robrado974

Wheeler dealer prices [Audi Quattro]

I watched the Quattro programe yesterday . Not only has this unlocked a big longing for this car that i thought i had buried in the back of my mind . But how on earth did he find the car for 3k or3.5 i cant remember now . The car was in good condition and yes work was needed ,but not that much . As far as i know it was aired in 2013 so only last year , he sold it for 6k . Christ i would have ripped his arm off at that price . I was looking for one seven years ago ,but could not afford one .Then when Robbie r32 took me out in the corrado i was hooked and bought the VR. Watching this has really made me want one again , not many on pistonheads though .

Rob

Noooooooo!!!! Don't do it! Although tbf Rob, a good one would possibly tear me away if the opportunity presented itself! :shrug:

Not sure I'd go looking though.............

I really want one Sean ,always have . Ive had the VR for seven years now , maybe just maybe time to move on .Its the only car i would want and make me part with the Corrado . Having said that even then i think they would have to sedate me , while the new owner drove away !.Also its finding a reasonable one for the right dough .

They are a totally different drive Rob if you like the almost go-cart handling of the Corrado you may not like the big quattro like I said it is totally different.

I used to have the NA 5 Cylinder KV Audi Coupe Quattro from the same era, 1987 - not the turbo but the same body shape as the Ur and with the quattro drivetrain, and absolutely loved it and it was a hoot to drive, especially in rain or snow - but definitely a cruiser. That 5 pot sound is awesome. It met a sad end as a track car after it was damaged badly by vandals and thieves before I could fully restore it.

It was first aired on 21/5/09. Series 6 episode 6. I have every episode on my recordings, including on the road, and trading up. Also Fast N loud, Car SOS, and Classic Car Rescue. Yes I know.......................:ubergeek:

It was first aired on 21/5/09. Series 6 episode 6. I have every episode on my recordings, including on the road, and trading up. Also Fast N loud, Car SOS, and Classic Car Rescue. Yes I know.......................:ubergeek:

Can't fault you!!!

And if lack of parts availability drives you crazy on the Corrado, then the quattro isn't the car for you..

All points of view taken onboard chaps thankyou . Obviously i would not jump in at the deep end and just go and buy one , research has to be done . I stand corrected on the date of the programe .Having said that its still cheap for that car .Ive got stuff to do to my car first to get it to where i want it to be . If i made the decision to sell i would want the car to be tip top and not need anything doing to it . Pipe dream for a Quattro ? who knows .

Didn't want to try and ruin a dream - god knows I aspire to own all sorts of stupid stuff ;) My comment was based on a discussion I had with a guy on PistonHeads a few months back after I moaned about it being really hard to get Corrado parts. He said it was a terrible situation for the Audi Quattro. I came back to him saying I couldn't believe that given how iconic the car is, and how Audi like to bring it out at any opportunity in order to sell more modern machinery, but apparently they're a total nightmare to get spares for! So it seems VAG generally are just terrible in this respect :(

And on that note it has taken my mate getting on for three years trying to find a chassis leg for a Calibre he is restoring but yesterday he got one from Holland £150 he was dancing about like a right idiot I let him enjoy his moment well for a minute or two then let him know how stupid he looked :p He saw the funny side in the end

I know what you are saying Jim . And you are right, the whole Vag parts situation sucks . They said on the programe that it was hard to get the parts . Its been said a million times before , but its so true , why are Vag so bad with the parts situation , they should be proud that their 1980's and 90s cars are still going strong and turn peoples heads when out on the road .

And on that note it has taken my mate getting on for three years trying to find a chassis leg for a Calibre he is restoring but yesterday he got one from Holland £150 he was dancing about like a right idiot I let him enjoy his moment well for a minute or two then let him know how stupid he looked :p He saw the funny side in the end

Im the same when ive finaly found a part ive been looking for lol

Im the same when ive finaly found a part ive been looking for lol

So are we all I just like winding my mate up he's alway's at it regarding the Corrado so "what goes around comes around" it's all in good jest

Sean, where do you have all this recored, there are a few episodes I've missed.

Rog.

On the Virgin box unfortunately Rog. I series linked them all to ensure I didnt miss any! I always watch old Wheeler dealer and Car SOS episodes, but tbh, I don't bother with the others. Just habit with keeping those ones.

Agreed James, I do have a few favourites that I watch quite often. That said, I also have a few I never watch.....Bond Bug and Subaru Impreza for example. :rolleyes:

Totally those two you have mentioned are very low in my estimation's Sean Very Low. Like watching the earlier one's and seeing how much Mike and edd have changed soo much over a 10-15 year period. Edd looked like a raver in the Saab 900T episode quite amusing looking at him now with his Grey quiff :silly:

I'm sure I saw one the other day when a 2cv sold for 10k ?! . Ten large for Dolly ? I almost chocked on me coffee .

For those wanting to watch a bit of Wheeler Dealers, have a look on YouTube - there's loads of full episodes on there :)

For those wanting to watch a bit of Wheeler Dealers, have a look on YouTube - there's loads of full episodes on there :)

That's what I do Jim search on phone pair to tv and watch