seanl82

RR day at Stealth 1/3/15

Oh man that's fantastic news obviously but really isn't helping my turbo itch. Maybe over the winter...

Your car is so tidy it deserves one :) it got my vote anyway, really nice motor mate

I so need a ride in a VRT. I have the end of mine in sight, and the last of the things to do are engine internals. Whilst I'm at it, I'm seriously tempted to bung a blower on at the same time!

Do it, if you need further convincing I am not a million miles away :)

:) bodes well for a continental trip doesn't it

I'm getting very giddy now mate. Just ordered some tyres for it :)

I got home and told my missus id made a terrible mistake !! She looked at me funny then i said that i had accidently gone in a vrt and that was the start of me being told off for wanting to go turbo haha

I got home and told my missus id made a terrible mistake !! She looked at me funny then i said that i had accidently gone in a vrt and that was the start of me being told off for wanting to go turbo haha

Haha I like the accidentally part of it :) like you just tripped and fell into the seat while walking past

In all honesty i should never of asked to get in ! That thing is mental and tbh i rekon its gonna cost me about 5000 that little joy ride !

Jodie wasnt happy anyway but i rekon if i can get her to go out for a blast when vag hags cars done it will seal the deal haha

So is that what it costs to take a standard corrado to turbo? Or are there lots of other things that need doing too?

4-5k for the basic turbo kit fitted. Add suspension and brakes (with wheels possibly) if they're not done.

Wheels....??? Do you need bigger than standard wheels.... Is that for much bigger brakes... Do you need bigger than 288on fronts.

I can only compare the sound of the VRT going by to that of a low flying jet! It actually looked like one going by too. Matt and Chris where like big kids afterwards.

Credit to stealth too, the install is so tidy and looks like it left the factory like it.

Wheels....??? Do you need bigger than standard wheels.... Is that for much bigger brakes... Do you need bigger than 288on fronts.

Ideally you would. 350bhp plus on brakes fitted to standard 2.0 GTi MK3's might be asking a bit too much. Even the 312's might be a bit weak.

Haha I like the accidentally part of it :) like you just tripped and fell into the seat while walking past

Clumsy!!

4-5k for the basic turbo kit fitted. Add suspension and brakes (with wheels possibly) if they're not done.

And clutch, chains, exhaust etc etc....

It really depends on your base car.

I can only compare the sound of the VRT going by to that of a low flying jet! It actually looked like one going by too. Matt and Chris where like big kids afterwards.

Credit to stealth too, the install is so tidy and looks like it left the factory like it.

Like little kids full of E numbers!! Mattys car is certainly one to whet the appetite:)

And I agree the install is very very neat. I may actually lift my bonnet at shows now :D

Haha that statement rings true.

When going to a show last year doing fly bys I asked one of the guys how does the vr sound. He it doesnt sound like a vr anymore. This really disappointed me until he mentioned it sounded like a jet plane.

Jamie and sean I think you will have to do it as it seems like it the only way

Based on the cost I may just go steadily down the route of .... B12 suspension (really want to lower the car slightly), SS exhaust and then maybe some cams and do it over the next 2 years. Not sure if I can justify the cost of going turbo - and I think the misses would strangle me if I spend the bathroom upgrade money on the car!

Based on the cost I may just go steadily down the route of .... B12 suspension (really want to lower the car slightly), SS exhaust and then maybe some cams and do it over the next 2 years. Not sure if I can justify the cost of going turbo - and I think the misses would strangle me if I spend the bathroom upgrade money on the car!

bathroom ???? just buy here a new bucket to wash in :)

Lol! I have already diverted £4k into getting he garage extended and remote doors ha-ha! Cost for that is a big holiday! Not sure what cost diverting the bathroom funds would bring but my eyes water at the thought!!!

oh the lust for forced induction just got stronger, damn it!

thats exactly what it is!! LUST

thats exactly what it is!! LUST

& unfortunately it will have to stay as just that for quite a while

the brakes i would like are a fortune & would need new wheels, plus from what ive read an LSD is a must also

unless i somehow win 10K on the lottery lol

Damn it! Not only did I miss out on the RR day but I missed out on VRT action! :mad2: