seanl82

Clarkson in Argentina

The top gear team were pelted with rocks and had to flee whilst filming in Argentina. Probably had something to do with the number plate on the car. H982 FKL. :lol:

It was apparently a coincidence!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fmedia%2F2014%2Foct%2F03%2Ftop-gear-argentina-jeremy-clarkson-bbc&ei=qiMvVO6BG42S7Aa4koCIBQ&usg=AFQjCNEEZbpreqM96oqghwfzYzgz7XIzGw

Edited by seanl82

1st pic on that thread has H1 VAE on the porsche plate and Pic 2 shows the 1982 plate. Could they have put the 'cheeky' plate over the private one?

I have a Corrado G60 and a Lotus Esprit Turbo SE, so it Hurts me a bit to see it smashed.

What a stupid noise over something that is air. It has nothing to do with the former war, and seriously everyone should calm Down. Grab a beer and forgive each other.

topgear is a Unique show, but the episodes where they trash cars and what not, is stupid. I prefer the episodes where they search for the greatest road to drive on, and finally end up in Transilvania at the Transfegerashan. That is Unique and worthy of a show. But trashing great sportscars like the Lotus and 928 is stupid in my humble view.

Personally I see Chris Harris shows as quite boring, because all he does is slide through every single corner. But he is not all bad, so I see some of them. The clip with the testarossa was good. A heavy car driven fast - great fun. The problems with TG may even give Chris some more Wind in his sails?

I don't think BBC will sack Clarckson, as they will Loose every single viewer on the show. And they have absolutely no alternative to that show.

What a Waste and poor Esprit.... ;(

So cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Personally I really like Clarkson but he is getting a bit long in the tooth now days, its the same old jokes and cheap quips, May is by far the best presenter on that show, he has a genuine enthusiasm for what he does and his other TV stuff id quite good, as for Hammond, well less said about him the better.

There was a rumour going about that the BBC were considering replacing Clarkson with Chris Evans, personally I think that would work.

Rog.

I think that would not Work. He is a totally different type as a person, and I don't see him being vompatible with TG's crew.

But I would prefer TG to continue, as long as they would slightly develop the show over time. In fact they have, and I think it's time to do that Again.

Kind regards,

Redfox.

Chris Evans denied that on his radio show though.

I guess that doesn't prove that the BBC are thinking about it and haven't told him

Personally I really like Clarkson but he is getting a bit long in the tooth now days, its the same old jokes and cheap quips, May is by far the best presenter on that show, he has a genuine enthusiasm for what he does and his other TV stuff id quite good, as for Hammond, well less said about him the better.

Rog.

Have to agree about Clarkson, but it's so frustrating as some of his programming can be brilliant. The three documentaries he did about WW2 (Greatest Raid of All Time, the one about the Victoria Cross, and the recent one about the Arctic Convoys) were just brilliant television.

But Top Gear generally has become a worn out format for me with only really the 'specials' only holding any real interest for me.

Load of old staged schitt, as usual.

Falklanders were obviously tipped off about it and some over reacted. It's just free publicity.

I think Chris Harris should be on top gear, Clarkson and May are too old and i'm bored of seeing Clarkson trying to drift a car around the test track, you never see a complete drift, its always cut off and edited shortly after he starts drifting. Probably because he can't manage it.

Can you see Chris Harris doing the news? Imo, he doesn't have the personality or charisma to engage with people half as effectively as the TG boys can. Those 3 are personalities in their own right because of their previous experiences and other interests. Harris is a bit one dimensional. And what would he do that's so different? People always say TG is boring and are fed up with "Some say....", but what would they do differently? TG is the biggest and most successful motoring program worldwide, so they're obviously doing something right.

And what does Harris spend 90% of the time doing? Yep, drifting and wearing nerdy car related T shirts.

He will never be allowed on prime time TV because of his Ferrari controversy and strong opinions when he doesn't like a car. Too much of a loose cannon I think.

I don't even know who Chris Harris is. TG isn't really a car show, its an entertainment show and would be rubbish without Clarkson.

This is Chris harris, Driving his own car in this one.

Anyone hear The aggressive hamster (Richard Hammond) on Radio two this morning talking about the incident in Argentina?

To be fair there was a well written piece over the weekend from the executive producer of the show, which put across their side of the story and it has swayed my opinion somewhat that it wasn't a deliberate act (despite me being originally convinced it was):

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2014/10/10/top-gear-in-argentina-what-really-happened/

See what you think.