clumpy1

One of our own to be proud of.

Just having a browse on Ebay tonight and it seem's one of our own member's is blatantly trying to profit from inflated prices a bit sad really here is just a sample http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-corrado-front-seat-new-padding-bolster-535881377B-and-535881378B-/271363450754?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f2e85a782 Oh I had to add this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-LHD-Headlighsts-early-type-model-only-brand-new-/271360748495?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f2e5c6bcf Dear oh Dear.

Edited by clumpy1

What's the problem though- if it's stupidly overpriced then it won't sell and they've wasted their time and listing fee. If they are worth that then they are getting what the parts are worth- I guess you can't blame them for that.

It's all about how you view it mate (from an enthusiast's point of view and helping other's out) or just trying to profiteer I totally agree if someone is willing to pay that well it's up to them.£160 for late indicator's/fog's with one of the fog's with a big crack in it that's great value that is. Come on now.....

It's all about how you view it mate (from an enthusiast's point of view and helping other's out) or just trying to profiteer I totally agree if someone is willing to pay that well it's up to them.£160 for late indicator's/fog's with one of the fog's with a big crack in it that's great value that is. Come on now.....

I see your point but as the saying goes 'it's worth what someone will pay for it'.

Ye, £160 for cracked fogs is mental... If the headlights are brand new then I guess they might fetch a bit. How much are they from dealers (or are they obselete)?

I see your point but as the saying goes 'it's worth what someone will pay for it'.

Ye, £160 for cracked fogs is mental... If the headlights are brand new then I guess they might fetch a bit. How much are they from dealers (or are they obselete)?

Headlight's I believe are obsolete the late fog's in the frame's are also I think however you can get late indicator's.There are plenty of good people on this Forum but there are also those who given the chance will rip you off, I have learn't alot in the time i have been on here and I know myself who I would do business with no qualm's and the one's I would avoid like the plague..

It's a shame because new owners/members can get stung badly thinkin that some of these extortionate prices are the norm.

I agree with clumpy1 all the way! Why rip other Rado people off!, just agree a fair price and all are happy

It's not just about being ripped off. It say's at the top of the page in the classified's the thread's are to be open bhhh how many have been had over due to a load of pm'ing going on there seem's to be a lack of integrity. A bit sad really...

That's nothing Ray the lovely chap who made me start this thread was trying to sell Corrado posters not that long ago like they were genuine it was only when questioned about them did he say they were scanned repo's or something like that though there was no mention of this on Ebay.

Corrado parts prices are through the roof on eBay lately, sunroof switches up to £50! Sad really because so many cars will be getting broken up now for parts. Almost makes me consider buying a whole Corrado for spare parts as an insurance for the future...!

That is exactly what I done mate it just so happened that a Corrado very near me that had been stood for 5 year's came up on Ebay underneath the car was shot running gear wise but inside was like timewarp I actually felt bad ripping it to bit's it was so so original inside.

In all fairness bargains are out there to be had, it just takes time and a lot of research. Something people can't be arsed to do so they are happy paying a premium for an easy buy - and quite frankly I've bought and sold items this way. I've never took the micky like this guy though.

A good example is VR6 280mm brakes. They aren't worth much really £30-£50 maybe?; but G60 280mm go for £100+. People pay a premium for G60 brakes but little realise VR6 are identical bar the discs - but people still pay an extra £50+ for the G60's? Why? It's an easy buy and they can't be arsed to research. And the info is there, I've got bored of telling people.

£300+ for some LHD headlights is just taking the micky though! Thing is, eBay prices are laughable, they just never ever sell.

The 'enthusiasts' which **** me off are the ones who buy the last 10+ stock to either hoard for personal use or sell on for vast profit - it just makes fellow owners loose out for an individuals personal game.

Edited by P3rks

Corrado parts prices are through the roof on eBay lately, sunroof switches up to £50! Sad really because so many cars will be getting broken up now for parts. Almost makes me consider buying a whole Corrado for spare parts as an insurance for the future...!

Really? - I sell late (Mk3 Golf style ones) for £10.00 each normally.

Ian.

I have never sold Corrado bits on eBay but my general rule of thumb is I expect / hope prices will be fair and realistic on this forum, but that all bets are off on eBay. If people started listing things at those sorts of prices on here they'd get chased out of town by the pitchfork wielding mob anyway :)

clumpy1 "One of our own to be proud of" ??? What's that suppose to mean? These items are listed on Ebay web not here and it is down to me to set the price and down to the buyers to buy or negotiate the price?

These items are listed internationally so they shows on the other Ebays to and the prices in different countries may very. Any way I do not need to justify my self my Ebay feedback does.

But thanks any way for your attempt to ruin my reputation here.

Dear Dear

Happy New Year to you

If you feel you don't have to justify yourself why are you replying ???

Just my thoughts but I think we need some perspective here, I appreciate those particular prices on ebay seem pretty high, however, people seem prepared to pay it. When he only recently sold the roof mouldings within minutes for £210 the other week on this very forum, people were jumping at the bit to buy them including your good self clumpy. There wasn't to much complaining then about the price for the roof strips for what is basically two strips of plastic. Like yourself his profile would suggest he has donated to the forum in the past and I notice that he also has numerous other corrado parts on ebay for sale at pretty reasonable levels.

Furthermore, from his previous posts on this forum, he has responded to numerous members who have posted up parts wanted ads and again his prices seem reasonable.

Maybe a bit harsh to call into question his integrity and to suggest he is trying to rip people off based on the ebay listings you have highlighted and the fact he tried to sell a repro poster. His previous track record from his posts would suggest he has provided some good parts to forum members.

Doing a search using the part numbers for the seat bolsters in the ebay listing, new bolsters are being sold at 94 USD each on US websites so his don't seem too exorbitant taking into account exchange rates and shipping costs etc from the US. The cost of the headlights also seem comparable with the cost of new complete LHD headlight units being sold in the US and elsewhere. So again perhaps a bit harsh to suggest he is blatantly trying to rip people off.

Clearly he has access to some pretty decent new and in some cases obsolete parts and for me it would be a shame if he didn't now use the forum so we can perhaps have the opportunity to have a look first prior to them going on ebay etc. I am sure there are better ways to let him know that you consider his prices to be high rather than go down this route.

Maybe the price of obselete parts and rare parts should go up! May be it will help to raise the price of the corrado from the dire state its in at the moment, There are much lesser cars of this era that are raising in value but the Raddo seems to be bargain bucket still!

Maybe the price of obselete parts and rare parts should go up! May be it will help to raise the price of the corrado from the dire state its in at the moment, There are much lesser cars of this era that are raising in value but the Raddo seems to be bargain bucket still!

This would just lead to more corrados being broken.

This would just lead to more corrados being broken.

plenty have been broken on here by long term enthusiasts with very little complaint

plenty have been broken on here by long term enthusiasts with very little complaint

Increasing the prices of rare parts wont increase the value of rados. It will just entice more people to break. Thats the point I'm trying to make.