volksworld13

Group buy feeler door membranes

I have just replaced the door membranes on my nugget g60, just wondered if anyone is keen if I initiate a group buy.

Replacement membranes, and high quality butyl to the existing templates.

Just a feeler if those are keen.

As if by magic just been looking at replacing mine as i had a damp drivers carpet the otherday and knowing that its not heatermatrix/leak from windscreen it must be the door card membrane. With mine being a late car is the membrane just going to need holes for the wires in different areas than your G60?

Price delivered and im in?

Cheers

Jon

Hi jon, I'm going to do my storm this weekend, so I will make a template up, and make it to a late spec membrane, will look into prices and let you know.regards alex

Haha yeah, i presume your putting the clips for the bottom of the door card on top of the membrane like the original membrane?

I am interested depending on price. Will it be a plain membrane, So you cut the holes you require? It might be a silly question but I am new to corrado's, is there a difference between late and early spec membranes? Apart from electric window switches?

Thanks Sean

Yes the clips go over the top of the membrane, I suppose Id be saving time to make them up, the butyl is exactly like the vw stuff, and believe me when I say once you've properly pushed it down it's down.

Will keep you updated.

Depending on price, I might be interested in a set for a late spec VR. What are you using to stick them on? Is it some kind of tape?

It's butyl the same stuff vw used it's a thick adhesive similar consistency to blue tak but more sticky , the original butyl would of lost it's stickiness and membranes are often damaged or ripped allowing rain water to enter into the footwells.

Do them yourself mate it's not hard ;)

Agree with Mr Clumpy. I've just done mine. Got some quality plastic membrane. and some butyl from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Butyl-Tape-Strip-Bolt-On-Panel-Sealer-Bonding-Vans-Cars-Roof-Fish-Pond-Liner-Pro-/221225330252?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item33820ea64c

Edited by Ray1965

You haven't got to use plastic membrane,

Dynamat is watertight,easily trim able,and comes with its own sticky attached,and offers better sound insulation then a thin plastic sheet !

You haven't got to use plastic membrane,

Dynamat is watertight,easily trim able,and comes with its own sticky attached,and offers better sound insulation then a thin plastic sheet !

If you need to get access to the window mech how would you go about this? Can the dynamat be removed and then stuck on again?

If you need to get access to the window mech how would you go about this? Can the dynamat be removed and then stuck on again?

Good point Hasan (not saying your's is a bad idea Dragon)

Hi,

Will these be cut to fit with the proper shaped bit for speaker cones? We replaced one side with a DIY job, but it's difficult to get the shape right where the membrane isn't flat.

cheers,

Em