fitcy

Corrado Roof Moulding/trim Strips

Forgot about that last post i posted, had a few beers that night :scratch::drinking:

I will, put up the roof trim for sale in the next day or two.

side clips are on the way out from the factory. Once testet and verify possitive we will fire on with the production.

karmannski i started this thread to organise or get information to find a company who would make these replica roof trims. You stopped me on my tracks with this post/comment...

fitcy good idea but bit late, as the new batch of them is on the way. So better sale them now as they still good in value.

Got few samples to show here. short one is ( 18yrs old genuine trim) darker and longer smaple made by us.

That was 6 months ago, how was i a bit late? You said you had a new batch on the way. From your photos i've only seen 2 different samples. Are you definately getting them made? Because within that 6 months period i'm sure i could've found a company and had the tests done. If the mouldings were the right fit, the only main testing to be done would be UV degradation (wouldn't want them decaying and crumbling into bit's within a year). You know what Chinese company's are like, they wouldn't care what they made the trims from as long as they got paid.

Edited by fitcy

Fitcy yes I really do want get this done as quick as possible. I have started this project not ) months ago but over 12.

I'm rushing the factory to compete the clips and they now get back to me that they are more complicated than they thought and need extra 20days from now. I have contacted them today to check the progress and waiting for them to get back to me. I'm sorry that I have stopped you maybe i should not and we would enjoy new batch by now, who knows. I got the founds to pay for them so that isn't a issue. Time is the problem, it took me over 3 months to find the right people who will do them right. But any way like I said I'm waiting for the factory to get back to me with in next 48h.

from my experience working at heritage and producing things, the time it takes varies depending where the supplier is. the carpet we did took around 3 months, obviously newton commercial are in the UK so things were fairly simple.

Ive done a 16V metal water pipe and this has taken around 8-10 months as they are really far away, manufacturing especially with suppliers in china and the other side of the world, does take time, with shipping samples back and forward, testing, etc. Also depends on teh supplier, some can be pretty slow, although we try to be honest with our customers about the time its taking.

I'm now thinking about ordering just the trims without the side clips and I will try to get somebody here in Europe to make the clips for me or just wait until they will get done. But in a mean time the old clips can be used to go on the new trim. they are glued to the trim, all you need to do is to heat up your oven to 200C then turn it off put two ends of the trim in (one by one) for 5 min, then take it out clean it spray in with an new texture and fit in to the new molding.

The end bit is easy it just the front bit need a bit of trimming/cutting.

And once I will get decent quality clips made by China or Europe I will let you all know.

But I think that this is a reasonable alternative at the moment.

What I'm also going to do now is to redesign the core to get the trim look like the original one. I mean the trim I got is silk, so I want it to look like the genuine one with that type of texture that is visible on the side edge of the trim. Hope you will all like it.

Thank you.

No criticisms from me here at all. It's clear you're putting a lot of time and effort into getting this right and it'll be appreciated by a lot of folks on here. Keep at it :)

Hi guys just to let you all know that mk3 version of the sample in full size this time will be relised in 3 weeks time.

I have made some additional changes that I hope all of you will like.

The matrix was modified so the top texture will look excacly same as original with means that the side edge will have same texture.

It costed me extra few hundred bucks but I thought that the OEM look is what some people are expecting.

Hope that it will go well.

Awesome work. Look forward to seeing the the MK3 prototype. Seems only right given the Corrado was the MK3 Scirocco, that the MK3 roof moulding will be the right one for it ;)

Hi guys just to let you all know that mk3 version of the sample in full size this time will be relised in 3 weeks time.

I have made some additional changes that I hope all of you will like.

The matrix was modified so the top texture will look excacly same as original with means that the side edge will have same texture.

It costed me extra few hundred bucks but I thought that the OEM look is what some people are expecting.

Hope that it will go well.

Thank you this is awesome.

Thanks again :thumbleft:

Si

Hi

Just bought a corrado that needs a set.

Can I put my name down for a set please?

Thanks

Oli

Hi

Just bought a corrado that needs a set.

Can I put my name down for a set please?

Thanks

Oli

Join the Q think everyone on here wants a set....