Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

I cut 35mm or so off the end of the bump stops but then the car sat a bit lower than yours. I've added new stops to my heritage order so will see how it sits with new mountings.

Even under very heavy braking, I don't rub which I could get if I really stepped on the stoppers before on the standard suspension. I'll see what happens next!

Good work im pleased it's go sort of well

Have a look at the roof line see if the car is level there?

With my 12v on eibach proline springs the front did sit slightly lower than how it is now with the 24v

Nice to meet you anyway

I've got a MAF you can have for nowt that came with my engine its coverd 60 odd k

When I get chance I am going to get some spring assists to rear to lift it slightly

ive used a set of spring plates on the front in the last that bring the front down 10mm as this is a common issue.

Same I had similar issues with H&R. Have a set of lowering caps ready for the b12 just in case

Bushes arrived earlier and fitted up. It cured all my sagging arse issues and thanks to a better bit of bush I can fit 2 fingers in the gap instead of just the one. Much happier!

Celebrated with a clean and a photo for all you lot!

20150306_173441_zpsd5is1uts.jpg

I put new stops in Sean and took 30mm from the top and all seems well so far. I'm sure I could have taken just 25mm off but 30mm from the top is a convenient place to cut. Measure yours up and you'll see what I mean.

Bushes arrived earlier and fitted up. It cured all my sagging arse issues and thanks to a better bit of bush I can fit 2 fingers in the gap instead of just the one. Much happier!

Celebrated with a clean and a photo for all you lot!

20150306_173441_zpsd5is1uts.jpg

Ooh that sits so nice :)

In the rib then! Sounds/looks like a good place to be. :thumbleft:

I thought so, It would allow you to retain the lower plastic cover.

Ah that looks so much better :) Really nice mate. Have you had a chance to try it on the road yet and see how it feels?

Thanks guys. I was pretty disappointed that it didn't initially look like yours Dave, That will teach me for listening to VW when they told me the parts were obsolete and it was pretty foolish of me to not consider Heritage. That is me done on suspension now, everything is at most 5k old now and on genuine or Meyle/Febi stuff so that should keep me safe for a few years yet.

I managed to get out in it earlier for a quick run and I am still seriously impressed. It feels so supple that you need to keep reminding yourself you're on lowered and uprated suspension. If you are going to spend money on your car, this is the place to start after the headlight looms and 288 brakes! I'm not going to win any "Stance" , or whatever slang the kids sprout, competition any time soon, but watch me cover ground with a smile!

One of the very best threads on this forum, well done Sean you can be very proud of what you have done here. The only thing is that it makes me realise why i will probably never have another Corrado as mechanical expertise that the likes of Sean have i never will (have) - keep up the good work!

How about the toe/camber settings when you had the alignment done?

I've been advised by a chap who had a mk3 rally car to have 5degrees(or however its measured) toe in and only -0.5 camber

I've noticed lot of guys having bit more camber and bit of toe out

I left all of the setting as per factory and Vince advises around -1 in the camber so that's what I asked for. Standard is -1.3 so not too far off. I have the wheels set at -2 on the toe. I'd imagine -5 would be nice on turn in but would destroy tyres in next to no time.

Update, I've done about 100 miles today and I've found that the exhaust knocks when there is stuff in the boot which is really annoying. Something to look into. I also find the low speed ride over broken or rutted tarmac to be pretty harsh. Hopefully it will soften out. Low frequency undulations are fine but the high frequency bumps are pretty harsh.

One of the very best threads on this forum, well done Sean you can be very proud of what you have done here. The only thing is that it makes me realise why i will probably never have another Corrado as mechanical expertise that the likes of Sean have i never will (have) - keep up the good work!

Very kind, thank you!

My pleasure! It's just great to see a fabulous car being brought back to rude health as you have done, especially in today's 'throw away' society!! Have a look at mine that I had in Spain it was just fabulous but sadly Dad got cancer and I had to come home. Having spent €2500 in the previous month I received a good offer from a Spanish club forum member and I suppose it meant sense. ... maybe. .... The thing is I've been lucky and have had some nice cars Golf Gti, Megane rs, Honda s2000 but the VR6 is the only car I would ever buy back. Quite simply it was just an experience to drive it, the noise the thing made, it's rarity etc etc I could go on. Good ones are few and far between now so that's why I follow your story and others too so keep up the good work. By the way a mate of mine on the Spanish forum has put a climatronic in his vr6 synchro............