VAG-hag

GB feelier: slim fan brackets

Sorry Hasan, I meant to get back to you, the brackets are for 11" and 9" i believe (the ones in the links in this thread). Two 11" fans would not fit on the radiator unfortunately but people tell me the 11" and 9" are more then enough for the corrado.

No problem, if its ok in terms of availability I'll take a set and probably get a 9" fan as a replacement.

I do indeed, car won't be seeing light of day until next year so radiator is out of car

Any chance I could pop up to see you with a set and try against the radiator please? I'm free Thursday night.

Yea sure, need to head to my car to grab a plug for fla so I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You still got my number?

No problem, if its ok in terms of availability I'll take a set and probably get a 9" fan as a replacement.

Thats fine Hasan, I should have the cost for the bracketes shortly.

Yea sure, need to head to my car to grab a plug for fla so I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You still got my number?

No I dont, can you PM me please.

Yeah, VAGHAG's special brackets needed a bit of fettling so these will be done for next week hopefully.

Yes, more then happy to post a set of brackets, I'll put the price on including postage.

Right guys, price for the brackets will be £23 posted if thats OK?

I have 10 sets available at the moment but can always get more made if needed.

Mmm reading on it may be that diodes are not needed.... anybody know if we can simply bridge the 3 lives from car end with the 2 from the fan side without starting fires?

Yes you can. The cables are only fed one at a time with 12v. The different thicknesses of the wire are to do with potential current that the fan would draw. Slim lines only draw 8 or 9 amps in comparison to the 40 the stock fans draws.

So these will be sn easy fit then no hard wiring ? Fookin hate fiddly little wires , those brackets are sexy aswell i cant wait to touch mine haaa

They fit very well matt, chris popped round to try them and they are a nice fit. Need to buy some fans now!

Thanks Mate.

PM'd those who put their names on the list. If I have any left I'll put them in the for sale section.

Brackets will come with the fasteners for the brackets to radiator and fan to brackets.

Cheers

Mine are wired into the original fan connecter

Jon, any pics or description how you went about this? Fasteners used etc

I bought a rad with slim line fans and one of these brackets off the forum, it was wired into the original fan connector too, I believe by D&G. I've not wired it up properly yet but I'm pretty sure it's just spade connectors that push into the original plug, I can check tonight if anyone is interested :)