fitcy

Corrado Roof Moulding/trim Strips

I suppose if someone will give £400 for them (and they no doubt will), but you sell them for only £200, then it's like walking up to a complete stranger in the street and handing them £200. Nobody would do that!

Does that make any sense????

Nope, sorry that makes no sense to me.

Nobody *wants* to pay too much for anything, but everything has a price and a buyer. These are obsolete parts, nobody is being forced to buy them. If someone wants them, they'll offer whatever they think they're worth.

Some people think paying over £6k for a mint Corrado is madness, but someone who wants a mint one will no doubt pay that. It's a desirable car, almost a classic, and parts like these are hard to come by.

I must under estimate the value of my car.

Anyone wanna give me a few grand for it :)

Edited by delfinis38

I've got a nearly new set and one brand new, special price for you buggers-£1000 for all 3..

I suppose if someone will give £400 for them (and they no doubt will), but you sell them for only £200, then it's like walking up to a complete stranger in the street and handing them £200. Nobody would do that!

Does that make any sense????

yea i know where your comming from, just basically giving away £200 , i wouldnt even pay that for them though, i had a hard enough time letting my money go buying them new from vw a couple of years back even with discount! {£120? was around that}, As mentioned there only worth what someones willing to pay and theres always people out there that are more willing to let go of there cash then others,

Fitcy can sell them for what he likes just we can sell cars for what we like, weather we/he gets an easy sale or a sale at all is a different story,

I find the prices people are paying for parts is bizarre given how little the cars seem to be worth these days. A quick swearch through completed ebay listings and your had pushed to find one that's sold for over 2k...... and yet people will pay 20% of the value of their car for a bit of trim!!! Sad thing is I know my car is worth about 10k in parts but lucky if I got much over 3 for it complete!

I really don't care if i sell these trims or not.

I put a £400 'buy it now' (just to test the water). They are worth more than £400 to me. At the begining of this thread i said i wouldn't take love nor money for them. But i decided i could do with the money.

I wasn't asking £400 for them, it was a buy it now price. Ebay/PayPal is £60 plus P+P.

People could make there own offers and i would consider the offer.

Rather than make an offer, members here would rather ridicule me and call me greedy.

I had an offer of £350 from a member here. That member wasn't from the UK, I was considering his offer 'depending on what the postage cost to his country'. That member hasn't got back to me, i'm not saying it has to do with the negative feedback on this thread, but i find it totally disgraceful the way members here behaved on this thread.

I started this thread to help others, i never wanted to sell these trims in the first place but i was getting private messages asking to sell them, so now i'm giving people chance to do it.

What more do you want!

Edited by fitcy

Let it run on EBay bud last set sold on there someone in Canada bought them. Don't let the negative people on here get to you it's sickening at times what it's like. By the way I have a brand new set of these too

I can see where people are coming from. In my view it's all about supply and demand. The value will be set by the market and what price someone is ultimately prepared to pay for them at a given point in time. I don't value them enough to pay that much, but someone may.

GLWS.

Any further news on the manufacturing of the roof trims?

just have the gutters welded and the roof repainted, probably cost less than £400 quid, the trims do bugger all anyway, it's not like they stop water running in an open window :)

Factory get back to me today, they are strugling with that top texture pon the edge.

This is why it takes so long.

I might order it without so MK2 will be it. If any thing will change I will let you all know.

Factory get back to me today, they are strugling with that top texture pon the edge.

This is why it takes so long.

I might order it without so MK2 will be it. If any thing will change I will let you all know.

thanks for the update & for the continued hard work trying to make something happen with these :)

Has anyone used this to get their trim looking newer - mine is pretty good to be honest but very slightly lighter at th ends of the roof trim so was thinking of trying it.

It does sound very good and reviews are good

http://www.gtechniq.com/products/c4-permanent-trim-restorer

looks good not used it myself...

the problem with the roof trim is the inner edge starts cracking and falling off. some peeps just cut it off with a Stanley knife. mines starting to do this.

get the feeling the time being spent on the manufacture of the new trim its going to be expensive and popular.

Ok well I will but some and update you all. - I don't have any problem with my trim condition wise just a little faded in places - think the car has spent most of its life in a garage protected from the sun

Ok well I will but some and update you all. - I don't have any problem with my trim condition wise just a little faded in places - think the car has spent most of its life in a garage protected from the sun

mines been in the garage since day one.. but I think I've washed and polished the car too much.

Chuggs, the gtechniq is fantastic for slightly faded trim, but don't expect miracles. The best thing about it is its longevity. You shouldn't need to touch them for a good year after application. Its similar with Carpro Dlux and a few other semi permanent trim restoration products at the top end of the market.

Thanks Sean... Have ordered some and will let you all know how it works and do some before and after pictures.

Thanks Sean... Have ordered some and will let you all know how it works and do some before and after pictures.

My trim was done with GTechniq C4 before I bought it (3 years ago), I haven't put anything on it since and it's still lovely and black even now! Fantastic stuff