seanl82

Clarkson in Argentina

Remember this is the bbc we're talking about. Hardly a noble institution and add to that topgears nature of attempting to cause controversy. A reg that literally spells out 1982 FKL. No coincidence there in my opinion.

I've got to agree with Jamo here. How none of them realised the reference to the plate and significance is utter tosh. All that and the "coincidence" of them going to Argentina shouldn't leave any doubt in anyone's mind that it was intentional. As I said before though, I don't think it was staged, they just didnt bank on there being such an aggressive reaction.

Does anyone actually care? Yes we care about the fact they trashed 3 vgood cars but apart from that?! Really !!!

Not really, I still watch and enjoy it even though it's littered with inaccuracies and scripted to the minute. You see this show has no legal obligation to be factual, it's purely for entertainment purposes. I'm more bothered that people actually believe it was a genuine mistake. I wouldn't even be surprised if the argentinian aspect of the show weren't equally complicit in staging the aftermath either. Still promotes conflict at the end of the day, something the bbc like to get heavily involved with.

Does anyone actually care? Yes we care about the fact they trashed 3 vgood cars but apart from that?! Really !!!

Yes I care. I've never lost an argument on the internet yet and I don't intend to start here :D

Yes I care. I've never lost an argument on the internet yet and I don't intend to start here :D

:dance: :thumbleft:

Remember this is the bbc we're talking about. Hardly a noble institution and add to that topgears nature of attempting to cause controversy. A reg that literally spells out 1982 FKL. No coincidence there in my opinion.

I didn't even notice the 1982 bit! Agreed in that case, definitely deliberate. I guess they didn't bargain on the backlash from the Argentinians! I reckon the production crew got complacent with their other provocative stunts, like "NASCAR is crap" painted cars in the US road trip, the USA painted motorbike in the Vietnam special and the drugs references in the Bolivia special.

Don't forget Clarkson is a controlling member of the Top Gear 'product', so it was probably him who steered the 1982 FKL stunt. Notice none of the 3 were in the cars being pelted with rocks!

Yeah i'd agree there about Clarkson being the big hitter. Up until a few years ago his company Bedder 6 owned the majority share of TG before the BBC bought it over but realistically it's still his concept and TG would be nothing without Clarkson hence how he's still calling the shots and I also believe these boundaries must be pushed to maintain its huge popularity given the ever increasing levels of entertainment that runs alongside it for competition. I quite like it though, I don't watch tv much these days but still make sure I catch old TG on the iplayer.

Yep, TG is like greasy food and cakes. We all know what it is, but consume it anyway :) The production quality of TG is also leagues ahead of other car shows as well, which adds to the appeal.