Corrado411

Roof trim

Hi.. I've finally taken the plunge and taken my VR6 in for a full respray. First thing the guy did was pull out the black plastic roof trims which run down either side of the roof.. of course they fell apart! So now I'm trying to find replacements. Firstly... any recommendations as to where to source them? Is it worth scouring Ebay? If so what do I search under, do they have an official name? I've tried roof trim, roof strip, roof seal all to no avail. I'm presuming if I get some from someone who is breaking a car they will be in the same condition as mine.

I sourced a new sun roof seal from Germany on Ebay recently but just can't seem to find these trims. Any suggestions???

Oh , just a reminder don't pull of the window strips on the doors , they will bend and will be useless !

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Mmmm I deleted my other post by accident , roof strips were still available from Tps , around £80 I think .

Edited by robrado974

They seem to keep coming in and out of being obsolete - but I think they really may be be obsolete this time :(

I've been looking for some, VW have a few passenger side ones but no driver side ones and they are around £80 each.

does anyone have a set that they want to get rid of ie if the rubber underneath has completely perished - just want to try and find something that 'might' work?

The passenger side one is shown as being in stock at AZR Tuning in Germany at around €79, but no mention o the drivers side one.

I have the originals that I took from mine when I replaced with new. They are not in perfect condition - ie some of the edging is starting to break away but the undersides are fine. A lot of people cut away the inner side to smarten them up and that can look quite good but I suspect that may just speed up the process of rotting the underneath as water can get in?

If anybody is interested in my old ones I can get photo's up

I've just managed to score a pair from a guy in Derby who had two sets of these to sell.

The other set went to a guy in the USA. Not sure if they are still available from the

Stealers, but i do recall them being quite expensive for what they are.

Probably best to make do with what you have and keep your eyes peeled on eBay

for a decent set. :)

Wonder if enough people were interested, Classic Parts would kick off a run of them?

Have to say whoever does decide to reproduce these would clear up. I've searched far and wide and cant find any

Mine is in desperate need of a decent set too! I wonder how many people would want a set and if a group buy would be possible if someone could fabricate them? Side strips would be good too, esp the door ones which seem to fade terribly.

Well, it certainly loooks like there's going to be quite a few takers if someone does

get this together. :)

Who could make them?
I don't think it would be too involved to be honest. At the end of the day it's a couple of rubber strips with a connecting thingummybob at each end. Before i fit mine, i think i'm going to have a scout around to see if i can find someone or some company somewhere who could make these for a decent price. It's gotta be worth a try. :)

well volunteered that man!

put me down for a set , 2 if price is right.

Well, I've found what looks to be two companies already who do rubber moulding and one is only down the M23 in W Sussex.

I think I will persue this and see what i can come up with. I've got a couple of long w/ends coming up so i'm sure i can spare

half a day to go see these people. Got nothing to lose!

Blimey thats quick, let me know how you get on....and again, thanks

The company I initially found in W sussex have replied already, but sadly can't help.

Still going to keep trying though.

I'd be up for a set too as mine are looking very brittle, and I'll need to start preparing for next years respray soon!