Harrier

Diamond Black Vr6

Hard to resist that slight tweek despite how good they look standard eh Daren. Either way, it'll look fantastic with whatever of the two options you decide mate. :)

Got stuck in this week ! Removed engine/box, front suspension, cross members, steering rack etc ,

Have never had a Corrado in this state of dis-assembly before :eek:

N256%20005_zpsccuikd3z.jpg

Pleasantly surprised to be able to remove the wishbones without the front bolts shearing :):)

and also lucky to remove the radiator elbow without the bolts spinning, I have a new one to fit. Bought from ebay , though wish I had checked with Vw Heritage first as they are half the price at £10 :bonk:

DSC_0567_zpsdvwk2n41.jpg

Had a couple of hours today to start cleaning inner wings etc, quite hard work especially with the wax that has been applied, 2mm thick in places !

Using a plastic scraper,white spirit & T cut to get it off

On the plus side it has really helped to prevent any corrosion, in fact I don't think I am going to need to get anything shot blasted,just a good clean & paint.

Also removed ABS unit for sending off for overhaul, the warning lamp doesn't always go out, sticky valve's' according to a diagnostic scan.

So this is how I left it this eve :)

N256%20009_zpsfzz1pcnc.jpg

bit more to do !

Edited by Harrier

When you're done can you come and do mine!!! Fantastic job btw ..

Wouldn't want to deprive you of the fun J ! :)

Those pictures look familiar...

Good work Daren, you are really going to town. Looks in great condition.

Vandal... Good progress there. It will be back in with new chains and clutch next weekend :)

That orig wax has preserved my car very well too. Still have it all over the door pillars it makes the car look a bit dirty, but don't want to take it off.

Thanks for the encouragement chaps :)

Progress has been a bit slower of late, that damn wax is much harder to remove on the passenger side for some reason and scratching the paint is a problem.

Have done a bit to the engine though, started cleaning and painting block and replaced timing chains and guides, was actually glad to find some wear on the top tensioner guide as I nearly wasn't going to bother replacing them.

N256%20001_zpsw77vgg1p.jpg

N25620002_zpsj6ucfdmu.jpg

Had some slightly bad and surprising news from BBA Reman that my ABS unit was beyond repair !:(

However they have managed to source another which is going to cost just under £300 .Which I suppose could be worse.

Unable to source a new washer bottle or coolant tank which is a pain, if anyone has one for sale by any chance, please let me know :)

have U checked the oil pump pressure?

top chain guide look bit worn,

that usually happen when oil pump give to much pressure

nice clean standard car btw

Edited by tomi

have U checked the oil pump pressure?

top chain guide look bit worn,

that usually happen when oil pump give to much pressure

nice clean standard car btw

Thanks, I will look into that.

Expansion Tank was made obsolete last December, strange as it was also fitted to the Golf/Vento/Passat?

Part Nr is 021121407, there are some new one's on E Bay from the USA but high prices (if desperate!)

Washer Bottle (535955453) was made obsolete in 2013.

Ian.

Nice work Darren . Can you not fit the MK4 washer bottle ? , or is it strictly oem ? . I'm always amazed how quickly you get on with the jobs you under take . It takes me forever to do my car , work is manic as always , I only seem to get a few hours here and there .

Thanks Rob, the mk4 bottle could be an option.

I do tend to get on with things and get jobs completed as soon as I can,

It bothers me when things are in bits and I don't feel relaxed until they are finished, it helps that it is my line of work and many of the jobs are done when I get some spare time at my workshop :)

Im the same Darren , although im getting better at not fretting over unfinished stuff . I have to walk away and finish it when i can .

Couple of before and after pics

N256%20005_zpsccuikd3z.jpg

Now

N256%20002_zpsgrh5wnp2.jpg

It's nice to be re-fitting a few bits and pieces, despite taking some photos I wish I had taken more close up shots as finding the right location for some of the clips and brackets is a bit of a jigsaw puzzle !

I have no doubt that at the next show I will be checking under the bonnet of the first Corrado I see to check how much I have got wrong !

I have received my replacement ABS unit from BBA Reman which looks fine, can't fit it yet as I am having the mountings re-plated along with a few other brackets.

Re-furb of the suspension etc is coming along but plenty more to do 8)

Fantastic Daren cleaning all the parts you can't normally reach... Mines going to look like a wheelbarrow next yours next time we meet😊

cracking news about the ABS unit from BBA - please do let us know how you get on with it

can I ask if their service took long & what was involved pls?

cracking news about the ABS unit from BBA - please do let us know how you get on with it

can I ask if their service took long & what was involved pls?

I won't know for some time yet if it's ok, though I'm pretty confident it will be fine. This unit took a couple of weeks to get because they say it came from Germany.

Normally if they can repair your existing unit turnaround is about a week, they organise the courier and its all pretty easy, have used them a few times before.

Got this built up this afternoon

N286%20002_zpsyvjurc4c.jpg

Some other bits are ready for re-fitting too,

N286%20005_zpsb8scrbud.jpg

Feeling like I have got the bulk of the refurbishing work out of the way and hopefully will soon be able to start getting things back together 8)