seanl82

What's your poison?

Probably been quite a few of these over the years, but why not have another! I'm generally a lager drinker, but do occasionally sample various ales. I enjoy trying different ones so I'll buy a handful of random ales when they're on offer at the supermarket, and try to find ones I've not yet tasted. I'm having a night on the Guinness tonight after buying ingredients and making steak and Guinness pie for tea, so just got to thinking what everyone elses tipple was?

Guinness, Guinness and more Guinness!

Would expect that from you diarmaid. Easy to get a hold of in Dubai? I know they are a bit funny about alcohol over there but put up with it due to needing intelligent folk's like you. As for me Anything really as long as it's 80-90 proof :thumbleft:

I expected that from you too James! Alcohol in the Emirates is far more tolerated than most Arab states, and Guinness is probably the most common of the lot! I've been there about a dozen times so I'm well versed in the local boozers! As long as it's not on the streets, it fine. That said, I watched Robbie Williams at the race course, and it was available there in the open air. I suppose it's not really in public sight though.

Vodka .....

Yip Absolut I met a couple of lovely Swedish lady's on a holiday once long story short ended up at there apartment where they were trying to ply me with above straight but with some sweet's/flavouring in which dilute's into the Vodka absolutely brilliant no mixer's ice etc rest of the night went well too :rolleyes:

One of the best I have tasted was from a friend , who came over from Germany . Home made by one of his friends , lovely drink .

Guinness, Guinness and more Guinness!

Second that :)

Personally also enjoy wine - especially red - Amarone/Ripasso..............but yea, Guinness FTW :)

I'm a G&T girl these days. Particularly like the juniper Tanqueray Tea Tonic but it involves chatting up barmen to get the infusion bags... I was on a Real Ale Train trip this evening and wasn't fussed that I was on driving duty.

Real Ale for a longer drink, a glass of Merlot when Ale is a bit too much, and a good quality Port when the mood pleases, :)

I think it depends on my mood and various other things really (weather / temperature, etc) but I generally prefer dark ales - porters & stouts :)

I'm an ales/bitter type of guy myself, none of this pump ****e though. It's got to be a real cask beer for me. Failing that then I'll have a Jack and coke.

Real ale (camra member :smug:) mainly but if the night gets away from me I'll dip into other things.

Rumbongo is popular if it's vw festival time! :lol:

Real ale (camra member :smug:) mainly but if the night gets away from me I'll dip into other things.

Rumbongo is popular if it's vw festival time! :lol:

:) I've not drunk alcohol for about 10 years.... mainly because it doesn't agree with my other hobby offshore sailing.... a heavy night then a rough sea doesn't do me any good....

I mainly drink decaf coke / coffee / tea

Cold lager for me, especially Indian stuff: Kingfisher, Cobra and Tiger. Also tried Starpramen (Czech) the other day which was really good. Will definitely get some more!

Also like my wine- white or red. Sparkling Shiraz is great!

Can't beat a good old cuppa tea though. Best brewed in a pot, milk first, then tea.

I find the whole teapot thing so wrong, its impersonal, i like to know my cuppa was crafted soley for me...

Real Ale's generally , also like a nice single malt & expensive cognac 8)

Weirdly after a lifetime of enjoying a nice cuppa, last week woke up one morning and decided i don't like tea anymore ?!?