Tempest

CCGB National Day 2014 - all the Details

It wouldn't start this morning. The starter motor was meeting some considerable resistance somewhere inside the engine and when it did manage to fire it only ran for about a second. A shame really, but I think this engine was crying out for a rebuild anyway.

Drat - sorry to hear it Neil. Hope you've got the pennies squirrelled away to think about doing the rebuild sooner rather than later, and hope the engine isn't too damaged whatever has happened to it!

Thanks for the words of sympathy, Jim :)

Rebuild or replace, I'll see how things go over the next couple of weeks.

Hope you get it sorted Neil. I think replacement would be the cheaper option, but then what could possibly need doing to that, it's a roll of the dice unfortunately. Hope to see you both back out in the Corrado at a show in the not too distant. :thumbleft:

Excellent day, thoroughly enjoyed seeing the very nice selection of Corrados, 3 G60s even :woohoo: , catching up with folk and meeting new folk, too (it's about the people, too B) ), and lots of noise and proper bass (rumble) from the stuff going up the run way B)

Sorry to hear about your engine issues, Neil, definitely not the sort of thing you want to round off a great Nats Day with :(

My small set of pics:

brunt1.jpg

brunt2.jpg

brunt3.jpg

brunt4.jpg

brunt5.jpg

brunt6.jpg

brunt7.jpg

brunt8.jpg

brunt9.jpg

brunt10.jpg

Tempest (Eric)

Just want to say thanks to the organisers for sorting this event, I've had a fantastic weekend.

So many great corrado's turned up and a big well done to Nick, his storm is truly exceptional and a worthy winner. Thanks to all those that voted for mine again.

Just got home. My VR is certifiably dead now. A bit early to tell what's wrong but I think an engine swap will be on the cards in the near future.

Chris, we left with your beers in our fridge :( Will see you right next time we meet!

Really gutted about your car Neil, it went so well down the runway on our first run and looked great as you struck that pigeon, it honestly looked like the picture you see when a plane breaks the sound barrier!

You can keep the beers, use them when stripping the VR down.

Cant believe I run my car down the runway but opportunities like that dont come along often so what the hel!! Did get a small battle scar in the way of 2 broken front indicators but never mind, 1 was cracked anyway.

heres a video of my sencond run, 140mph by the speedo then chickened out, it did have a bit more in her. My mates commentary is hilarious!

Very jealous of you guys who got to run down the runway.. I've had the pleasure of doing it quite a few years ago in my Corrado G60 and I still remember it very vividly :) Also impressed at you actually taking your car down there, Chris - I know it can be a bit punishing on cars as the surface isn't exactly fresh smooth tarmac.. kudos for braving it but as you say, chances like that don't come along every day.

143 Sean is that all ?? I'll show you how it should be done pasenger seat reserved for you for all the doubter's R32 power

143 Sean is that all ?? I'll show you how it should be done pasenger seat reserved for you for all the doubter's R32 power

Had a small amount left I think James, but quickly ran out of runway! The missus screaming at me "brake brake brake!" was funny though!

Have you got an R32 powered Corrado clumpy?

:o yes mate :dance:

Sean182

Respect to you matey not alot of people would have pushed it that far after having it in bit's :salute:

Edited by clumpy1

Damn... wish I could have done that! Especially next to Clumpy :norty:

btw Sean, I had a good look around your motor at the show - really is very nice and all of the hard work has paid off!

btw Sean, I had a good look around your motor at the show - really is very nice and all of the hard work has paid off!

I'm sure there will be an opportunity for you to spank me at some point Nick I'm rather intrigued to see how the old girl fair's too :D

Thanks Nick, means a lot when yourself and Chris make comments like this. When the bodywork has been done, I think I'll be able to hold my head up and be proud though. If there was a trophy for most amount of dents, I'd be a clear winner at the moment!

Didn't really get any pics as I only had the phone, and the missus was busy fulfilling her addiction to Facebook, but I do like this one. :smug:

DSC_0239_zpsvfgkmnih.jpg

Damn... wish I could have done that!

You will be on the limiter well before halfway down I would have thought. My od one used to go off the clock in a short space of road but it did have the 3.68FD. Im amazed at how composed the Corrado is at these speeds.

Well I for one would have been so worried about the old girl I don't know if I could push it that far , so fair play , it's nice to know they've still got in them . No wonder Matt calls me drivin miss daisy !

I had my G60 down there at a GPS verified 140MPH so reading a bit faster on the speedo... even if the car had more to give (which it did) I certainly didn't - was happy to back off by that point! :)

I've got the magazine feature somewhere - I'll have to dig it out for old times sake :)

I had my G60 down there at a GPS verified 140MPH so reading a bit faster on the speedo... even if the car had more to give (which it did) I certainly didn't - was happy to back off by that point! :)

I've got the magazine feature somewhere - I'll have to dig it out for old times sake :)

Impressive Jim, to say I wasn't even going to take mine down there I was happy at 140mph on the speedo, I think my arse is connected to my braking foot and when it twitched so did the brakes!

I think my arse is connected to my braking foot and when it twitched so did the brakes!

Twitchy sphincter time :)

Yep!

Well that 1 minute of fun has just cost £92 in the way of 2 new front indicators.....

I feel partly responsible for egging you on Chris. On the other hand I'm glad she got a good run! :o

You should have taken them out before the run chris it would have gave it a bit more cooling you might have went a little quicker :rolleyes: :thumbleft: I honestly didn't think you would have done this after meeting you at Coombe and one of your mates saying you drove it very cautiously. Good for you :thumbleft: