edd

Back in the game... found a beauty. EDIT pics added now i have given her some care

EDIT, First chance i have had to give her a clean or anything, done a hundred or so miles now and no issues found, about the smoothest vr i've driven actually, must be that tractor height suspension. No reals plans, new indicators on the way, trying to decided what to do with suspension its either on to trusy H&R and KONI or some KW V3's it think. Bodyshop have quoted me to do a full mop (though not sure if needed after the results today) and sort out a few hints or rust that are better to nip in the bud now, also after a new windscreen after the fecker got broken on the 2nd drive of ownership... Anyway heres the pics...

Well having spent 3 months without a Corrado, fate would have its way and presented me with what I was looking for right on my doorstep....

Picked this up yesterday, '95 Green Storm, ONE owner from new he bought it from Listers in Worcester for the pricely sum of £21000; a bloody nice owner too, lovely guy who was pleased to be selling it to someone he knew was going to appreciated her.

124,000 miles, full service history, no engine work but chains are remarkably quiet and definitely no smoke on overrun and the like; very smooth drive home. It was only used for 6 months of the year and that was to go from Worcs to Brighton and back for work so has mainly done motorway miles.

Few bits of tidying to do but i got it for a very nice price and will be keeping some money aside for future engine work (i've had those engine rebuild invoices from Stealth before so i know what to expect haha). I will only be doing a few 1000 miles a year though in it so the need for rebuild could be a longtime yet.

Only real plans are a bit of paintworks there is small amount of rust on o/s wing and a i will get a proffesional cut on the paint undertaken to try and remove a few polishhing swirls/spider webbing in the light.......and prob a set of KW V3's :). I fancy a change away from the Koni TA's and H&R setups.

So nice to look under a car and see zero jacking damage though, it says a lot.

Edd

Edited by edd

Good to see you found a nice one Edd, cream leather looks lovely :)

Looks like a nice example. Bet you're well pleased with it :)

Nothing like a new car to brighten up your weekend.

Looks minty Edd. Glad you found what you wanted Will look forward to seeing it in the flesh later in the year.

Looking good Edd yeah sort that suspension kwv3's are you thinking of tracking it? v1's are cracking doesn't look like it is in need of a mop i would get the little bit's of rust sorted but like they always do when you think everything is sorted something pop's up.Did you end up getting indicator's from classic parts? that pic last nite did make me laugh

Looks really nice and the interior looks mint!

(you can see the reg number in picture 9)

Cheers Chris, swapped it for another one, got a bit snap happy....

To be honest James im really undecided on suspension, i can't be doing with crash too stiff-a-ride anymore, id forgotten how smooth a Corrado can feel when on stock suspension, even if there is a bit of roll and it looks bladdy awful. Do you really rate the KW V1 i just assumed the V3 would be smoother on the basis of cost....but have ot say hate the thought of payig outt hat much on the V3's

Anyone else offer any thoughts on the suspension direction i should go, have had the Koni and H&R setup on previous cars which i was happy with to be fair..

Edited by edd

I have the kw v1's on mine powerflex bushes h&r anti-roll bar's and 205/45/16's tyre's and it is not too harsh the v3's are more for the track the v1's are very good .

I think the V1s are a bit harsh, had them on the last Rado, I've went back to Koni's which will be fitted shortly, had them on my Storm a few years back and couldn't fault them, with adjustable damping, they were a more comfortable ride :camp: Venom are selling at a decent price just now >> http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Koni&category=suspension&product=Coilovers&make=VW&model=Corrado

Edited by BILLCOR

Interesting how do the Koni coilovers ride compared to say Koni ta's and H&R springs. If I can compare to that as a comfortable ride I will be happy!

Interesting how do the Koni coilovers ride compared to say Koni ta's and H&R springs. If I can compare to that as a comfortable ride I will be happy!

Couldn't say as I've never had the Koni/H&R spring combination on a Rado, the Koni coilovers in the link are a great price when you compare them to the KW V2's which are very similar with adjustable dampening >> http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=35681&manufacturer=KW&category=Suspension

In all honesty you are not going to get a comfortable setup with coilover's no matter which one's you use if you want comfy stick with standard cos the state of our roads doesn't help.

KW V1s on mine and very pleased with them. Its not armchair driving but I like that feeling of being connected to the road. I think it probably forces concentration a bit more as well which is probably not a bad thing if you are pushing on a bit :grin:

Still looking for a breaker somewhere reasonably close where I can cut out the battery tray section to have it welded into mine, want to keep it looking original. Need to get to a meet sometime soon too so I can get someone to give me a ride on some kw v1's...

That looks lovely, one owner cars not coming up too often these days! Ride height is my eternal dilemma with the Raddo, love the squat aggressive stance and the 'sunday blast' of lowered, but also think the standard car rides superbly the rest of the week..oh, to be able to afford to run 2 of them!!