Hofmiester

Ron's Blackberry VR6 - A11 VRX - Getting her back on the road

Well done with the SC setup mate, nicely done!

Are you going to the vagcars 'racewars' day in a few weeks?

I suspect probably not as my wife is hoping I'll look after the kids that weekend but lets see, I would love to make it down

Result! looks like I wont be needing to have my passenger wing welded at the bottom after all. I've been looking for a totally mint, rust free wing for 4 months and then won a pair on ebay :) Drivers one has some surface rust on the back (but is fine) passenger one is totally mint!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75550[/ATTACH]

She's booked in at the body shop on Sep 23rd. Also got my RH cups being refurbed as I type :dance:

Edited by Hofmiester

I often fall into the wife and or kids trap myself! I'm hoping to make it but it all depends on when I get my loom back and if I get it all back together and running in time!

Bet you can't wait to get the bodywork sorted and the cups on, going to be very nice mate!

Result! looks like I wont be needing to have my passenger wing welded at the bottom after all. I've been looking for a totally mint, rust free wing for 4 months and then won a pair on ebay :) Drivers one has some surface rust on the back (but is fine) passenger one is totally mint!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75550[/ATTACH]

She's booked in at the body shop on Sep 23rd. Also got my RH cups being refurbed as I type :dance:

Oh you bugger! I was bidding on them too and you pipped me at the last second! They're my colour too! :bad-words: :thumbleft:

Oh you bugger! I was bidding on them too and you pipped me at the last second! They're my colour too! :bad-words: :thumbleft:

Me to

Good day today, it's my Birthday and overall things went well.

Firstly, my freshly refurbed RH Cups were ready to collect. They look awesome and I am really glad I went with Anthracite as I think it will pop the Blackberry colour nicely.

a9u7ydub.jpg

Then I finally got around to removing the bumper and damaged wing, ready to fit the mint one before the respray.

Very glad to see that my cars rad support and cross member are pretty much mint!

jynygu9e.jpg

Also, with the wing I'm replacing being an after market one. I was a little concerned that mate it was replaced due to an accident, but looking at the panels underneath, all looks good so for what ever reason that wing was replaced, it wasn't a big deal.

aju7egub.jpg

Cheers fellas, not too much work left. Was going to strip the front end and powder coat everything but may not bother now as it all looks very sound.

Bit of bad news today, while i was waxoyling everthing up before re-assembly I noticed a little damp patch at the botton of my radiator support. Looked a little closer still and the rad is wet in the drivers side lower corner. Seems to have a leak coming from the join betweek the plastic and aluminium join.

The rad was only just replaced in 2011 but it was a cheapo one made by ARC. Just ordered a new Hella one for £140 delivered. Bugger, this car has eaten a massive hole in my wallet :(

On the plus side, a while ago I posted about a coolant smell that I thougt was the matrix but on investigation the matrix was bone dry and no smells or steam from the vents. I think I've found the source!

Mate there is no better feeling smoking a 911 in the upper reaches of the corrado's speedo and the look on the 911 driver's face Priceless :smug:

Funny you say that mate, dropped my car off at Walter Bell Coachworks, it's a 30 mile drive over the A69, no traffic today ;)

Absolutely destroyed some dude in his Boxster trying to give it some, he comes up behind....all inpatient as I'm doing 60....I'm not happy, drop into 3rd and the charger comes on heat.....bye bye pretty Red hairdresser car!

The C is now with Walter for a week having a front end respray. Only the wing was an issue but the bonnet never quite matched colour wise and so I figured we may as well do it right. Also getting the back bumper done as the previous owner had a minor bump and crazed the paint.

New wing may be Green, but it is immaculate :)

urepajuv.jpg

uda7y4yv.jpg

u4y3umup.jpg

Funny you say that mate, dropped my car off at Walter Bell Coachworks, it's a 30 mile drive over the A69, no traffic today ;)

Absolutely destroyed some dude in his Boxster trying to give it some, he comes up behind....all inpatient as I'm doing 60....I'm not happy, drop into 3rd and the charger comes on heat.....bye bye pretty Red hairdresser car!

The C is now with Walter for a week having a front end respray. Only the wing was an issue but the bonnet never quite matched colour wise and so I figured we may as well do it right. Also getting the back bumper done as the previous owner had a minor bump and crazed the paint.

urepajuv.jpg

uda7y4yv.jpg

u4y3umup.jpg

:lol: Excellent mate what's even better is pulling over and letting him by then immediately pulling back up alongside they just don't expect it traffic permitting of course. Glad your taking it easy getting used to the charger :rolleyes:

Very jealous of your N/S wing...........

Shouldn't have been such a tight arse and upped my bid! lol

Haha, sorry mate. I've been looking for a good wing for 4 months and so I actually bid £80 for the pair which is quite a lot but after all that time, I didn't care.

Still have some things to do, my rad is weeping slightly so I bought a Hella one, also oil cooler is still to go in but I'll do all these bits over winter.

Wheel spacers arrived so hopefully RH cups will now fit over the 288s

Edited by Hofmiester

urepajuv.jpg

uda7y4yv.jpg

u4y3umup.jpg

This all sounds sweeet man! 7 days and counting till project charger commences for myself, so excited it's unreal, any tips, advice and things to keep and eye on? Also did anything blow/ split/ leak/ crack/ pop/ snap/ overheat/ melt/ boil/ twist.. etc... when it went from N/A to F/A? Any help appreciated.

peace

This all sounds sweeet man! 7 days and counting till project charger commences for myself, so excited it's unreal, any tips, advice and things to keep and eye on? Also did anything blow/ split/ leak/ crack/ pop/ snap/ overheat/ melt/ boil/ twist.. etc... when it went from N/A to F/A? Any help appreciated.

peace

Are you doing the install yourself? There are a couple of bits I can think of.

1) MAF location - All the VF kits mount the MAF on the end of the charger intake pipe, which is only about 12" away from the impellor. Most people find that their car idles rough when the MAF is located here. The issue is that on the Corrado, there is very little room and so they put the MAF 12" away, stick a filter right on the end (which also doesn't help with MAF readings) and that's it. I did a LOT of reading on this and by relocating the filter to the otherside (in the Passenger side bumper corner) and putting the MAF further away from the charger, you can get a very steady idle. Mine idles smother than it did with a stock airbox!

I used a Neoprene flexi tube (I paid more for the double skin) like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140671550957?var=440038041992&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You can just set my setup in this pic

3u6yhupa.jpg

We also wrapped some silicone pipe around it in the places where it touches the cross member (it is tie wrapped into position)

2) Reduce the complexity of the intake system as much as possible to help reduce the chance of boost leaks etc. In my case I ditched the rocker cover PCV and went with a oil catch can. Originally I just stuck a breather filter on there but I got some really bad fumes and so I mounted a can and then routed the air vent down behind the wing....no more smells. This then frees up the vacume nipple on the TB to be used for you Diverter Valve and Boost Gauge. I wasn't really happy with tapping the Brake booster vac supply as it means you need a really long vacume pipe to stretch across the engine bay.

3) Remove the driverside headlight, makes the install soooo much easier

4) If your car has the oil feed line/return, make sure you route it carfully so it doesn't rub on anything while driving

5) You may have to remove the bracket for the fuel lines that supports them just before they go into the rail. On the V9 charger it was very tight and so we removed the bracket and cut a circular groove into the V9 backet for the fuel line to pass by.

Edited by Hofmiester