BILLCOR

New Car Ordered

When i was about 18yrs old, around 1999-2000, i watched a thing and said to invest any spare money in gold. Wish i had done that, but didn't have much spare money at that age.

I think buying a house made of gold and renting it out would be the best thing to do.

Billcor, you're a bad influence. I've just changed jobs and decided neither the Corrado or 911 are happy doing a 12 mile commute to Woking that takes 40mins due to heavy traffic. Hence I've bought a 3rd car. Was going to get a Mk5 Golf GTi but then found for the same money I could get a Mk6 Golf TSi GT. It's got 160hp so it's nippy enough and fingers crossed far more economical.

Glad to help....... spend your money :thumbleft:

Got the car on Tuesday - lovely machine! Devastatingly quick when needed, but will putter about quite the thing, currently averaging 32mpg but expecting to improve. Handling is great, sticks like glue. Partner loves it, which is good, but I'm still quite content with the Rado for the time being - it's never a hardship getting bck into it. Just need to get the rear bushes done, check why I've lost PAS fluid, sort the sill and maybe get a respray :)

Agreed with a few others: the mk7 golf is the only one that looks like a car I'd like to own.

Which is why I bought the 1.4 TSi 122 Estate in Pacific Blue for the missus!

Got the car on Tuesday - lovely machine! Devastatingly quick when needed, but will putter about quite the thing, currently averaging 32mpg but expecting to improve. Handling is great, sticks like glue. Partner loves it, which is good, but I'm still quite content with the Rado for the time being - it's never a hardship getting bck into it. Just need to get the rear bushes done, check why I've lost PAS fluid, sort the sill and maybe get a respray :)

Quite a fleet you've got there! Without getting into nerdy unobtainium VAGs like G60 Limiteds and Quattro Sports, you've arguably got the cream of the VAG crop there: RS4, Corrado & an MK7 R.

You'll love the MK7, I have a GTd and it is immense. Practical and no fuss when doing shopping with kids but let it loose on a country road and it's a beast! Handling is superb :) and steering feel in sport mode is excellent.

How you getting on with the R Jamie?

I've eventually got some info from VW, build week 45, so around 5-6 weeks from now, then another 3-4 for it to arrive at my dealership.

So should hopefully be driving it by Christmas :cool:

Isn't it just. Also some mental deals on the Focus ST as well lately.

Once it's built, it doesn't take long to get to the dealers, we were delayed by a week because of the paper work, if you can get that all arranged well in advance, should get the car to you quicker.

It's a great machine, we've averaged 32mpg over the last 3000miles...yes, I did say 3000miles in 1 month...need to calm down a bit with that!

It's fairly easy to get 38mpg taking it easy, took it a 'proper# drive from Dunoon to Inveraray and back, and couldn't get below 20mpg...which was quite amazing! It's a nose heavy car, if you're gunning through corners, it's fine, but if you are only going semi faster, it def errs towards understeer - if I could sort the Haldex bias out it might help, but being a lease car and all that...

All said and done, no regrets, perfect Q car - your granny could happily drive it!

How you getting on with the R Jamie?

I've eventually got some info from VW, build week 45, so around 5-6 weeks from now, then another 3-4 for it to arrive at my dealership.

So should hopefully be driving it by Christmas :cool:

Thanks for posting up that link, I had missed the really cheap deals last time round, but I called my dealership today and gave them a bit of grief, you have just saved me £50 a month :thumbleft:

Edited by BILLCOR

Once it's built, it doesn't take long to get to the dealers, we were delayed by a week because of the paper work, if you can get that all arranged well in advance, should get the car to you quicker.

It's a great machine, we've averaged 32mpg over the last 3000miles...yes, I did say 3000miles in 1 month...need to calm down a bit with that!

It's fairly easy to get 38mpg taking it easy, took it a 'proper# drive from Dunoon to Inveraray and back, and couldn't get below 20mpg...which was quite amazing! It's a nose heavy car, if you're gunning through corners, it's fine, but if you are only going semi faster, it def errs towards understeer - if I could sort the Haldex bias out it might help, but being a lease car and all that...

All said and done, no regrets, perfect Q car - your granny could happily drive it!

Yeah, hoping it wont take too long to arrive at the dealers.

Averaging 32mpg is pretty good, that'll keep the wife happy at least as she's the one that puts most of the fuel in the car, I have two vans to deal with.

3k miles already! looks like your gonna be paying a bit extra when handing it back.

Surprised its nose heavy though with it being just a 4 pot, didn't really feel that way when we were out on the test drive:shrug:

I hate my neighbour! Doing the school run this morning with him and tells me he's ordered his wife a Golf R on a lease plan deal. Spotted the deal on Central uk vehicle leasing site with the Golf R starting at £178 on personal terms. He's took this deal to VW and the're going to match it! Very tempting!

I hate my neighbour! Doing the school run this morning with him and tells me he's ordered his wife a Golf R on a lease plan deal. Spotted the deal on Central uk vehicle leasing site with the Golf R starting at £178 on personal terms. He's took this deal to VW and the're going to match it! Very tempting!

it is.... but I went for the bmw 4 series coupe m sport.

Its a cheap monthly payment, but the downside of that is the initial outlay is over £2k + vat

http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/vehicle/choose_your_lease/63193/volkswagen/golf/20_tsi_r_5dr.html

With the deposit and the monthly payments they should almost cover the depreciation over the two years, but there is gonna be a $hitt load of these for sale in the next 2 or 3 years, so much so, I doubt they are gonna hold their price that well, unlike the MK6 R's

Its a cheap monthly payment, but the downside of that is the initial outlay is over £2k + vat

http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/vehicle/choose_your_lease/63193/volkswagen/golf/20_tsi_r_5dr.html

And 5 door, and 10K miles PA.

The nose heaviness feeling I suspect is the rear axle pushing the car on, if you give it some gas on the apex.