VR6 Gar

VR6 Gar's Flash Red VRT. SOLD

Can't believe you are selling it mate but I guess those itches sometimes need to be scratched.

Total bargain for someone, having seen this car in the flesh I can honestly say it's worth every penny.

Btw, don't let Rob take any bits off 'my' engine....lol

Rog.

Cheers Rog. If you decide to go down the new Pump route I won't be worried if you decide you don't want the engine.

Got your pm Rob. Will have a look at getting those brackets off for you this weekend and will send you some pics of everythings condition.

am i missing the sale ad? shame its going gar, hope it goes to a forum member

It's in the Cars for sale section.

Cheers Rog. If you decide to go down the new Pump route I won't be worried if you decide you don't want the engine.

Got your pm Rob. Will have a look at getting those brackets off for you this weekend and will send you some pics of everythings condition.

Thanks Gareth

Jeesus thats cheap if i wasnt knee deep in mine and this had came up six months ago i think id of sold mine and had this without the wheels and seats for 4k , good luck with selling bud and with the new car if you get one

Awesome car, loved it when I had it and a very good price.

There's an M5 that goes about Aberdeen with a loud exhaust and it sounds brilliant.

Tell me about it, I added up receipts of what I've spent on mine this year yesterday. That coupled with the good used parts I've bought in the same time could have afforded me this! :pukeright::mad2:

Well you may not have to consider it for long.

Randomly the first 2 people who have expressed an interest in the car are both from Aberdeen, which is where I bought it from.

Potentially got someone flying down tomorrow so this could end up being the easiest sale I have ever had.

Good new gareth

Hof worth a visit as seen this car develop and been in a few years ago.

If I wasn't knee deep in mine when it first came up for sale I would have bought it and painted bordeaux

Sounds like a deal will be done before I can get to it. Just so damn busy with work that I don't even have time to take the kids to the park!

Lol, its probably the folk who contacted me about it. I put it on the local forum Im on and its well known on there so could be coming back up then. I told them I want the wheels if they do buy it......

That would probably explain it, although both people that contacted me are members on here too. And they both said they were going to speak to you about it.

Cheers Graeme.

Ugh, I hate seeing this for sale. Wanted this ever since the first time it was built, such an awesome car, I want the engine

Fancy swapping the engine for an r32 setup... ;)

You'll want the Corrado back after a year with an M5. Check for rust on the rear arches and evidence of big ends being checked / replaced.

Tbh I am not sure I will. Great as they are I don't think I can stomach another FWD car. Having owned 8 FWD and only 1 4WD it's time to move on to RWD. The VRT was fun in a straight line but completely useless at getting its power down in 1st and 2nd and accelerating through corners was a massive lottery sometimes thanks to the way the boost came in.

The M5 does comfort, speed, agility(once fitted with ARBs and coilovers), noise and equipment at an amazing price so think it may last longer than the 18 months tops most of my other cars have lasted, however that remains to be seen. Plus I have to find a suitable one yet.

Think the whole big end problem isn't as bad as it is made out to be. There are plenty of high millage cars out there that are still running original bearings, they just need to have been properly looked after. A few people have problems, report it on forums then suddenly everyone starts to panic. It is certainly something that needs to be considered when buying though.

I know what you mean. I loved the power band of my VRT engine, but just fell out of love with the car it was in. A Corrado VR6 can barely make the most of it's standard power, let alone twice that, such is the ancientness of it's underpinnings.

Good luck with the M5. I'm not saying any more about them :D

Yep, drove away last night. Bloke called Ian bought it.

Instantly started to question if i had done the right thing but think it is for the best. Only used it about twice in the last month and did less than 10 miles in those trips.

So it was the guy I was speaking to. Nice, I'll go see if he wants to sell some wheels...

I was the same when I sold it and always will have a hankering for another but its good try different things.