Corrado411

Roof trim

...before they became obselete. Brand new and unopened, so I may sell them as I already have a spare set. I'll put them in the "Parts For Sale" section if I decide I am going to sell them.

I did try to make a set before I bought them, and I asked a few companies if they could help, but no joy. They are harder to make than they look if you want the original look.

presumably those would be the perfect ones for Trimsport or whoever to copy... just a thought for whoever is lucky enough to see the advert first!

Just had a very encouraging response back from a company in Surrey. I'm picking up my roof rails on Saturday and the

sales person there has asked me to send in pictures and measurements as they believe they may be able to help. If

not, they've indicated that they should be able to steer me in the right direction if they can't.

Edited by VR-Sixy

Endeegee....you are fast heading to the top of my christmas card list! :cheers:

Just had a very encouraging response back from a company in Surrey. I'm picking up my roof rails on Saturday and the

sales person there has asked me to send in pictures and measurements as they believe they may be able to help. If

not, they've indicated that they should be able to steer me in the right direction if they can't.

great news! Thanks for looking into this.

Surely as I started this thread and as a fellow Brummie ... you'd consider selling them to me first! ;)

Please??????

pah!....I'm a yorkshireman and were world famous for being more generous....me first! :cool:

If the prices are an acceptable level, and not totally over the top (as there will be tooling costs as well), i'm going to order up 50 pairs.

Should be more than enough to go around! :)

Haha! My need is greater at the moment... she's stripped back to bare metal in parts, hopefully will be finished in a couple of weeks. Been trying to post a scary photo of her stripped but can't seem to get it to upload.

.... anyway if you were a true Yorkshire man you'd be a gentleman too and let a lady have first dibs! ;)

Haha! My need is greater at the moment... she's stripped back to bare metal in parts, hopefully will be finished in a couple of weeks. Been trying to post a scary photo of her stripped but can't seem to get it to upload.

.... anyway if you were a true Yorkshire man you'd be a gentleman too and let a lady have first dibs! ;)

all's fair in love and roof strips......after you maa'm.....;)

(mind you with 50 sets from our man here we maybe safe....)

I'm declaring an interest if this manages to get off the ground :). Now, if only the window scrapers and outer door seals could be re-manufactured.

I'm declaring an interest if this manages to get off the ground :). Now, if only the window scrapers and outer door seals could be re-manufactured.

Me too.

If you mean the trim that goes on the edge of the door, up and around the window..... they're next on the list!!

I think it'll look a bit odd without them and it'll leave quite a deep groove for rain to sit in.... and rust to start maybe??

I think it'll look a bit odd without them and it'll leave quite a deep groove for rain to sit in.... and rust to start maybe??

I think he mean't getting them welded over and flattened off, which is a good idea actually unless your set on a roof rack!

Oooo yummy! I would love a pair of these.

Declaring my interest right now for group buy!

And the other seals to if they come to fruition.

---------- Post added at 4:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:47 PM ----------

Oooo yummy! I would love a pair of these.

Declaring my interest right now for group buy!

And the other seals to if they come to fruition.

Oh silly me! Still think it would look odd tho! :)

---------- Post added at 5:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:48 PM ----------

Guess what?..... Yes he's pulled the window scrapers off and they're like bananas (his quote!).

Not sure what to do now! :(

Given that the likelyhood of me ever wanting to sink the money into mine for a full respray is diminishing by the day, I believe I may have a set of door scrapers brand new in my garage - and evidently I'm not very far from you. I've no idea of a fair value for these given that they're obsolete though...

You beaut! But I have no idea of their value!!!! I'm a bit stuffed without them tho so have a think and let me know what you want for them.... if you can find them that is.

I know what you mean about the cost of a respray it was a now or never moment for me too. It going to cost more than the car's probably worth :/

I am over to my garage so I will take a look and see if I do have them. I found some old threads talking about the price of them at the time as being 40 quid a side from VW.. given the rarity I am going to push for 100 quid the pair assuming i do have them! Any good to you?

I am over to my garage so I will take a look and see if I do have them. I found some old threads talking about the price of them at the time as being 40 quid a side from VW.. given the rarity I am going to push for 100 quid the pair assuming i do have them! Any good to you?

Passenger side is still available from ARZ tuning €89.95, so that sounds a bargain to me !

I don't want to rip people off. Just hope I have them now! Will let you know.