markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

Well, the Lupo ones are, erm, 17 or 19 (can't remember which!) but then we're using a Lupo one since they're the right size (well, nearly)

However - you might be ok!

Maybe you could use a Golf or Passat drivers blade? They must be about 21 inches!

Pop along to your local VW showroom with a tape-measure... :)

would that fit ok onto the lupo wiper arm? if it would then i might consider it. i have contacts at my local stealer so might be a bit cheaper. Plus i dont have to buy 2 arms and blades. :D

You'd have to see about size... but you might need a bigger arm so a Golf arm might work out better.

But I think the blades are the same connector - just different lengths.

Just off the phone to my inside man and he reckons that the new "floppy" style blades are pants and only last a few months before needing replaced. Anyone got an experienced opinion of this matter? He hasn't actually used them but from working in the garage he's heard a few complaints.

Haven't heard of premature wear problems yet but since the majority of VAG cars now use them, an updated blade is sure to follow.

Speaking of Wipers, VW found that wipers always wear on one side as they rest on the same side when parked. So on the Bugatti Veyron, they've installed a system that lifts the arms every other wipe so that the both sides wear evenly, mad!

Kev

Premature wear - yes.

I've had the new set up on since 8 Mar and the drivers side blade started to split on 2 May. Not impressed with a 2 mth life, especially since its been dry most of the time, but my dealer gave me a new one foc when I was in yesterday. Don't know whether this is indicative of them being poor quality overall or this is just a one off.

Anyone else?

Eh???

I've been waiting 6 weeks for a driver's side blade - how come you got one on the spot?? :shock:

:2gunfire: VW Parts Dept.

Andi, I buy lots of stuff from them so they love me

:lol:

Actually I was pretty upset with it coming apart so I rang them up to moan. They didn't have one in but ordered it. That was on 2 May & I hadn't been in since then (I used the one off the 16V in the meantime :lol: :lol: )

Just phoned my local stealer (Shittygate in Colindale) - still no passenger side wiper blades in the Country - he checked with all the other dealers too. Looks like the Germans are hanging on to them for themselves :evil:

So now it's been nearly 2 MONTHS :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazyeyes:

Cheers

Mark (still with pants OE wipers :roll: )

Erm, read the first page of this thread m8...

Yes I have done this, quoting to the parts guy the exact numbers on the first page.

Passenger side fitted and working perfectly. Have driver's side arm, and still waiting on a blade.

Right Again

RIGHT HAND DRIVE CARS ONLY

6x2955409A ... Wiper Arm Drivers side - Now Confirmed by Andi

6x2955410A ... Wiper Arm Passenger Side - Now Confirmed by Andi

6x2955425B ... Wiper Blade Drivers side - Now Confirmed by Andi

6x2955425C ... Wiper Blade passenger side - Now Confirmed by Andi

I say think because the new EPC list Left and right now not LHT and RHT like the old ones

So

LHD CARS

6x1955409A ... Wiper Arm Drivers 100%

6x1955410A ... Wiper Arm Passenger 50%

6x1955425B ... Wiper Blade Drivers side 100%

6x1955425C ... Wiper Blade passenger side 50%

Now im ordering

2x 6x1955409A ... Wiper Arm and 1 x 6x1955425B ... Wiper Blade Drivers side and 1x 6x1955425C ... Wiper Blade passenger side 50% BECAUSE I HAVE A LHD CORRADO!!

I got those LHD part numbers from a UK dealer when i was back in the UK earlier in may so using those part numbers and the originals Andi posted i think they are correctly labeled

BUT CHECK WITH THE DEALER

Well I thought as I started this thread, I better tell you lot how I've got on :wink:

After 2 months on order and lots of :agrue: with the dealer, I've finally got the passenger side wiper blade :cheers:

Fitted them 10 minutes ago and.... wahey!...what a difference!

I went for the 2 x drivers side arms, and 1 x driver and 1 x passenger setup BTW.

Cheers

Mark

hmm if that the result then im going for that my above post is now edited

Yep - just to clarify the part Numbers I used:

W6X2 955 410A (drivers side arm) quantity 2 - £16.50 +VAT each

W6X2 955 425C (drivers side blade) quantity 1 - £8.43 + VAT each

W6X2 955 425B (passengers side blade) quantity 1 - £8.43 + VAT each

Total £58.59 inc VAT

HTH

Cheers

Mark

Mine have been running since Febuary and are lasting really well. No signs of wear. They have been superb in all this rain we've been having recently :lol:

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

there are 2 other options...

1. just put in an extra washer beneath the axe of the original whiper.. so the wiper comes closer to the glass.. works perfects and allmost no costs.

2. build a mono-whiper...

you'll need:

- the whiper mechanism (the metal part, not the wiper enigine) of a seat ibiza '91 (or near that year, but with the mono whiper) this mechanism works like a bonrath, but at the scrap heap it's a lot cheaper than a bonrath :)

- a whiper of a lancia ypsilon ( i don't know the year but its a whiper with a widt of approx 0,5 inch)

- the original whiper enigine

to build:

* i don't know how the enigine of a rhd is placed, but with a lhd the enigine comes on the drivers side, where it's normally at, then 180 degrees turned and upside down

(onto the ibiza mechanism)

* the mechanism of the ibiza should be shortened for about 2 inches (no welding needed)

* then you just place the lancia whiper and give it the right set up (looks best lying down, because the whiper hole isn't in the middle of the car)

I'm making this one a sticker as its one of the two best Corrado mods around.

HEHEHE :lol:

If you guys had bought the UMBRELLO product that is on offer here you wouldnt have a problem to start with. :D

HEHEHE :lol:

If you guys had bought the UMBRELLO product that is on offer here you wouldnt have a problem to start with. :D

first bit of rain here since having it applied and it does exactly what it says on the tin :wink:

Further to my last post, it seems that the part numbers for the Lupo GTi wipers have changed to:

6X2 955 410C - driver's side wiper arm;

6X2 955 426 - wiper blade.

The change might explain why some people have been waiting so long for their parts to arrive.

Here are some pictures:

C with Lupo GTI wiper arms and blades (part No.s above), with the original set up for comparison.