clumpy1

New wimbledon champ

Go on Andy Murray a totally well deserved victory :salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::king:

I'm not much of a tennis fan , but I was hooked on that match , after all these years we have a British champ , well done to Andy Murray .

Agreed! Missus was dripping that I wasn't getting the BBQ on, but I couldn't pull myself away from the TV! Well done Andy, excellent win and well deserved! :cheers:

I Recall having lunch with a colleague about 10 years ago. He was massively into tennis and predicted that a young new player, Murray, would be even better than Henman and would likely be our best hope for Wimbledon in the near future. It seems he was right.

Well done Murray.

Turned everyone into a believer....Fab match and win get in Andy Murray you beauti.:king::king::king::king:

Good job it didn't go to four sets though, he looked knackered. Good show though, interesting that comment he made about being so far in the zone that he had no clue what the last game played like .. he was just playing it..

Murray and Henman remind me of Jensen Button and Coulthard. In their respective sport for years but rarely ever seem to win.

Good on the Murray Mint though. He's worked hard for it, even if he did look like a Zombie compared to Djockovic.

Murray's worked his way to where he is, I wouldnt compare him to Button or Coulthard as they were both lucky with the machines they had. Andy has done all the work to get where he is. He is a dour bugger which doesnt help with his popularity but none of them have much of that these days. The last 4 grand slams he has played in he has been in the final and now holds two so Id say he is pretty **** hot and a one Britain (mainly Scotland ;)) should be proud of.

I first saw tennis at Wimbledon on b&w tv in the early 1960s. Then came the Connors, McEnroe, Borg, etc. Never dreamt a Scot could be anywhere near that sort of excellence.

Andy Murray is stupendous - he looks like an ordinary Scots geezer - no film star looks, etc. We can relate to him so easily, and he produces huge power from his unremarkable looking physique.

This is a boy who was hiding under a desk in an adjacent room when more than a score of his schoolmates in Dunblane were being slaughtered by gunfire.

The horror that visited a gentile small Scottish town about 30 miles from here was a nightmare come true.

Those things don't happen in the UK, never mind Scotland.

He raises a salute to the sky when he is victorious and he is doing it for those children as well as himself, his family and his nation.

A legend in our time - and Scot or Brit, he is ours.

Edited by craigowl

I first saw tennis at Wimbledon on b&w tv in the early 1960s. Then came the Connors, McEnroe, Borg, etc. Never dreamt a Scot could be anywhere near that sort of excellence.

Andy Murray is stupendous - he looks like an ordinary Scots geezer - no film star looks, etc. We can relate to him so easily, and he produces huge power from his unremarkable looking physique.

This is a boy who was hiding under a desk in an adjacent room when more than a score of his schoolmates in Dunblane were being slaughtered by gunfire.

The horror that visited a gentile small Scottish town about 30 miles from here was a nightmare come true.

Those things don't happen in the UK, never mind Scotland.

He raises a salute to the sky when he is victorious and he is doing it for those children as well as himself, his family and his nation.

A legend in our time - and Scot or Brit, he is ours.

Very well said from an obviously True Scot/Brit there are not enough like you anymore mate you are a true old school Gent :salute: really glad i started this thread now.