Stonejag

DG Autotech dual radiator fan bracket

Long shot, but DG have stopped doing their double fan bracket and I wondered if anybody had a spare one or one that's been sat in the bits box..?

I'm after the ones that look like this:

PA030625.jpg

Needed fairly urgently as my fans have packed in and I'm booked in for repairs (under warranty, thankfully!) on the 30th.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

In fact I've just checked and I actually have 2!

No idea why or how. But I'm sure you can have one. Make me an offer I guess?

Can I have the other one mic if you selling both?

My fans are making funny noises and going to replace them soon.

Pretty please.

Whoa there fellow forumers. I'll only be selling one as I'll probably need a set on mine in the future.... Poor wording in my replies I think

As it's Nick's thread I'll let him have first refusal at say £25 posted? (I really can't remember what we all paid originally :lol:) and if not we can work our way down dibs and shotguns etc etc

It a few others want a set and someone in forumland has the skills to make them I'm happy for them to copy my spare set as a template.

It a few others want a set and someone in forumland has the skills to make them I'm happy for them to copy my spare set as a template.

I'd be happy to help with getting some made up and perhaps in different sizes too.

It's worth mentioning that these brackets will only fit if you have an original VW Denso Marston radiator as all other replacement rads don't have the extra lips across the top which these secure to.

It's worth mentioning that these brackets will only fit if you have an original VW Denso Marston radiator as all other replacement rads don't have the extra lips across the top which these secure to.

They secure on either end of a pattern rad but need rad ties and a spacer for the middle connectors. Tbh the fans and rad ties would do the job just as well, just doesn't look as nice.

Excellent Hasan, you're becoming a metal working legend!

M.

Kind words Mark, I've only managed to coordinate one item, I hope we can get some more done soon.

Just need to get hold of one now - not sure if we can do it with a tracing, if that's the case, micvr (or anyone else that has a spare one) would you mind making some traces of the different pieces that comprise the frame, plus metal thickness?

Hasan, I'm happy to send you my spare set to copy directly as long as I can get them back? I don't think a trace will work as they've got studs built into them which you won't be able to see on a trace.

thanks Mic, yes that's fine we can work with that.

I also want to look at getting one for 2x11" fans (which is what I have, and I suspect a few other do too). If you want to keep them then I can return them back to you, otherwise if you're looking to sell them on I can post them directly to whoever wants to buy them and they can pay you directly, to save overall postage. But lets cross that bridge when we come to it.

How long would you need them for? I'm still waiting for Nick to respond to this thread but if you only need them for a couple of days then I can get you to send them straight to him.... if he wants them..

Chaps - before you start copying DG Autotech's work, it might be worth dropping them a line to see if they mind first! They may not make them any more and therefore might not care, but if they are still selling them, they might not be too impressed at people copying their products!

How long would you need them for? I'm still waiting for Nick to respond to this thread but if you only need them for a couple of days then I can get you to send them straight to him.... if he wants them..

I think Nick needs fans as well so he may well pass - I'll text him to give him a nudge.

Fair point Jim, I've tried texting the other day but no response yet. I try ringing graham tomorrow.

Chaps - before you start copying DG Autotech's work, it might be worth dropping them a line to see if they mind first! They may not make them any more and therefore might not care, but if they are still selling them, they might not be too impressed at people copying their products!

yes I think you're right there Jim.

Thanks for the follow-up Mic. Lets hope Graham doesn't mind.

It sounds like Nick has already been in touch with DG and found out they don't do them anymore, although I agree it's only polite to ask

Appears I've caused a fuss again :lol: Sorry! Have responded to mic_VR in the affirmative.

I didn't make this quite as clear as I could have, but I did ask them first. They said I was the first person to ask in over 2 years, they hadn't sold any for at least 3, had trouble shifting them all in the first place and not only did they not sell them any more or have any in stock, but the guy who did the CAD left the company and took the original CNC files with him! (yes, I did shamelessly ask for the CAD files so I could make some on work's CNC machine, no I have no shame :D)

Really don't see what the problem would be, but you're right that it would be polite to ask before doing another run.

Unfortunately I need my fans replaced very pronto as I have no cooling right now...unless I drive (even) faster. But it sounds like there are a few unused sets floating around out there that could be used as patterns!

Cheers,

Nick

Yeah - presumably the CAD work was done by Dave aka CrazyDave on here then as he was the other partner in DG Autotech. Perhaps worth dropping him a PM :) He might give you the original cad files.

I was thinking about this on my way to work. If Dave has the files, and there is enough genuine interest on here, he might agree to just get some made up. He just won't want loads left over.