Sign in to follow this  
usrdave

Whats your worst enemy on the road?

Currently mine is BMW drivers. (not all, but lets face it - most)

Oh and stones, one put this mahoosive crack in n/s headlight the other day :mad:

Currently mine is BMW drivers. (not all, but lets face it - most)

Oh and stones, one put this mahoosive crack in n/s headlight the other day :mad:

BMW drivers are my number one priority to upset... including a certain M3 driver who got upset cos I was keeping up with him so tried to 'lose' me by slamming his brakes on at silly speeds...

People who try and climb into the boot of the VR at 80mph on a motorway......

Salt on roads in winter.... had two windscreens and two lenses replaced because of it....

Poor condition of the roads up here in the North West.... damages my suspension...

Taxi Drivers who have their own rules on the road...

I could go on and on *:)

A couple of things annoy me:-

People who do 40-50mph on roads which have the national speed limit & then continue to do 40-50mph in a 30mph zone.

People who don't use their mirrors or indicators.

But the one thing that really makes my blood boil is,

PEOPLE WHO INSIST ON SITTING IN THE MIDDLE LANE OF A MOTORWAY EVEN WHEN THERE IS NOTHING IN THE LEFT LANE :x

people doing 45mph everywhere!!!!!

taxi drivers who can do whatever they like,

buses that can do whatever they like,

oh and

Jaguar drivers!!!

cheers

paul

Volvo drivers that pull out in front of you with no indication just as you're alongside them in the fast lane, when they had plenty of space to do it before you approached.

People joining the motorway at 40 mph

Lorry drivers that sway all over the road and throw up shite from the hard shoulder onto your car.

People that don't indicate turning right at roundabouts and get irrate when you pull out in front of them.

People that steam up to a roundabout, jam the brakes on and THEN check for other traffic.

the list goes on!!

Kev

Now let's not get nasty about BMW drivers - some of us are just fine! What always amazes me is how I find someone doing something stupid and I get so annoyed about it that I end up doing something stupid. :mad: Then I look back and think, "in what way am I better than that idiot?" :oops:

Nearly wrote my 'C' off overtaking someone on a roundabout because I had been stuck behind them on an A road for 30 mins at 45 mph. Car kept me in one piece (gotta love that handling) but lesson well learned.

Of course I NEVER drive like that now ... errrmm ... ahem. :?

Any driver who speeds up when you try to overtake them.... :mad:

Any driver who sits on your bumper on the motorway when you are in the fast lane overtaking .... :mad:

Any driver who thinks that because you drive (used to in my case) a VR6 you must be "up for it" all the time..... :mad:

or the horrid yellow mini cooper that I would meet some mornings on my way to work. If he was behind me he would sit right on my bumper and try to pass at any opportunity. I only took him on once and ended up late for work because of it but boy did I show him..... :lol:

Whoops, I think I opened a can of worms here...

However I would like to say my piece in full.

I like driving. I do alot of driving and try to drive better the more I drive. However I am not perfect (no one is) and throughout my driving life I have noticed a significant decrease in driving standards (last 8 years). I am not exactly sure why this is, one reason for it could be that people have less time nowadays.

I am a beliver in most of the highway code and generally stick to it (although now and again I like to open my C up a bit :p ).

I find it amazing how 'other drivers' have a complete disregard for the highway code and other road users.

BMW drivers seem to be major culprits - but then maybe there are just alot of BMWs on the road? nevertheless about 90% of them think they own the road.

Paul - yes, like you I get some anus who wants to race me everyday.

I am learning to ignore them.

I could go on all day...

Happy motoring.

damn potholes that wreck my brand new shiny alloys. there one road work on my way home from from town that was at least 4 inches deep. now I have a lovely buckle in my front passenger alloy.

lovely laydees wearing short skirts and tight tops. I'm definitely gonna write my car off because of them!!! :shock:

my pet hates are.....(in no particular order)

1)Buses........run by massive companies that get subsided fuel and help from the govt...to try and get us off the road thru sneaky schemes like bus lanes(creates more congestion than before) and try to make us look like we pollute the planet etc

2)Speed cameras/traps on roads that have a too low a speed limit for the type of road and are more for generating money than for road safety....bastids

3)Inconsiderate parkers........cnuts that park inches away from your C and then open the door(normally letting it hit your car)without taking care.....bastiding cnuts

4)Repmobiles........these are always hard up yer ass when your C is still warming up and you can see they get a bit smug as they overtake you doing 8k revs while you are limiting yourself to under 3k revs til your oil warms up.......why can you never meet them when your oil is over 80 degrees c

sure i'll be able to think of more

People that dont know how to use roundabouts, they start in the left lane with you in the right then u have to brake as they take "the racing line", even worse when they still dont even realise what they done after nearly breaking the horn with hitting it that much :x Dont even start me on indicators.

