VR6 Lee

Terraclean

Emu, are you saying they have tested Terraclean specifically or other systems?

They tested terraclean and other systems and they made their own which is being changed all the time to find better improvements. As far as I know they were asked to provide official report of available engine cleaners on the market including the ones you can buy in a bottle at petrol stations which are almost not giving anything.

Of course it's all about in how bad condition is your engine. Results will be better for engines in very poor conditions.

All I was told, the most important thing is ability to test the car at exactly same conditions before and after the test. As Kevin said, colder air in inlet after cleaning will give better power gains that hotter air before cleaning. It is why results from same dyno at different times will vary. They testing everything in laboratory conditions.

He confirmed that this systems cleans engines but gains in power due to cleaner engines are very small. He did confirmed that exhaust emission after cleaning is not significant better unless engine was in very bad condition. He confirmed that terraclean and most of the systems they tested does the job of cleaning engine but cleaner engine doesn't make huge improvements in the power gains, at least not as much as you shown in your graphs.

One more thing worth mentioning.

As he said most of the cars they tested have no more than 1-3% power loos from stated power by the factory. But, in other way, none of those tested cars never been on rolling rods right after leaving factory so they really don't know what was the actual power.

This an ongoing test for the last few years. I know they bought 3 brand new cars some time ago, put them on rollers to check performance and they will run them till 60k miles in different road conditions and they will do tests. I was told one car is driving in town on short journeys only, second has mix conditions of motorways and town and third spends 90% of its time on motorways. It will be good waiting time till they go up to 60k milles, especially the one driving in town centre only.

I'd be interested to read the results of the testing carried out if you have a link Emu?

As I said earlier, happy to carry out a TerraClean service free of charge to a VR owner, as long as they are prepared to get before and after emissions test done for comparison at a garage of their choice. Can't do much more than that.

I'd be interested to read the results of the testing carried out

Me too but it's ongoing think and no idea how many more years it will take. I will try to find out if he can give me a results from terraclean only but at the moment he's not really able to say anything in public yet about they research.

Show me a dead cat

Meet Floyd

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78774[/ATTACH]

Okay, he's only pretending but best I could manage

Meet Floyd

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78774[/ATTACH]

Okay, he's only pretending but best I could manage

Pretty convincing

Pretty convincing

What an awful mistake, he was never going to purr nicely after a dose of terraclean...

I think it is the discussion of the month, most of the forums I frequent have this discussion going on somewhere. Similar story, nobody is particulary convinced.

I've had a wild and varied selection of cars over the past 50 years and used, or friends have used some weird an wacky cures and cleaners and performance enhancing potions (on the cars I hasten to add) I don't think any of them have had any real effect other than as Kev says as a placebo effect. The only thing I found to be remotely effective was a drip feed Redex system which, controlled from inside the car fed a miniscule amount od Redex into the engine. It "seemed" to stop build up on the back of valves and carbon build up on the pistons. More to maintain performance than improve it really.

Assuming Terraclean really does clean all these deposits internally I can see it improving performance if it is used in a badly clogged up engine by removing restrictions to air and fuel flows.

Otherwise you could just shout "Prawns", brings Floyd back to life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78775[/ATTACH]

Like some others have said I don't think a "correctly maintained and functioning" modern fuel injected car will have levels of carbon build up that will cause a noticeable drop off in performance.

Carbon build up has always been a characteristic of carburettor fueled cars and not really an issue with correctly functioning fuel injected cars.

So in my opinion, for a "modern" fuel injected car, the best thing to do is maintain your car correctly to maintain its performance.

I don't believe that a cleaning agent, under pressure or not, will remove carbon deposits in the same way as a thorough strip and decoke does.

So if you have got large amounts of carbon build up, strip the engine to remove it and fix the problem that's causing it.

That's what I would do, but then again, I'm old school.

Edited by DriverVR6

You're all doing it wrong, it's a dead exhaust cat that proof was needed of, so here you go.

IMG_2954_zps4a97bab4.jpg

It's all a load of marketing bollocks, the cars they have been tested on were on 'cold start' so the co and hc's emissions are going to be up. Take ANY car to an mot station test it, then thrash it down the road for 10 mins and it will be as clean as a whistle. I've been a mechanic for 20yrs and Fortron had the same thing years ago, all it was is just a fancy injector cleaner.

So if you have a faulty injector you will see a 15-20bhp gain after the clean.

I think the videos explain what the process consists if quite clearly, but some people like to know how and why things happen.

As I said, results can be readily verified with a before and after emissions test. Not opinion, not placebo effect, just cold, hard fact

I didn't watch the videos as I was at work.

The only fact is it might work on some really old and neglected engines but on the majority of looked after vehicles, it will do bugger all.

It's all a load of marketing bollocks, the cars they have been tested on were on 'cold start' so the co and hc's emissions are going to be up. Take ANY car to an mot station test it, then thrash it down the road for 10 mins and it will be as clean as a whistle. I've been a mechanic for 20yrs and Fortron had the same thing years ago, all it was is just a fancy injector cleaner.

So if you have a faulty injector you will see a 15-20bhp gain after the clean.

Exactly. Why do Marketing people think we're stupid?

Exactly. Why do Marketing people think we're stupid?

I don't care, I've just won the Nigerian Lottery without even entering!

Are they going to pay your winnings via PayPal, or send a cousin in the UK over to setup an escrow account for you, in the name of his Granddad in Uganda?