nitsypee

Where are the Storms?

sorry to disapoint you kip, i still have the delivery note with my paper work stating it is a storm and it's GREEN :)

To be honest unless they are completely factory there aint much point in calling it a storm anyway. Half of them have been modded a fair bit so kinda loose their storm status. that's just my opinion of course :lol:

He He! gotta be some element to the statement though. it's like anything, once the original spec has been changed it no longer has that exclusiveness :) It applies to lots of other things too like motorbike's, cycles etc. like having a team issue of something and then saying, Oh it's only had this that & these :)

That's not to say I give a rats arse about it though as i'd happily snap up a decent modded one should i be in the market for such a car & yours must be one of the finest out there Chris ;)

Popped to see that one today. It's the first one I've looked at since I sold mine 6 years ago, so it's been a while. It drove beautifully, but needed a few bits and bobs doing. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to find a minty one, but for now I've decided I'm going to be picky and see what else I can find. I may even forsake the Storm thing, as long as it's as minty and original as I can find.

Popped to see that one today. It's the first one I've looked at since I sold mine 6 years ago, so it's been a while. It drove beautifully, but needed a few bits and bobs doing. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to find a minty one, but for now I've decided I'm going to be picky and see what else I can find. I may even forsake the Storm thing, as long as it's as minty and original as I can find.

What sort of bits and bobs, doubt your gonna find anything perfect, especially limiting your search to a Storm, so as you say, might be better just finding the best VR available

What sort of bits and bobs, doubt your gonna find anything perfect, especially limiting your search to a Storm, so as you say, might be better just finding the best VR available

I think I'll def widen my search to include all VRs. I'm most fussy about bodywork - if I can find one that's really good on that side, I can live with fixing other faults. So: great bodywork, original spec, leather. Pot of money at the ready. :thumbleft:

A five and a half K Corrado really should be a mint example, even in Storm form imo. Personally I think its overpriced if it needs work, especially bodywork.

I really don't get this o.e. thing because nowaday's with so many part's being obsolete or like hen's teeth it is so hard to keep the car that way unless you don't use it and take it to show's on a trailer to me that is not what the car should be about i will give more respect to those who strive to keep their car in the best shape they can but also actually use the car than those who don't and at the end of the day a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it maybe i say this because i have alway's been a modder but who can genuinely say they have owned a car that is totally from the factory and nothing need's improving Anyone......

I really don't get this o.e. thing because nowaday's with so many part's being obsolete or like hen's teeth it is so hard to keep the car that way unless you don't use it and take it to show's on a trailer to me that is not what the car should be about i will give more respect to those who strive to keep their car in the best shape they can but also actually use the car than those who don't and at the end of the day a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it maybe i say this because i have alway's been a modder but who can genuinely say they have owned a car that is totally from the factory and nothing need's improving Anyone......

Would have to agree with this, OE on a 20 year old car to me just means a lot of stuff is needing to be replaced and , no disrespect to Storm owners but it's just a badge any leather equiped car is exaxtly the same and paying more for one is just daft unless of course you can't live with out a Mystic Blue car there is no reason to buy a Storm over any other VR as far as I can see.

no disrespect to Storm owners but it's just a badge any leather equiped car is exaxtly the same and paying more for one is just daft unless of course you can't live with out a Mystic Blue car there is no reason to buy a Storm over any other VR as far as I can see.

This was always my take having had corrados for 10 years (like yourself), having said that I just bought a new one and can't help being a bit stoked that it has those little badges i secretly always wanted.

The thing is as time goes on by definition of it having "that badge" it may just have had that owner we wish we were always buying from, the one who understands it is now a classic and needs proper care, attention, time and money.

There is still going to be a lot of corrados driven into the ground over the coming years because the purchase price is low but the ba5tards do go wrong and cost to put right. There is so many more being broken nowadays compared to when i first got into them in 2003, proving their decline!!