OLD people. 65 and over should have to get tested again. They have no clue whats going on. And anything over 45 mph is too fast for them.

People that do 65 in the passing lane on the highway. If you aren't doing 80 get the h*ll out of the way. :evil:

my worst enemy on the roads are bloody pot holes there everywhere!!! Oh and forgot to mention dagenham dustbin rs turbo's they always tryin it on!!!

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

MUST ADMIT IM A SLIGHT HYPOCRIT!!COMING HOME ON MOTORWAY ONE NIGHT,OUTSIDE LANE WAS SHUT,DUE TO ROADWORKS.I WAS SITTING BEHIND A S80 ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE TWO LANES THAT WERE LEFTDOING BOUT 50MPH,NOT CATCHING OR PASSING ANY CARS AT ALL.I REFUSE TO PASS ON THE INSIDE (bad driving).SO I SAT BEHIND IT HOPING HE'D TAKE THE HINT,SLIGHT BUILT UP OF CARS BEHIND ME NOW.ASTRA AND FOCUS FLEW BY ME AND THE S80 IN THE INSIDE LANE.BY THIS TIME EARS WER BEIGING TO FUME :mad: .SO I GAVE HIM COUPLE OF WEE FLASHES OF THE LIGHTS,HE PULLED OVER TO THE INSIDE,JUST AS THE FULL MOTORWAY OPENED UP AGAIN.AS I DROVE BY HE GAVE ME THE FINGERS (man bout fifty with wife,anyone know him?)AS I WAS WITH THE LITTLE LADY JUST IGNORED HIM.HE PULLED OUT TO THE OUTSIDE,MISSING MY ARSE BY INCHES AND FLEW BYE,I WAS RAGING!!(begining of novel)THEN I NOTICED HIM IN THE DISTANCE SLOWING UP NEXT TO THE ASTRA.SO I GRADUALLY CAUGHT UP AND PASSED HIM AS THE MOTORWAY BECAME A DUAL CARRAGEWAY SO I SAT AT 35MPH ALONGSIDE A WEE METRO,FOR ABOUT 3-4 MILES UNTILL MY CUT-OFF S80 WAS WELL PISSED OFF!!!REVENGE!!!! :twisted:

how about the people who pull out of a junction on you really fast then continue to do the usual 20 mph happens frequently in town driving.............untill the airhorns are sounded :twisted:

Bloody potholes and speed humps in bournemouth. Need to have a bumper repaired after catching it on a two foot high (lol) speed hump rear Queens park golf course and i was doing about 3 mile an hour and at an angle.

OLD people. 65 and over should have to get tested again

I think everyone should be retested every 10 years or so, there's some absolutely appalling drivers out there!

My pet hate is people who speed in town. There'll be a car quite some distance away in my rear view mirror & they just gradually (or sometimes not so gradually!) close the gap...does my tits in, I tell thee!

I sometimes feel like I'm the only driver on the road who doesn't do it. :x

I dont have any hates on the road as I am a courteous and considerate driver following the road craft school of motoring.

:wink:

People who don't use their mirrors on roundabouts and just drift into the lane you are in, leaving you in serious trouble when there is a car on the inside of you. It drives me crazy and happens all the time on the roundabouts near where I live :|

People in general!

There you are, coming up to pass someone on a dual carriageway when they decide that the left hand lane just isn't quite wide enough for them, and the best thing they could do at that moment is drift onto and over the white lines forcing you into the gutter before they snap out of the daze they're in and feck back off to where they should be! :bad-words:

People in general!

LOL, agreed. They just get in my way :lol:

My only pet hate is people that do things DELIBERATLEY to antagonise other road users. Such as tailgating / goading, lane hogging, no indication, sudden manouvres etc etc

Driving is not difficult. It's second nature to most people - so much so I bet few of us even have any recollection of our journeys at all? You just get in, drive, arrive.

So why is it that some people struggle with it? Are they just too dumb and need pruning from society?

I would love to be a people pruner. Or better still, I want to be "The Inquisitor" :lol: (Red Dwarf fans will know what that means 8) )