welshlad73

Corrado prices are on the up!!!

Or you could buy ChrisL's immaculate blackberry VR6 for £2,000 less than that and with only 62k (64k?) on the clock. I know where my money would be going.

Honestly I don't see anybody paying that kind of money for Corrado

The £9K one I can see someone haggling down to £7.5 to £8k if they really want a valver. The £15K one will be for sale for ages.

I saw the same dealer greed when I was looking for E34 M5s. They were averaging £7K for minters, but then you'd see one for double that on a dealer site, which was for sale for years.

It's gonna be interesting to see what happens to Corrado prices over the next few years as even the youngest cars are fast approaching 20 years old now, time flies! Hopefully depreciation will slow right down and nice condition cars start appreciating in value.

There's just a resurgence in interest in older VWs at the moment. The same price ballooning is happening to MK4 R32s and MK2s etc etc. Corrados are no exception.

It'll pass and prices will drop back down to where they usually sit.

I think the only cars that will struggle will be the modified ones with mods that can't be reversed or tatty high milers. I'm sure the rest of them will creep up gradually. I doubt they will ever really be worth anything apart from the few low mileage minters.

I always notice a slight rise in price this time of year , people visit a few shows see a few old vw's they like and go home and start searching the internet for a new purchase and I'm sure people selling up know this aswell and up the price slightly , it's a bit like selling a soft top in summer compared to winter

Or you could buy ChrisL's immaculate blackberry VR6 for £2,000 less than that and with only 62k (64k?) on the clock. I know where my money would be going.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car but I wish this had come up three months ago. Colour wasn't any kind of priority for me, I've wanted a C so long I didn't care but Blackberry is my favourite and this would have been just perfect :)

Some well known forum cars are going for good money. It's good to see some folks being rewarded for their time and dedication:)

Agreed. Some amazing examples in the last couple of months from the forum. It's a shame, these members are the pillars of this community and all very knowledgeable chaps. Hopefully they remain around, and I prey their cars don't get lost amongst the e38 lot or none at all, and rarely if ever seen around here ever again. I know the baton needs to be passed on sometimes, and ownership will run its course with everyone, but a shame all the same.

I just wish all the good ones would stop going up for sale. I'll never sell mine now !!!!! Hahaha

This was for sale, for half the price only a couple of months back. Clearly a dealer bought it, and stuck it up for double the price. Part of me wants to seethe but part of me thinks these crazy prices will only help to start push up the values for everyone else so it has to be a good thing. I think? :)

There's a 30k mile 1991 Tornado red G60 for sale on CarandClassic.co.uk for 10 grand...

Located in the South West. Looks v tidy and seems a bargain compared to the one still up for sale for best part of 15k... I know the pricing topic has been fully debated on other threads recently but really?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C512572#

Seeing an high level of Corrados being broken at the moment too. Doesn't appear to be much hesitation in taking a G60 and using them for a doner for a conversion. I think with that in mind, and considering most are 20 year old now, values will always keep creeping up. I'll not be selling mine until it's perfect.

Quite surprised by the higher price of some recent cars. Pleasantly surprised though.

I dont understand why people want to break the g60's, early years people didnt like the g60 because of the

'reliablity and service schedules'. Now people are wrecking some very rare cars. I dont mind really, as mine will be worth a few bob in a couple of years. I dont plan on selling mine, i've owned it 11 years in February!

Edited by welshlad73

Are these recent asking prices unreasonable? I would argue not:

1. There is no doubt some negotiation room and perhaps a part exchange deal to be had.

2. The prices of other classic cars are on the rise. You could easily pay £10k for low mileage MGB and there are thousands of these on the road.

3. Restoration costs are very high. £4k to £5k for a decent respray. Engine refurbishment and mechanical works are not cheap and what happens if you need a gutter trim for the roof.

It's a real shame when you see a really good example being broken, but it's sad to say the cars are worth more in parts than selling the car as a whole, it's the same with mk2 golfs etc..... I always keep an eye on values and I would say they are on the increase slowly which is great news for us that ready have a good car :dance: the dealers prices are always way over the top and I would tend to stay away from them because I don't trust them myself. I would rather buy from another enthusiast who has loved and cherished the car. My G60 is used every day, but I do wonder if I am better getting another car for commutes to work and using the Corrado at the weekends.