I think I'll def widen my search to include all VRs. I'm most fussy about bodywork - if I can find one that's really good on that side, I can live with fixing other faults. So: great bodywork, original spec, leather. Pot of money at the ready. :thumbleft:

My Pal has two Mystic Blue Vr6 storm one has been his from new and has only 24k yes thats 24k, the only addition was a Multi Lock the other he bought of a local guy a few years back, it's also in MysticBlue that's got i think 90k and full history. I'm sure he's ready to sell. he originally thought he'd keep it,but I think as they are both garaged he's looking to sell to free up some space.

Let me know.

That looks really nice, but surely the rear springs are wrong? I know they tend to look jacked up as standard but that is almost 4x4 height. Reminds me of when i put Mk2 set coilovers on a Corrado once before adjusting the backs down.

I remember Dinkus's old Blue VR looked exactly like that when he replaced his springs and dampers (VW parts), so I'd say they're correct.

I'm sure I've seen that car around Colchester some years ago and it was looking very tatty indeed. The painters did a good job.

I was very tempted by it but with so many parts are being obsoleted, Corrado ownership is no longer viable in the long term as I like to use genuine parts only. That and other reasons have totally killed the Corrado market. There's been 13 for sale on Pistonheads for months and Volkswizard have had that one for sale for months also.

It is a sad state of affairs.. but then you only need to look at what sorts of cars you can buy for the same sort of money and it's no wonder the Corrado market is a bit stagnant!

It is a sad state of affairs.. but then you only need to look at what sorts of cars you can buy for the same sort of money and it's no wonder the Corrado market is a bit stagnant!

True. The Corrado is a bit in limbo right now. It's moving from being a cheap-to-buy performance car, to one mostly owned as a second car by enthusiasts. It's a little like the mk1 and mk2 Golfs; people don't tend to own those as a daily. And right now the economy won't support a lot of people having luxuries like this. I'm glad I bought mine (non-Storm) because at least I have owned one before they literally disappear from the roads. It's a great time to pick one up for a bargain, have fun for a few years and sell on again. If they fall further in price then you still haven't lost much money - there's not much value to lose now!

Having said that, I'm considering a bit of a life downgrade right now so not sure how long I'll keep it.

Believe me, that Storm is worth every penny of the £4K asking price compared to some utter toilet heaps I've looked at recently. I've looked at so many cars over the past few months (MK5 GTIs, S4s, M5s (not Pete's) etc etc) and I am sick to the back teeth of lying *******s bigging their car's condition up. It just wastes my time and theirs. I'm almost through with 2nd hand cars and considering a PCP on an M135i as you can get some cracking deals on those right now.

Or maybe an RS4 like Coullstars :D

Believe me, that Storm is worth every penny of the £4K asking price compared to some utter toilet heaps I've looked at recently. I've looked at so many cars over the past few months (MK5 GTIs, S4s, M5s (not Pete's) etc etc) and I am sick to the back teeth of lying *******s bigging their car's condition up. It just wastes my time and theirs. I'm almost through with 2nd hand cars and considering a PCP on an M135i as you can get some cracking deals on those right now.

Or maybe an RS4 like Coullstars :D

Will send you a PM rather than clutter this thread up any more :)

Edited by Jim

Just to get back to the original Question, theres a blue one in my garage, whick looks like it'll be there for a good few years.. Wanted a C to to use as a daily to replace my Silver one I had for 5 years, it didn't have to a storm but also didnt want to pay top dollar as it was going to be left on the streets of Hull and Edinbro.. Rushed into buying this one which turned out to be a dog, chucked a couple of grand at it and its still a dog!! fix one fault and then something else goes wrong, so in its current condition and climate I'd lose to much money selling it.. Roll on 20yrs it might be worth something or I might of won the lottery to return it to its former glory, I doubt either!!!

On a lighter note, since buying mine I kept a note of all Blue storms that came up for sale, even writing down the reg numbers, got to 27 in in a little over 13 months!! Sad I know