Joerrado

Where can I get a BMC CDA?

It's just a quick one really. I'm in the process of putting my vr6 back in and am looking at air filters/induction kits/intakes. The BMC CDA is looking like a possible winner, I'm just struggling to find a supplier.

Can someone tell me the best place to get one please?

Ive recently had one put on mine whilst it was at Stealth - you could try giving Vince a call & asking where he gets them

PS my god it makes the VR sound awesome!!!!!

does it really? as oppose to the standard box or vs say a k&n cone? would be interested in one myself

Just taken mine off and put the standard airbox on with a K&N panel filter and its like a different car, so quiet.

I don't think the BMC is any louder than the K&N - but I think because of the design of it, you're less likely to be sucking in warm air from the engine bay and are therefore likely to get slightly better power figures.

Just taken mine off and put the standard airbox on with a K&N panel filter and its like a different car, so quiet.

Not looking to sell on the BMC are you Jim?

Mine did have a K&N cone on it when I took it out but it's looking quite old and battered. Putting a lower mileage engine back in and just looking for the best replacement. Been reading about the warm air affecting the cone filter...

Other option seems to be the Pipercross Viper

Thanks, I'll speak to Stealth. Now to look at all the other bits I need/want. Prepare for a barrage of stupid questions.

Was a lad selling one on the vr6oc Calico I think his name is , not sure if he has sold it yet though

Sorry just looked and it's sold , could post a wanted thread on here and vr6oc though I got one quickly doing that

If you take the snorkel out of the standard airbox you have yourself an OEM CDA. It sounds awesome and won't affect your insurance.

Not looking to sell on the BMC are you Jim?

I'm not sure yet. Having lots of thoughts about what to do with the car. Does feel slower now I've taken it off. But also got some engine issues. Which is why I took it off. Just to eliminate it and the maf.

Will probably keep it for now in case I feel like being noisy.

Some guy on the corsa forum took his airbox off and fitted one of his sports socks in its place. It got sucked into the throttle body.

Some guy on the corsa forum took his airbox off and fitted one of his sports socks in its place. It got sucked into the throttle body.

Why am I not surprised by what Corsa drivers do. :rolleyes:

Just got my bmc from stealth about a week ago. Can't fault it, sounds fantastic. Only down side they have gone up in price £220 posted but does come with the extra hose needed from Vince @ stealth.

Do you have a link? I could do with a laugh

What an amateur, I use stockings every time.

If you take the snorkel out of the standard airbox you have yourself an OEM CDA. It sounds awesome and won't affect your insurance.

IIRC does removing said snorkel not have a detrimental effect on the way the air flow is designed to move through the standard air box?

Do you have a link? I could do with a laugh

i don't i'm afraid, it was nearly 10yrs back now. Was a nova he had been working on and was taking it for an MOT iirc