Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

Unfortunately I don't have the space to store it Hasan otherwise I probably would. I've had a couple of phone calls already from interested people so hopefully it will go to a good forum home!

Very true Mic, It's just a shame it's a Corrado though and not a old Focus!

However a note to salesmen; If you ask what car I currently drive and tell you it's a Corrado and you constantly refer to it as a Corolla. I'm not going to buy a car from you!

Glad you've got a quick sale and its going to a good home Sean. Hardly surprising as that was a mega cheap sale price considering, even with exterior defects taken into account. Keep us updated with what you move onto though mate, and don't be a stranger!

:thumbright:

Thought it wouldn't take long, I had to stop myself checking my bank balance for it!

Everything I want to do but already done, I presume the new owner is on here? Perhaps an existing blue corrado owner?

Thanks guys, I had a large amount of interest but it went to somebody who isn't on the forum regularly. I do hope that it stays on here though so that I can see it develop. I'm confident it has gone to a good home, time will tell!

I won't be going far, this is a great forum with a fantastic atmosphere which is difficult to find elsewhere.

My wife has just bought a new A3 (collect it Tues!) and the audi-sport.net forum is generally full of self centred and opinionated middle aged men who act like spoilt children arguing over nothing generally.

I've replaced the Corrado with a derv 1 series F21 BMW and the baby-bmw.net forum isn't particularly stimulating.

I shall remain here for the banter. There are some really good guys on here who have turned into good friends. Oh and in the interest of fairness. There are a few douches too :-P

As the new custodian of this motor I thought I better add on what it's been up to.

Not much other than putting standard springs back on as the rear was too far down for my liking and then a lot of driving.

It's my daily driver, hasn't missed a beat or let me down and has now been through 2 tanks of petrol, the best mileage so far was 340 so you can tell how it's being driven!

Sean managed to get the spring situation sorted with Eibach and kindly sent the new pair down to me so I finally had a minute to get round to swapping them over - much better now - it has a better look and holds it up better on take off.

Some pics of how it looks now

20151022_170108_zpsbnsmq4kb.jpg

20151022_170050_zpskmfybriz.jpg

I know it needs a clean but I can't be arsed would rather be driving it!

This pic is the 3 types of sprig I now have

20151018_140536_zps9mifg3w4.jpg

Left is a standard, middle is the new Eibachs I now have on the car and right is the Eibachs that came with the car

Edited by k_n_s_jennings
sorting pics

As the new custodian of this motor I thought I better add on what it's been up to.

Not much other than putting standard springs back on as the rear was too far down for my liking and then a lot of driving.

It's my daily driver, hasn't missed a beat or let me down and has now been through 2 tanks of petrol, the best mileage so far was 340 so you can tell how it's being driven!

Sean managed to get the spring situation sorted with Eibach and kindly sent the new pair down to me so I finally had a minute to get round to swapping them over - much better now - it has a better look and holds it up better on take off.

Some pics of how it looks now

20151022_170108_zpsbnsmq4kb.jpg

20151022_170050_zpskmfybriz.jpg

I know it needs a clean but I can't be arsed would rather be driving it!

This pic is the 3 types of sprig I now have

20151018_140536_zps9mifg3w4.jpg

Left is a standard, middle is the new Eibachs I now have on the car and right is the Eibachs that came with the car

If you google the part nos on the springs you may turn up what the fitment is. I sold a pair of rears that came fitted to some konis I bought before selling them on.

I've been waiting for those wheels to hit the for sale section.........

Well finally got it through it's Mot, nothing major to do just finding time to do it! had to put on a pair of tyres, small patch on the sill, change a rear wheel bearing (done both sides whilst it was up in the air) , adjust the handbrake & bleed the brakes through.

Looking like I may be having to moving it on soon to get something a bit more practical & economical but If I can find somewhere to pug it away for a few years I'll do that instead!

Funnily I may have some space soon.....

Rubber ball, come rolling back to.....and so on and so forth.

:cheers:

Funnily I may have some space soon.....

It's here if you want it back, Sean.

Just had another pair of tyres today as I got a bad puncture, Christ knows what I run over but it left an in round rent in the tread, luckily it wasn't in either of the new ones I had for the mot!

I'm in the midst of the same issue with Bilstein, the rear springs supplied with my B12 kit are EW 85 13 002 HA as well. If you could do me a favour and take a measurement from wheel centre to arch on your new springs at the rear I would very much appreciate it.

I'm in the midst of the same issue with Bilstein, the rear springs supplied with my B12 kit are EW 85 13 002 HA as well. If you could do me a favour and take a measurement from wheel centre to arch on your new springs at the rear I would very much appreciate it.

335mm on passenger side - 330mm on drivers with about half a tank of petrol in - fronts are 330mm/328mm on the levelest bit of road I could find around here.

Absolutely fantastic, thank you very much. How does it feel on the road? Is the rear as 'supple' as the front?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

It was night & day difference between the springs - I swapped out the springs that came with the car for standards as the ride was so **** with the back end bogging down all the time.

Feels much more in control with these new springs which makes it more fun to drive, especially hen partaking in some friendly street racing.

Cool, let's see if the part number on the replacements they're sending match what you got, thanks again

Cool, let's see if the part number on the replacements they're sending match what you got, thanks again

Who did you buy them from? I take it they're being pretty helpful in helping you source the replacement springs?

I'm in Ireland so they're through one of the Irish distributors, Keith in Alloywheels.ie, he's a great guy to deal with and has been extremely helpful. Essentially he's said if bilstein Germany don't get it sorted he'll get it sorted. Two days from raising the issue springs are being shipped from Germany direct to me foc. I'll report back with the results!

I put new stops in Sean and took 30mm from the top and all seems well so far. I'm sure I could have taken just 25mm off but 30mm from the top is a convenient place to cut. Measure yours up and you'll see what I mean.

If you cut the bump stops from the top do they not then drop down the damper strut under gravity as the diameter of the hole at the top of the bump stop is less than the bottom (in order for there to be resistance and not drop down the strut)but when you cut 30mm of the top of the bump stop you lose the smaller diameter hole.

I need to shorten my bump stops for the B12's but want to keep the dust cap and this then restricts me from cutting bump stops from the bottom; I am not sure how to go about it....does it matter if they drop down, i don't suppose it does really..