clumpy1

Bilstein B12 suspension kit for VR6 - No Longer Available

Bilstein B12 suspension kit for VR6

Ok folk's was intending on fitting this on the Corrado but plan's change so these are up for grab's. Please don't let the 550 price put you off if you have something good/nice Corrado related you have to use in px let me know. I am looking back for what I paid plus these will cost you 650 new so still a saving on new price.

List Date: 8/4/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Bilstein B12 suspension kit for VR6

--------------------------------------

This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

Mobile friendly version: Bilstein B12 suspension kit for VR6

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Edited by clumpy1

£550 shouldn't put anyone off for a quality kit like this. It's a steal! If I still had a Corrado, I'd buy these immediately!

I fitted this kit a few weeks back and agree with Bacon, very good all round kit and not a bit harsh.

The photo was taken a few days ago.

I've been looking at the B12 kits for a while, they sound like a nice balanced setup!

Are they the pro or sportline kit?

Do you have the part number? There are 2 different part numbers I believe.

It's the pro kit with the Eibach springs. I'll post the part no and pics after work.

Cheers

Ok Dan here are some pics I've included pics of the part no's on the boxes too. First pic is the spring's Pro-kit/Sportline and the spring's are Black which on the box is the Pro-kit.ny2etusa.jpg Part no. 3aguhavy.jpg Next is the front struts 7e5emuqa.jpg Part no. 4ejaqu8y.jpg And on the strut u7ybunus.jpg Rear struts 4yzuruza.jpg Part no. duzede3a.jpg The strut with mounting kit najynaby.jpg and finally all bits together ugaza4ej.jpg

Cheers.

Edited by clumpy1

Thanks, unfortunately it looks like it isn't for the later plus-suspension setup so I will pass.

I'm surprised someone hasn't snapped it up though!

What's the later plus-suspension setup Dan? I'm still learning regarding Corrado's any info that will help other's including myself is much appreciated.

Thank's

EDIT Just done some digging and from what I can gather they are suitable for car's up to 1994 so later car's must use a different set.

Edited by clumpy1
New Info

Doubt there can be much difference. As far as I'm aware the plus thing is just hub fitting differences to do with the hub nut and the splines in hub.

Can't see the suspension mounting points being different. Nor the weight of the car or the suspension height which your adjusting anyway.

Doubt there can be much difference. As far as I'm aware the plus thing is just hub fitting differences to do with the hub nut and the splines in hub.

Can't see the suspension mounting points being different. Nor the weight of the car or the suspension height which your adjusting anyway.

Thank's Jim I can't see there being much difference either I was just going off one place I'm sure there will be other place's selling them saying they fit all :shrug: It certainly seems to be the case at Venom they list it as fitting all :scratch:

clumpy1, this kit will fit ALL VR6's.

The plus suspension is fitted to all VR6's and refers to the longer track and 5 stud hubs, and does not affect installation of this kit.

The difference between early and late VR6's is that the bump stops and top mounts were different. Once again, it will not affect the fitting of this kit.

Good luck with the sale.

The plus suspension is fitted to all VR6's and refers to the longer track and 5 stud hubs, and does not affect installation of this kit.

The difference between early and late VR6's is that the bump stops and top mounts were different. Once again, it will not affect the fitting of this kit.

Good luck with sale.

Thank you Driver I know there are some like me out there who don't know exactly what will fit our own car this clarification will help them and me too. Appreciate all the replies guys :thumbleft:

Would just like to add I have quoted the courier cost as £30 it will be less than this I was just covering myself as especially lately I seem to end up out of pocket regarding postage. This will be reflected when a deal is done.

Good luck with the sale.

This is wrong - It's the spring top plates and boots that changed, you just need the correct ones to match the springs when fitting.

The top mounts and bump stops are different between base and plus suspension but they fitted the VR6 style stuff to all late cars in the end 8v's and 16v's.

This is the part needed to go with the springs -

Spring Seat - 2.9 VR6 1991 to 1994 (upto Chassis no. 50-R-000898)

Part No: 1H0412341

Good luck with the sale.

This is wrong - It's the spring top plates and boots that changed, you just need the correct ones to match the springs when fitting.

The top mounts and bump stops are different between base and plus suspension but they fitted the VR6 style stuff to all late cars in the end 8v's and 16v's.

This is the part needed to go with the springs -

Spring Seat - 2.9 VR6 1991 to 1994 ( upto Chassis no. 50-R-000898 )

Part No: 1H0412341

Hi Clumpy, i'm tempted as i am still considering this setup, in fact i was waiting for you to put them on a report back to us all.

I can get these for £650 from Venom, but i still get my 12 month warranty that way!! Will you consider any movement?

Edd

Hi Clumpy, i'm tempted as i am still considering this setup, in fact i was waiting for you to put them on a report back to us all.

I can get these for £650 from Venom, but i still get my 12 month warranty that way!! Will you consider any movement?

Edd

How's it going Edd not seen you on here for a while. I do understand your where you are coming from however I would like to get back what I paid for them which was £550 also I would assume you will be getting someone else to fit these for you if this is the case and you get a dated invoice from when it is fitted I'm pretty sure you could approach Bilstein themselves if you had any issues in the 12 month period which I'm sure the both of us know you won't (or very unlikely to have). Anyway Pm me what you have in mind I can only say no :thumbleft:

Clumpy,

Do these come with all the correct gear to fit direct to a VR.

As far as I am aware yes you may when your suspension has been removed find you need new top mount's I know a lot of people do that when fitting new suspension. This kit is complete no parts are missing and a couple of others have fitted it recently and have reported back positively.

Why haven't these sold yet? What's wrong with you people??! :D

What does 50 brown sheets buy you these days? Bugger all, so why not cross Clumpy's palm with those sheets and equip yourself with some tasty goodies! :D