fla

Forum experts selling their Corrados???

There seems to be a trend with the forum mentors all leaving at the same time - firstly OSV, then Renshaw now the Haywire, who in my opinion is totally as his name suggests. Then i see that 8vMatt had passed his stunning machine on, so perhaps RW1 may be next in line or maybe Kip, or Coulstar,or Daves 16v - hopefully not though...

Change is good. New ideas, thoughts, personalities.

It's always a shame to see those with knowledgable expertise take a step out of the shop window. But the pack has to be shuffled from time to time. Just need to work out who the new jokers and queens are.

I think eventually a lot of owners will think of selling up. I can't see kip doing it mind.

Gareth's car may be new to me but I am a returning owner so I have no radical changes coming.

Interested to see if its a familiar name who has acquired keys car.

---------- Post added at 8:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:53 PM ----------

Kevs not keys

It is a little sad to see so many selling up but i agree with James,& hope new enthusiasts keep the Corrado community thriving !

Yes it is a bit of a surprise to see so many leaving, I was genuinely shocked to se Mr.Haywire selling up.

I would presume most will stick around though as this is by far one of the best forums on the net IMO.

Only problem I'm having since selling my'n is that other rado owners think your mad when you drive past them, not in a corrado, waving like a window licker.

Edited by Danny B

There seems to be a trend with the forum mentors all leaving at the same time - firstly OSV, then Renshaw now the Haywire, who in my opinion is totally as his name suggests. Then i see that 8vMatt had passed his stunning machine on, so perhaps RW1 may be next in line or maybe Kip, or Coulstar,or Daves 16v - hopefully not though...

WTF!

Must be good stuff you are on for a Friday night Mr. H. !!! Want to share.

As with the saleman from VW Guilders of Chesterfield at VW NorthWest in August enquired about being 1st in the queue, having after spotting the C in a story book pictures of my Silver Mk2 Scirocco.

My answer "Speak to my estate executors when the time comes :D".

lol

Oh and ps. It won't be in the short term, medium term or long term either before you lot start scratching your chins :p.

I no longer own a Corrado but I still check this forum out as it is by a country mile the most informative and knowledgeable forum i've ever been on, very special place.

The new owner of mine is on here, but not a frequent user. I'm sure he'll introduce himself and my old car in due course :D

It's been an absolute pleasure owning and modifying my Corrado and this forum has been a MASSIVE part of the overall ownership enjoyment, so I'm not going anywhere :D VR6 sold his rado years ago, and he's still on here ;)

That is good news indeed, it'd be a real shame for people like you to disappear not only from a banter point of view, but also for the knowledge you pass on, without such i wouldn't have had the confidence to do much of what i've done to my car.

Don't want to appear too arselicky, but when a few of the most experienced members disappear it could change the landscape of the forum forever.

Thanks for the kind words sir :D

And without wanting to sound big headed, I know Corrados inside and out, so always happy to pass on the knowledge!

VR6 sold his rado years ago, and he's still on here ;)

Despite popular demand :lol:

I've had moments of doubt over the years but they are short lived moments.

My VR is garaged and SORNed for the winter and I will be looking forward to getting it out next year. I've spent a lot of money and time on the car this year trying to get everything fixed and upgrades done.

I've no plans to sell the VR so I'll be knocking around here for sometime yet.

Still here some 7 years after joining, even with breaks in Rado ownership. My Ultima Build thread will be on here when I start it. One of the only forums I would ever put a build thread on.

Jay

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Actually looking at my avatar make that 9 years! Oh dear god!!

Jay

I have no intentions of selling my current one for a few reasons.

1. I know I would want another, thats been proven already.

2. Its value is not really that significant for me so I can have it sitting around and thats the reason Ive not pumped any huge amount of money into it. Ive not touched a thing on it in over a year.

3. I really like driving it.

4. Its my girlfriends favourite car out of all of them.

5. This forum.

6. Its my only VW now (I vowed to always own at least one at any given time).

+ many more.

I can understand those that want to try other things and this is maybe thier only car, it makes perfect sense then. Ive had loads of different cars but the Corrado's have always been the best overall.

Don't know if I'd consider myself an expert in technical duties (that would just be foolish), but I'm quite an expert on Raddo history etc... and I still keep my eye in, despite not having had a Raddo for nigh on 5 years now.

I reckon with a corrado being the first car you start with on Forza Horizon, that corrado prices are going to rocket and this time next year we will all be millionaires. :!

I reckon with a corrado being the first car you start with on Forza Horizon, that corrado prices are going to rocket and this time next year we will all be millionaires. :!

I hope you are right mate....

Everyone returns in the end....I was a corrado obsessive, had two in a row....went to pretty much every CCGB meet going, used to post guides to the old Yahoo groups etc

Left corrados behind for 10 years but then started to get withdrawal like some kind of junkie.....back on the crack now

Doesn't help when long established members change their user names.

Took me a couple months to work out fishwicks new username...

It just gives the impression that these people are no longer here when infact they just have a different username :)

Only takes a week of not coming on and you don't know who's who :)