Hofmiester

Ron's Blackberry VR6 - A11 VRX - Getting her back on the road

Good stuff mate remember you have to cut the bonnet , i went for a drive so it marked the bonnet , then went back home and used a dremel to cut the part of the bonnet that was catching and rubbing on the manifold

Well done on the wiring, I need to get on top of mine really, it is a bit tight to clip in! I've got a few hours tomorrow, maybe you've just given me inspiration to fill those hours!

Once you start, it is a never ending task :) Still got a couple of strangling alarm wires about that I need to sort (the ground pin ones to the doors etc)

Good stuff mate remember you have to cut the bonnet , i went for a drive so it marked the bonnet , then went back home and used a dremel to cut the part of the bonnet that was catching and rubbing on the manifold

Hey Matt, do you have a pic of the offending bonnet location? My engine sits lower in the bay to allow the charger to fit properly. It was touching the bonnet on occaision so I bought poly mounts and chopped 10mm off them. Car drives fine but have me more clearance....although my sump is lower :(

I'll get one for you at weekend mate , you might get away with it if you have chopped the mounts , my bonnet closed but it did rub , just remember not to slam the bonnet first time you close it down it'll save you a nice dint if it's gonna hit anywhere mate

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77975[/ATTACH]

I was runner up, swine! ;)

Different seller, same mani? Look at the swirls where it looks like someone has been trying to remove corrosion with a drill or rotary tool

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schrick-VR6-Performance-Inlet-Manifold-/221376857064?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338b16c3e8

Edited by Dox

I just took a punt to be honest, didn't expect to win it :)

I contacted the seller and the flap and vacuum actuator are present, so all I need is an RPM controller and a solenoid to switch the vacuum.

I've looked into it and I should be able to source the rest of the bits for around £70

I just took a punt to be honest, didn't expect to win it :)

I contacted the seller and the flap and vacuum actuator are present, so all I need is an RPM controller and a solenoid to switch the vacuum.

I've looked into it and I should be able to source the rest of the bits for around £70

VAG diesels use a black vac tank.

Would a shift light controller be able to be adapted for the controller? Instead of illuminating a light it fires a vac solenoid?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADJUSTABLE-PRO-SHIFT-LIGHT-RPM-UNIVERSAL-Titanium-Silver-CASE-W-GREEN-LED-/330931216288?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d0d099fa0

If you look at Summit racing, they have loads of RPM controllers, they are used for controlling NOS systems, Water injection etc

Need one of those wired into a solenoid based vac controller. In my case I also need a check valve in the vac system to be sure that the boost doesn't blow into the VGIs vac lines.

I'll share the details once I have something running.

Another thought is that the BMW E90 330i have an rpm controlled, vacuum driven flap in the exhaust, may be able to use those parts.

If you look at Summit racing, they have loads of RPM controllers, .

I bought an RPM controlled switch from Summit and works a treat on my VSR

Vince at Stealth can sell you one if not

Well....it is all back together and running nice!

Interior feels like a totally different car, solid, no rattles and I also greased the wiper/indicator stalks and they feel like new when operated.

Will get some nice pics up when she's clean but here is a nice video of start up :)

[video=youtube_share;5dS1XOJrQBI]

Yeah it took a while but I am really happy with how it came out. Everything is working as it should, heater direction control wasn't even broken so I've now got a spare!

Here is a crappy camera phone pic of the steering wheel.

[ATTACH]78044[/ATTACH]

Agreed it's looking very nice Ron. You are not thinking of selling are you? I saw you answered someone's wanted thread offering your's

Agreed it's looking very nice Ron. You are not thinking of selling are you? I saw you answered someone's wanted thread offering your's

Bloody hell Sherlock Clumpy!

At this stage, it's just a conversation. I may part with it for the right price as I've seen a Porsche 993 I'd like.

No deals done yet and I'm not looking to sell if this particular opportunity doesn't come through.

Don't do it Ron I think you would really regret it. I know they can take up a lot of your time at times but surely at the stage you have yours at now you will be able to enjoy it with a lot less time needed on it. It would be a shame to lose someone like you from the forum but you are a busy man

Don't do it Ron I think you would really regret it. I know they can take up a lot of your time at times but surely at the stage you have yours at now you will be able to enjoy it with a lot less time needed on it. It would be a shame to lose someone like you from the forum but you are a busy man

Cheers mate, like i say...it is just a conversation. Not liking the idea of my car becoming a daily to be honest. Spent too much time on it for that :)

I'm in the US of A this week for work, so a week away from it should help me get some perspective. Just feel so bad when my kids are literally banging on the window for me to come play......and I am stuck in the garage (which i enjoy but not at the cost of time with my kids)

Cheers mate, like i say...it is just a conversation. Not liking the idea of my car becoming a daily to be honest. Spent too much time on it for that :)

I'm in the US of A this week for work, so a week away from it should help me get some perspective. Just feel so bad when my kids are literally banging on the window for me to come play......and I am stuck in the garage (which i enjoy but not at the cost of time with my kids)

Corrado's aren't the best for daily duties I meant your car is good enough at the moment that you could use it for the shows/wkends without having to spend alot of time on upkeep ;)I know what you mean I done it last year with mine didn't have the dash completely out but as good as and I'm doing it again this year and the dash is coming right out as I have another to go in in it's place you are not the only mad/ocd Corrado owner it'll be good to catch up next year when I finally get it back out.Be good to see how well matched our cars are it will be close I reckon :)

I'm massively split at the moment, got a few options.

1) Sell up

2) Stage 2 the charger

3) Stage 2 the charger and go Shrick VGI

4) Just sell the charger and use the Shrick VGI

No idea, got too many parts and not enough time to enjoy them :)

I know you were not really keen on the charger setup so maybe just use the Shrick and sell the charger a week away should give you time to have a think about it. Your car is a cracker and Porsche's aren't everything they are cracked up to be and of course can turn into a very expensive hobby I know what I would do but my circumstances are different to your's ;)

Its funny, the charger is fine, makes more power and that's all good. But because of the way the power is delivered, all above 4K rpm it kind of makes the car feel sluggish in normal driving. For example I drove the C for 3 days and then got in my MK7 Golf GT TD (running 195bhp and 500nm) and the golf is SOOOOOOOOOOO much nicer to drive.

I used to really enjoy the C when it was normally aspirated, even though it wasn't that quick, it felt good to drive. The charger is good but only when you want to rag it, its like driving a massive 16V engine.

I might put the VGI on without the charger and see what that is like.

Quick update....the charger is sold pending final payment but decent deposit paid so fingers crossed all is good. Have mixed feelings as while I liked it 50% of the time, I also disliked it in equal measure.

Going to be installing the SHRICK VGI in a few weeks but for now I'm returning the car back to standard on the engine front. Will be looking to take the car back to a much more OEM vibe soon, may even put the refurbed Solitudes on but that may be going too far :)

Managed to find some 8mm hub centric spacers that will let me run the RH cups without rubbing in the back...or looking too tucked. Will post pics soon