VAG-hag

GB feelier: slim fan brackets

Mine are also wired into the original connector with spades, plus a bridge to speed 2 in case it doesnt trip in on speed 1. That said, there is no speed control, its full speed as soon as it comes on at 84C!

I'd like to try the diodes approach so its not going at max speed all the time, plus as i have two 11" fans i'll probably swop one out and replace it with a 9" to use these nice spangly brackets!

As you can see in the pics below, the 2 blacks go into the same spade, the blue go into one each and then are bridged into the 4th spade. I've not looked into which pin each one needs to go into yet but I assumed it was the same as Hasan has explained above.

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

I wonder if theree is a way we an order the fan plug and use that instead of the spades to make a standard looking plug that will be sealed from the elements

Not really, the plug on the fans is moulded into the casing of the motor.

I was thinking about buying a conector but it would mean cutting the original off, not that I'm ever likely to want to fit standard fans again I suppose.

Don't forget about me Chris! I'd like 2 sets please

I hadn't forgot!! Pm'd

Autosparks do a range of plugs that may fit or could be made to look OEM

i think you can de-pin the spades from the connector. My plan it to remove them and find two housings to use to connect them properly. As a temporary solution, after depinning you could just use some silicon boots on each spade and seal the smaller ends with sealant, or indeed use the rubber grommet on the base of the spade as a seal.

You can hasan, thats what I did over the weekend. This way I can add spades then covers them in heat shrink.

thanks for the pics chris

arrived today, very well packed, not had a chance to open them yet, but thanks very much for sorting this out.

I'll have an 11" spal fan for sale soon if anyone wants it or wants a swop for a 9".

Hi, have I missed the boat on these? Are there any left?

Thanks,

Tony

Hi tony, they have all gone but I'm going to try and get a few more done soon.

I'll let you know.

arrived today, very well packed, not had a chance to open them yet, but thanks very much for sorting this out.

I'll have an 11" spal fan for sale soon if anyone wants it or wants a swop for a 9".

Cheers Hasan.

Sorted the special brackets today with chris so all sorted.

Details on the 11" fan please mate. Used/ unused, how old if used, price etc :)

Hi tony, they have all gone but I'm going to try and get a few more done soon.

I'll let you know.

That would be absolutely marvellous. Many thanks, Chris!

Boo buy new ones !! (Sorry fla ) your all spoiling the group buy lol you all need shiney new ones out the boxes

oops, forgot about that....well you can always swop me a 9" fan for an 11"!!!

Yea think Chris rang around somewhere earlier on in this thread but didn't get much discount. Either way I'm after a 9" and a 11" fan so I'll be on the lookout fairly soon

If theres going to be a group buy on fans ill be interested.

Really confused looking at it as the 9" in the link have sold out and I want to make sure I get the right ones 😃