clumpy1

Clumpy1's R32 (For sale on Ebay)

Wise words Rob I do like the idea of mint Corrado but it's just not attainable as I want to use it. No disrespect to those who want to keep their car that way but it's not for me though it's easy to get caught up in it all and a sense of one upmanship seems to take over. I'm just enjoying the car for what it is.

Yep agreed , fair play to the chaps who have done theirs to mint standard . I would always be cleaning after a drive lol , I'm bad enough with the bodywork ! . I will be doing all the powder coating parts though .

little update I was toying with putting a metal sunroof back in but I liked the Glass roof so after buying Corrado sunroof seals for the metal panel I ended up getting one for the glass roof. Phoned dealer with part no off panel and it turns out to be a polo classic sunroof!! Here it is fitted aa00c5b25ecaa7c67e7b42d7db6b8c2d.jpg Went for a drive car feels so much better with new rack fitted. Got back in just before rain cce22978db4dec95f0344785b8951295.jpg

9388163edac169ed12c35c409f975ebc.jpg

If anybody needs a sunroof seal I have 2 for sale £60 posted pm me if you are interested. Thx for looking.

Nice work James, always nice to get in just before the rain !!

Car looks great on the RC's btw :)

Looking great bud. I've got a feeling I still have the metal sunroof panel for the car in the garage. I have no idea of the condition as it'd be tucked at the back if its there, but if you want it I'll dig it out and post it up. It's the skin only, the mech was [unsurprisingly] knackered.

The glass roof came out of a mk2 seat ibiza!

Looks like a nice fit for the sunroof. So mk2 Ibiza and Polo roofs are the same?

James you got a part number there.

Polo classic is a rebadged Seat Córdoba, which is an Ibiza with a boot (not a hatch)

Cheers guys. Baz I've got it working perfectly thx for the offer though. I have got a part no Kev are you sure you want it the glass panel is £500 from stealers.

I will take that part number boss. Will look at getting one from a breakers possibly. My mechanism broke last year. Still not got around to fix it.

Failing a replacement I will need to source the genuine parts.

Just a wee update wet vacuumed seats today and gave a little polish and wax.

f49147837b314b3c5ce04f28669354d7.jpg

f4dc317f9d5c0e47fc228542099d1159.jpg

b928dc57be5cc6deecb6b8df39cb3dc9.jpg

a505f067e74c98a0dc1a558b96f92e1f.jpg

Thx very much mate glad you like it here's couple more pics.

cc2ad1b8d554c08d99b0a685c745b1d8.jpg

277b3dacb940b6ad9ed7cfb4b07ac30d.jpg sorry they are crappy phone pics.

Thx Rob she will be getting some paint possibly over the winter this year. Couple of things I'm not happy with. The wax I used gave it a really good finish Auto Finesse stuff great to use too.

what auto finesse wax is it clumps bit of a wax whore myself, just can't seem to find one i like for the corrado (black) currently on p222 its good but not quite cricket, was thinking of petes 53 next, I've yet to resort to the good old poor boys. probably because i don't want to confirm the fact it will be better than all the expensive wax's i have brought!

Can't remember now it's obsession or something like that it smells immense. I'll let you know it's in car.