sharpy-vr6

side skirts whatcha got??

Hi im getting my baby resprayed soon and i find it bugs me how the side of the corrado seems so high.

Anyway my point is i want some skirts to lower it slightly. fk's are cheap and they dont look to bad.

But i cant find any picture of them on a car so if anyone has some fk's or any side skirts you can post a picture

Cheers guys :thumbup:

I can't honestly say I've ever seen a pair of aftermarket sideskirts that work! :|

About 50mm low i think, its on wietec coilovers.

But i think the sides look a little high compaired to the rear and front with my 90mm lip.

Yeh I've never really agreed with aftermarket bumpers or skirts, but that last set don't look too bad - must be something to do with the OEM style texturing!!

Never been a fan, but those look good. Factory fresh!

People used to use Calibra sideskirts back in the day :lol:

Yep, well done Riley for digging out a set of skirts that actually look acceptable. I've never liked the fact that you can see the brake lines ducking under the rear beam from the side and these offer quite a good solution to that.

Mark

Had my eye on them for a while, but I'm still undecided meself. They look ok, but possible water/moisture trap?

People used to use Calibra sideskirts back in the day :lol:

May the Vw gods forgive them for their sins!:cheers:

05.jpg

Personally this is as low as you can go before they begin to look a bit too fast and the furious.

Id actually contemplate having these.

If you want skirts get a sex change or become a scotsman, dont put them near a Corrado!

Only a scotsman could say that and get away with it..

Im inclined to agree.. If you are going for aftermarket bumpers then skirts are ok. There was a black G60 on here several years ago that ran porsche rims and tombstone seats that looked good..

On standard bumpered cars they just look odd to me...

05.jpg

Personally this is as low as you can go before they begin to look a bit too fast and the furious.

Id actually contemplate having these.

Those look pretty good actually not to in your face do you know where you can buy them from.

P.s i understand aftermarket skirts and body styling are a bit marmite, but i want something as oem as possible, so i dont have to travel the world with vin diesel, high jacking lorrys and racing for pinks

/\ /\ /\

Hmmm, maybe. Problem is that stylised photo could be hiding all sorts of nasty alignment issues; you really need to see them up close and personal to be sure. Skirts can look quite weird depending on how they align with the wheel arch and how they look when vewed looking down, ie how much do they stick out from the original bodywork...?

Also, bet you the bumpers above look fugly from the the front!

/\ /\ /\

Hmmm, maybe. Problem is that stylised photo could be hiding all sorts of nasty alignment issues; you really need to see them up close and personal to be sure. Skirts can look quite weird depending on how they align with the wheel arch and how they look when vewed looking down, ie how much do they stick out from the original bodywork...?

Also, bet you the bumpers above look fugly from the the front!

Well im going to stick my neck right out now, i actually really like the front bumper on this. Its the Corrado Dub Design kit, cheap kits like you say wont align very well.

---------- Post added at 7:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:19 AM ----------

This is the front.

ddibumperbig.jpg

I hate any plastic stick on kits and can't wait to pull mine off. The amount of rot around both rear quarters is scary, the more i see pictures of my car the more i kinda like it but i could never live with it. Never saw another corrado with them, especially with the fiddly door infill trim. Might sell them on if anyone's interested?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71562[/ATTACH]

I know that many of us 'older' folk on here might sound like the usual anti-Max Power Brigade, but in all honesty I really think the Corrado shape just doesn't suit any aftermarket styling what so ever.

I personally prefer 80's-90's cars as standard as possible these days, but I can appreciate some can indeed be enhanced by some more modern parts here and there ...... but I really think the Corrado is not one of them. I have never seen a Corrado that looks good with any body kit.

Just me 2p, but please don't do it !!!

If only the jack rarely needed to go under there... but hey, it's a Corrado!

I'm with Danny B on this one, i can't even stand window stickers lol