VAG-hag

GB feelier: slim fan brackets

Am I right in thinking that these are no longer available from dg? Really keen to get hold of some.....

Edited by VAG-hag

Adrian metal man doesnt have a lazer Matty..... :(

If Dave or Graham are not going to recreate I may ask for the drawings.

If someone has a set for a template I have access to CAD, loads of 316L stainless steel and a laser profiler.

I'd be happy to sort some out.

I've just drawn the brackets up in CAD (well inventor), just wanting to double check the fitment before anything is made properly. I've designed them based on a 9" and 11" fan which I presume is what most people go for?

Crazy Dave himself had 11 and 6 inch fans so that he had extra clearance for his short runner intake. Just shows that those 2 sizes could keep a vr6t cool so anything above that can only be a good thing!

the set I have borrowed are for 9"/11" & are the ones I had in mind. I believe Dave made the 11/6 ones as a one off for his short runner, as you say Sean. I am sure that 9/11 setup using spal or similar will be more than sufficient!

So Chris L & Swiftkid, whats the chances of recreating - very excited by this!!

If I can get a copy of the drawing I can get some profiled. 316L stainless so never rust!!

These are the "very basic" drawings I sent to SwiftKid a week or 2 ago for him to have a base for his drawings. I'll add them here incase anyone else finds them useful. They are based on the OEM supply Denso Marston Radiators and the Revotec Fan I have. Other fans and radiators probably won't work the same.

basicradiatormeasurements_zps889f3f54.png

Swiftkid, if I get permission to send the set I have borrowed to you to draw up or Chris do you know a guy who can draw them from an original?

Chris, If you can send me them I can draw them up, alternatively lay them on paper and trace them and post me that.

I bought one of the sets of brackets from Crazydave, have them sat at home, i also do CAD so could draw them up if required. I've been too busy doing other bits to sort out any fans yet.

I bought one of the sets of brackets from Crazydave, have them sat at home, i also do CAD so could draw them up if required. I've been too busy doing other bits to sort out any fans yet.

Can you email me the cad file Jim and I'll get some profiled?

i have two 11" fans on mine so perhaps you could do one based on that as an option as well?

If Chris or anyone else is wanting to make them and there is a demand I'm happy to draw them up, revotec have dimensions on their website I have used for the brackets. My radiator is out at the moment so I'll get some more dimensions tomorrow.

Like I said, I've got them drawn up but I want to check they are correct size before I send the drawing out. It will be in any format you want, it's drawn in 3d so ipt, dwg, dxf etc

Edited by swiftkid

I can get some made, there may be a small lasering charge depending on how many want them but the material will be free. A dwg file will be fine for me.

I can get some made, there may be a small lasering charge depending on how many want them but the material will be free. A dwg file will be fine for me.

Chris that's very kind of you, i would be interested in one if you manage to go ahead with this.

Chris (VagHag) is sending me the templates so I can get them drawn up and a set lasered.

If anyone wants any they could put their name on here and I can get more sorted.