduces the inclination to think about getting rid of it. Removes the moneypit in the garage that doesn't get used feeling plus keeps it in better running condition.

Agreed.

One on the road is worth two in the garage I say :cool:

Agreed.

One on the road is worth two in the garage I say :cool:

I would just like records to show that I am biting my tongue and not posting something in response to this.

Not trying to stereotype anyone EJ. Just merely putting down in type my observations. But let's be honest, if you're running a Bristol, you're not going to be spanner averse now are you. Kudos all the same.

yer man, i hear you! just saying.

ill get some pics of her up at some point :) all about the 6.5 big block grumble! my rado is my mini v8 substitute! and its like a Prius in comparison on fuel haha