Hofmiester

Ron's Blackberry VR6 - A11 VRX - Getting her back on the road

Probably better for the paint anyway Ron to be honest. Are you totally rebuilding this thing? :)

The problem is that I'm really fussy and so when I find a bit that is slightly worn, it has to come out :(

Got my front suspension/steering sorted week. Lots of new bits plus tidied up the rest.

Wishbones are only about 20K miles old so just sanded and painted them. I did need new track rod arms and ends. Seems to drive better now!

su2apu5e.jpg

Rears to follow this week. Took me an hour to just get the ABS sensors out!

seqesy6a.jpg

Edited by Hofmiester

Looking good Ron got yourself some Recaro's too? Also looking forward to seeing your result's from the RRday at stealth.

Oh and detail's on what you have done you OCD rado owner :wave::salute:

Edited by clumpy1

Mate, almost set the damn car alight and had rid of it today. Took me way too long to change the ABS sensors and I managed to break one in the process......bugger bugger....shwit...fook

Its all back together and working really really great (fingers crossed)

I finally sorted my ABS, light is out and the brake pedal feels better for some reason, may just be a placebo effect but doesn't seem to travel as far without biting. More progressive now?

Changed my rear spring perches (seized) and raised the car a couple of turns. The ride is much better while still being low.

Also added my VT gearbox mount and I had the rear poly (Renshaw) mount trimmed down by 10mm. The charger is no longer touching the bonnet when driving it hard.

Gave everything a clean and a lick of paint.

God bless Poland, I had a package today from a guy who seems to be able to get every possible clip for any car.

Bought all these different clips that were broken on mine for £12 delivered from Poland :) half the price of VW heritage for the same bits.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76018[/ATTACH]

That's good Ron glad you are making some progress you will have to let me know about this guy I am a few clip's/screw's short

That's good Ron glad you are making some progress you will have to let me know about this guy I am a few clip's/screw's short

http://auto-spinka.pl/en_GB/index

Took only 3 days to arrive!

Still having some doubts over my wheel choice with the RH cups. While the finish is beutiful on them (really deep laquer) they look small due to the deep dish. The Monty IIs have spokes that go right to the edge of the rim and so the wheels looked bigger. What do you guys think?

etuqene2.jpg

corrado04.jpg

Edited by Hofmiester

Monty's for me Ron. Wait till you see my new one's :dance: not till next year though :D The pic with the Monty's is that a Renault 18 in the background? Pretty rare car that now.

Not about the gangsta mate I just don't think they look good on a Corrado.There are plenty of option's out there Ron stick with the Monty's till you find"The one's". It took me a while to find mine then when I had found them (second choice) and bought them about a month later my perfect wheel's came up for sale (alot rarer) too late then ahhh well the second choice are awesome and will suit the C to a T.

I think the RH's look good but think they need spacing out a smidge at the rear - they're too tucked into the arches if that makes sense? But then not sure if you'd have problems with them rubbing :(

Car looks triffic though :)

Agree Jim. I should have said, I am running an 8mm spacer in the front to clear the brakes. I haven't done anything at the rear. If I decide to keep them then I would put a 10mm spacer on. The back to push them out. Should be ok without rubbing as I'm not D1ck head low.

Ok cheers Jon. I'm tempted to keep hold of both sets for now. I got the RH wheels sitting poking nicely today with spacers on the rear.....but they rub so will need to roll arches if I am keeping them.....or go stretched tyres (which I hate as the ride and handling suffer)

Edited by Hofmiester

Waxed up and ready to go. Finally got some decent pics, although wasn't very sunny so not much zing coming from the Blackberry paint.

Really would like opinions on the wheels too?

corrado01.jpg

corrado02.jpg

corrado04.jpg

corrado05.jpg

corrado06.jpg

corrado08.jpg

corrado10.jpg

corrado13.jpg

interior01.jpg

interior02.jpg

interior03.jpg

interior04.jpg

Dont know what youve done mate but looks miles better now on them RH's your going to have some fun on the way down from Newcastle

Hof, the car looks start to finish amazing. Puts mine to shame! Your bay is incredibly clean/ well finished and the interior looks like its just left the show room. Also your paint is ridiculous that colour has got to be my favourite of all the corrado colours. ...

Seriously cant get over the colour of it. Looks amazing mate. Like Glass. :scratch::scratch:

Also as far as wheels go, IMO the dark grey compliments the Blackberry perfectly. And obviously having wheels so similar myself i love the style. I think they really do suit the car and the stance is bang on too. :salute::salute:

Not going to lie got HUGE Rado envy going down right now. :notworthy: Literally cant fault it. If ever you fancy a black one instead... you know where i am! :shades:

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh! :cheers:

Hof, the car looks start to finish amazing. Puts mine to shame!

Oh man, I wouldn't go that far mate. Yours looks absolutely crackin!

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh! :cheers:

Haha well I will have just driven 250 miles in Autumn weather so it may well be covered in mud when I get there.

Also going to be back on the Monty IIs for the RR day. I am pleased with the RH cups and will likely keep them but I'm going to need a 195 width tyre on the back and maybe a 10mm spacer rather than the 15mm that is in the pics.......then I may get away with it without rubbing. They are ET35 but the tyres are bloody chunky!

Only a couple of jobs left, need to swap the heater controls our (I have some working ones) and also the rear interior door cards are missing some clips and so rattle like a Biatch, got clips ready to go. Small coolant leak from the Rad, I have a Hella one ready to go on over winter.

engine bay looks very tidy indeed Ron. Other pics too, but this one really stands out. I always find it nicer to drive when the car is polished and clean.

engine bay looks very tidy indeed Ron. Other pics too, but this one really stands out. I always find it nicer to drive when the car is polished and clean.

Clean Paint = More Aerodynamic :geek:

So many great cars coming on Sunday now, I'm really going to need to get mine washed in time!

Looking amazing Hof! :thumbleft:

So many great cars coming on Sunday now, I'm really going to need to get mine washed in time!

I think i will be driving mine in the mud to hide all defects on mine! lol

Hof, the car looks great, some real good shots there. Wish mine was half as decent! looking forward to seeing it sunday.