CazzaVR

Bristol Volksfest 7-8-9th June

Hi Phil,i will be camping again this year & i,m bringing a mate so there wont be any room for any more passengers unfortunately, with all the camping gear /beer ! etc

Hi Darren, no problem mate. I maybe coming along 2moro anyway, just waiting to hear back from Lew first.

What time are you leaving home? we could meet up in the layby by Q.E. Country Park on the A3 if that works?

I should know either way by about 8pm tonight, I'll let you know.

Does anyone have a genuine late VR oil sump in vgc for sale that they could bring to Volksfest?

WTF, where's the good weather gone - Just started cleaning the car ready for tomorrow and it' s started raining!!!

Ian.

Shame that it's scorching up here in sunny kilmarnock for a change :cool:

WTF, where's the good weather gone - Just started cleaning the car ready for tomorrow and it' s started raining!!!

Ian.

Temporary blip Ian - tmrw will be wall to wall sunshine I guarantee it :shades:

G60 CS, yes its in very good condition. Phil,should be at lay-by 7.15 ish.

G60 CS and Harrier - don't wait for me in the layby at 7.15, I'm now planning on arriving at Volksfest in the afternoon, you guys carry on without me.

I've gotta get a few things done in the morning first before heading to Bristol in the G40 special !

Does anyone know if Volksfest is in the same location and hayfever hotspot as last year?

Vorn could you bring a spare hayfever gimp mask for me please!? Nice one.

Ian - have you got enough food for one more please?, I'm not camping but might stay into the evening, how much is it per person? If there's enough food.

Looking forward to seeing you all 2moro, should be a great weekend for it.

Phil

G60 CS and Harrier - don't wait for me in the layby at 7.15, I'm now planning on arriving at Volksfest in the afternoon, you guys carry on without me.

I've gotta get a few things done in the morning first before heading to Bristol in the G40 special !

Does anyone know if Volksfest is in the same location and hayfever hotspot as last year?

Vorn could you bring a spare hayfever gimp mask for me please!? Nice one.

Ian - have you got enough food for one more please?, I'm not camping but might stay into the evening, how much is it per person? If there's enough food.

Looking forward to seeing you all 2moro, should be a great weekend for it.

Phil

Probably the same location and hotspot - I'm taking a double dose of hayfever tablets in the morning! Its clear skies now so the sun will be shining. See you all tmrw

The twins are ready to go, the question is "which one is Danny DeVito and which one is Arnie?"

[ATTACH]74610[/ATTACH]

The rolls are in the oven now so will be nice and fresh for later.

cant say ill feel too fresh later tho afte the 2am start! Oh well I'm sure some beers will help with that :D

damn nearly end of my break! Why is it that break times are all ways the quickest part of the day?

See you lot later

Cheers Jake look forward to them! Remember to dose up on hayfever meds!

Heads up on the carnival - I didn't realise that there's a carnival procession in Easter Compton on Sat. between 1 - 3pm, so the main road will be closed for 2 hrs according to the Volksfest website, lucky I checked. I remember this now from last year, bugger!

Typical, as I was gonna arrive between 1-2pm. So I won't be there until 3pm ish now when the road re-opens, nevermind.

I'm in my classic Polo sports coupe! but I'll try and sneak in to the Corrado display area if I can, reserve me a space, haha!

see you guys later on.

Phil

Great day at Bristol Volksfest, very chilled with thankfully no hayfever episodes . Good to catch up with everyone again. Thanks to Andy for organising, Jake for baking the rolls and Ian for procuring all those lovely Scottish burgers - How many did Phil eat in the end!! Darren - thought your car looked fantastic today - those seats are rather special.

Edited by vornwend

didn't make it yesterday due to the 1-3 closure. Tempted to pop up today for a look round, still undecided so far :lol:

Very nice close up pictures of lined up corrados would make a nice wall art. Also liking the rat look polo pic next to the corrado.

Had a great afternoon and evening yesterday at Volksfest. Good to seeing you all again. Many thanks to Andy for organising it, Jake for the handmade and baked rolls, Ian for cooking up a Storm (no pun intended) and many thanks to Lew for bringing along a stunning set of mint RX's which I bought and can't stop looking at today! Just one more peek....:dance:

I polished off 3 burgers and a double sausage burger!, followed by a pack of 4 doughnuts, blimey, what a fat git!

You can't beat a good bbq in the summer, luckily I'm built like a greyhound so it's all good.

Hayfever wasn't too bad at all yesterday, only had very mild symptoms this morning, nothing like last year.

Also many thanks to Andy for the 20p dodgems donation, that second round was fun!

I drove home last night skint, but very happy.

Guys, if anyone's there today then please post up some pics. of the main show cars on display and a few VW beetles / buses with the gangsta ride height and paint jobs, like that one for sale for 15K! :scratch: It didn't even have any paint on it and looked like a right shed. It's a totally different scene with the older dubs, still cool though. :thumbleft:

Edited by Philstrm250

Hay guys

Had a great weekend, sorry didn't spend to much time with you but the boys wanted to spend more time on the Bouncy castle and making me dance :lol: and there was only so many times Theo could trick you :)

Everyone's cars looked sweet, really makes me want to keep mine.

Lovely pics Vaughn, is that black/white one of mine?

Johnny

Edited by Johnny H

Great pics Vaughn! Glad you're happy with the wheels Phil, they will look awesome! Great time had by all I think, big thanks to Jake and Ian for sorting the delicious BBQ. Dodgems and doughnuts is the benchmark by which all shows should be judged. Hope they get some pics of our cars on the website this time though!

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0693.jpg

IMAG0694.jpg

IMAG0695.jpg

IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0699.jpg

IMAG0701.jpg

IMAG0702.jpg

IMAG0703.jpg

IMAG0704.jpg

Afraid my pics have none of Vaughn's artistic flair!

Just got back after a great weekend,great bbq,thanks Ian & Jake,some great cars & a lot of fun. Really looking forward to VW Action,Santa Pod as its a similar type of event.

Thanks for the compliment Vaughn ,yours isn't too shabby either ! Nice pics too.

I didn't take many but here's a few.Loved both these Golfs

Btw Jake ,please don't park near us next time as your Polo was getting far more attention than any of our cars !!!

Edited by Harrier

Just got back after my little detour to another get together.

Fantastic weekend all round and a great company too. Was good to catch up with every one and have some cold beers in the sun.

Big thanks to Andy for setting this up and also Ian for sorting out the food and manning that BBQ.

Great pic guys and I promise I will park the polo some where else next time. Never meant to steal any limelight ;)

Hay guys

Had a great weekend, sorry didn't spend to much time with you but the boys wanted to spend more time on the Bouncy castle and making me dance :lol: and there was only so many times Theo could trick you :)

Everyone's cars looked sweet, really makes me want to keep mine.

Lovely pics Vaughn, is that black/white one of mine?

Johnny

Yes that's yours Johnny - taken from the comfort of my chair!

Great weekend and the weather held out for us too, nice to see some familiar faces again also big thanks to Andy and Chef Ian just hope we can get more cars signed up for next year.

Vaughn some great pictures really like number 4.

Wouldn't have minded being there myself it just seem's all the good show's are toooooo far south mate especially for the like's of me looked good though.