Jim

[Event] Rolling Road Day - Stealth Racing - Sunday 27th October - TAKING PAYMENT

Your car makes more torque before 2000RPM than my VR does at all... hahaha :)

Looks like you all had a good day ,would have joined you if it hadn't been the same weekend as VR6OC nat day yesterday.Hopefully i will be there next time

Yep great day - thanks to Jim for organising and to Vince and Jon for running a slick day as usual.

Good to meet so many people from the forum- shame I had to head off a bit early but hope to make it for the full session next time, when I'll be aiming to brake 200 having been so close today with a factory engine!

Max speed reached - 136.5MPH

Torque - 193.6lb ft.

Good numbers there guys, good job I didn't bring the valver lol.

Max speed reached 127.1 mph

Max torque 228.7 lb ft @ 3680 rpm

Very good figure's Owen especially when you are up against car's with an extra litre of capacity very respectable indeed you have done a good job with this car so far I have been watching. :thumbleft:

Your car makes more torque before 2000RPM than my VR does at all... hahaha :)
Never thought about it like that. :)

watched you latest vid's mate brilliant I love the sound of an R32 add a Turbo immense totally immense thank's for posting

Very good figure's Owen especially when you are up against car's with an extra litre of capacity very respectable indeed you have done a good job with this car so far I have been watching. :thumbleft:

It's all down to the sheer amount of boost I'm forcing into it.

I'll try to get the graph up of mine vs JMC's despite it making 20bhp less as a headline figure. It makes 10 bhp more and about 15 lb ft torque over 85% of the rev range.

Great day out, thanks for organising Jim and very nice to finally meet a lot of you guys in person. I managed to make it home in just over 3hours! Just in time for tea we my kids.

Gutted with the result I got but makes sense as I've never felt that it was that quick and was a bit disappointed with the charger set up overall. The car would be quick sometimes and other times seem like nothing was happening. Looking at the graph, my car gets to 4500 and then the belt starts slipping all the way up to the redline but worst at 5k.........band is jaggedly all over the place and that explains why the boost gauge needle is always shaking as it comes on boost.

Took Vince and John's advice when I got home, got a massive pry bar out and cranked the bugger tight, managed to move the adjuster a full 3mm which is a big amount of slack in the belt. I suspect that as the setup is all new, the belt is still stretching out.

Not had a chance to run her again now but I am really hoping this will bring the performance I was expecting. John was saying that while vortech say 90 deg turn in the belt, they mostly slip at that, and so you need to crank them as tight as you dare. Mine will now reach 90 but only if I am really gripping it with something other than my dainty designers fingers.

I still feel a bit light headed after standing next to the exhaust of red typhoons car during a run.... quite a build you have there mate!

Thanks Jim for organising. Cheers John for the ride in your g. Thanks everyone for the chats, jokes and car related excitement .... v nice Sunday session that. :)

No worries VAG-hag, and yes Owen your car is going to be an interesting G60 to watch. More torque than mine, and over twice the peak boost, but you definitely need to look into bigger valves, more fuel flow, and some way of getting the higher map sensor working. Oh, and the oil leak ;-)

Absolutely GUTTED i missed this. Was so looking forward to meeting everyone and the whole day in general. As you may or may not of heard billies mk3 dropped its oil on the m40 (possible hole in bottom end) and we had to get her trailered back. Didnt feel right leaving him behind. Sorry i couldnt make it looks like it was a sick day. at least spending the entire of saturday waxing the bloody thing means it now has its winter coat on. Still so ****ed off i didnt make it.

Peace :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Absolutely GUTTED i missed this. Was so looking forward to meeting everyone and the whole day in general. As you may or may not of heard billies mk3 dropped its oil on the m40 (possible hole in bottom end) and we had to get her trailered back. Didnt feel right leaving him behind. Sorry i couldnt make it looks like it was a sick day. at least spending the entire of saturday waxing the bloody thing means it now has its winter coat on. Still so ****ed off i didnt make it.

Well.....at least it wasn't your car that got towed home mate :)

Yeah was a shame, Billy's set up looked nice from what i saw of it, minus the coating of oil :) Would have been good to have a proper poke around your corrado too. Just hope its something silly rather than the hole in the block and he will be back on the road soon.

Thank you all for positive comments.I have some pics for you.My specs. Garrett GT3076R, 550cc injectors,Aeromotive intank fuel pump, Aeromotive FPR,homemade exhaust,homemade intake manifold,DTA ecu,LC1 innovate O2 sensor, etc...

Lovely smooth curves with not too much torque low down to wreck the gearbox. Nicely done mate.

Only thing I'd do if it was mine is fit a GT35R to carry the torque past 6000rpm :)

Took the car for a good spin today with the belt tensioned to *F tight

Power delivery seems to come in a little earlier now but the main difference is how much it builds, feels fuller and hitting 6psi just as the revs get into the red on the gauge. However still doesn't feel 30-40bhp more?

Maybe 15-20bhp and a better, fuller delivery.

Anyone know what a V9 stage 1, Miltek catback (cat still in place) should make?

Here are my graphs, the areas in Red are where Vince was saying the belt is slipping. Was only hitting 5psi but I still think 5psi would make more than 230bhp.

Shame Stealth isn't nearer or easier to get to for me, ideally need to find a tuning solution up here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76182[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76183[/ATTACH]

*F = Infinately tight, also known as "F*cking tight"

Edited by Hofmiester

I think you may find the problem is you have only tightened it to *F tight. I think you need to get it to *HSTT

*HSTT = Holy S*it That's Tight. :)

I suspect it may not feel like there is more power because of the linear power delivery, I was really apprehensive about mine producing the numbers but because my power and torque are so progressive it sometimes feels like its not as quick as it is. Was really waiting for the moment Vince pulled me aside and told me the car was fubar. In reality it runs better than I thought.

Is your boost gauge needle steady now or does it still flicker when getting near maximum boost? Might be a sign of slip still.....

Edited by bendunstan

LOL, yeah well my fear is that I'll go so tight that I'll bugger the bearings which is always an issue with the vortech chargers but so far I can almost twist the belt 90 degs and it isn't making any grinding sounds so I think its ok ;)

Before it would feel flat from 4000-5500 I would get a boost reading of 3psi at just over 4K but it would stay at 3psi to 5.5k and then suddenly shoot up to redline and hit 5psi. Took a video on my way home from the RR day last night.

You can see the boost sitting in the same place for ages between 4-5.5k and then shooting up.

Now it is making boost from about 3.5k and I'm seeing 3psi at just over 4K and then it builds in a linear way, no pause and needle is steady. Hits 6psi at about 7K

Feels strong compared to before. Really need some rollers to be sure though.

Nice to meet you Ben and it sounds like you've got an interesting project planned for sure!

Stage 1s used to make 250hp back in the day. Stage 2 made 280hp.

Be careful with F'in tight and Holy schitt that's tight because it = Holy schitt I've just gone and f'cked my water pump, PAS pump and Alternator bearings.

You need more belt wrap. Always a weak spot with the VFE kits.

Lovely smooth curves with not too much torque low down to wreck the gearbox. Nicely done mate.

Only thing I'd do if it was mine is fit a GT35R to carry the torque past 6000rpm :)

Just what I was thinking. Impressive numbers, been in a Mk2 R32T with a GT35 and it just pulled and pulled. You guys should do a quick overview graph cars to see what mods make the difference. Numbers only is not the whole story.