Corrado411

Roof trim

I thought you might have taken the post's i put on your thread regarding respray as interest in purchasing scraper seal's i thought there was no chance of getting them as you were saying "they will only be used on my car" yet now AAAAAhhh disappointed Jim thought you might have let everyone a fair chance of buying ;)

I thought you might have taken the post's i put on your thread regarding respray as interest in purchasing scraper seal's i thought there was no chance of getting them as you were saying "they will only be used on my car" yet now AAAAAhhh disappointed Jim thought you might have let everyone a fair chance of buying ;)

Just a question of right place, right time, nearby location and the mood I was in mate. Sorry to disappoint anyone!

OK - good news. I found them. Both sides. Still sealed in their packet :) I dropped you a PM to sort out getting them.

Picked my replacement roof trims on Saturday and they look to be in quite good condition.... certaily better than the ones that are on my Rado right now! On closer inspection, it seems that they are not just the piece of moulded rubber i initially thought they were, the underside having groves and channels were they attach to the roof, plus a couple of other intricacies on each end which might complicate matters.

However, undeterred, i'll send the pitcures off to the people who have indicated they may be able to help and see where we are from there. I'm not going to have them fitted just yet, on the chance that these people may be able to do something, which if this is the case, i'll need to take them over to this place so they can see what's what. :)

The original VW ones are a 4 piece construction and that's the reason why certain parts of the construction material perishes over time.

When I tried to get some companies to fabricate a set all that they could come up with was a one piece plastic moulding, similar to that used on a MK2 Golf Gti. Visually it looked okay, but you could tell that they were a pattern piece. I would therefore be interested to see what you come up with the companies you are approaching.

If it's a pattern piece, it looks OK and doesn't fall to bits after a few months in British weather, that's an upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going over to see these people during the first week of October - don't have anymore time off

until then. Hopefully I will have more news at that point.

Any update on these? Just stumbled across this thread and it looks like some news is imminent. Great effort in looking in to this. Thanks.