Roger Chatfield

Schimmel Performance 263 VR6 cams, possible Group Buy

Evening chums,

Following on from this thread...http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=90110

I thought I'd just start a quick 'interest' thread.

Basically who would be interested in a set of Schimmel 263 cams... http://www.spturbo.com/onlinestore/index.php/volkswagen/vr6/12-valve/cylinder-head-valvetrain-parts/12v-vr6-camshaft-set-263-street.html

These are a good fast road cam and can fitted using the OE valve springs etc, they will give gains fitted on their own but are best served with a remap.

So, lets see how many are interested, I'll then contact Vince at Steath and see if he can possibly do us a bit of a deal, obviously the more we have the (hopefully) better deal we may get.

I'll start the ball rolling... please add your names.

1. Rog.

Just got off the phone to Vince... top bloke but can't really do us any discount unless we have ten or over and even then you are only looking at saving about 20 quid each.

The dollar is quite strong atm so these have actually gone up a little, 263's are now £360, then add postage and VAT and you are looking at about £440 to your door.

So, long and short of it... sorry guys, but unless we suddenly get some serious interest then this possible group buy is a non starter.

Rog.

Just in case...

1. Rog.

2. Seanl82.

3. Wesleyvr6

4. unclean

If they honour the Euro prices, this could be a lot lot cheaper. I will have a chat to SP directly and see what they say (-:

If they honour the Euro prices, this could be a lot lot cheaper. I will have a chat to SP directly and see what they say (-:

If you could mate that would be great.

Rog.

Like I said in the other thread - I may be interested in a set of 268s but they would have to be super cheap. If Schimmel are happy with it I may also be able to get us a deal on the shipping - all depends if they're ok having them picked up by a third party rather than using their own courier...

So

1. Rog.

2. Seanl82.

3. Wesleyvr6

4. unclean

5. Jamie

I've had a look in to shrick 268 and I they work out £550 ish delivered to a single address

I sh1t myself at the price of these cams

Also there has to be minimal 10 orders

Has anyone tried Newman cams?

VR6/264/420H Road Cam, 264 degree, 0.420 (10.66mm)lift RRP £360.00 Machined from a blank

Notes. Ideal for Road use Good Tickover to be used in with Standard Injection Injection

http://www.newman-cams.com/index.html

VR6/264/420H Road Cam, 264 degree, 0.420 (10.66mm)lift RRP £360.00 Machined from a blank

Notes. Ideal for Road use Good Tickover to be used in with Standard Injection Injection

I think you lot are wild my 24v conversion cost less

But then again my car don't sound like a vr as such

A couple of my mates run Newman cams one in an 8v GTi, one in an ABF MKI and they both rave about them. They will also do custom grinds to any spec ;)

I think you lot are wild my 24v conversion cost less

But then again my car don't sound like a vr as such

If anyone wants to do a 24v conversion to my car in return for a pair of cams PM me :lol:

yes got the same ones in my car. Plus obd2. Its not really been run properly yet but initial impressions are pretty good

yes got the same ones in my car. Plus obd2. Its not really been run properly yet but initial impressions are pretty good

Do you plan a remap?

Are they quiet? People have complained in the past that Schimmel cams cause noisy valve train?

Thanks for the reply :)

I'll report back when Ive driven it properly. I'll probably get a remap done at some stage although I believe the obd2 adapts quite well to engine mods.

A couple of my mates run Newman cams one in an 8v GTi, one in an ABF MKI and they both rave about them. They will also do custom grinds to any spec ;)

I remember Dave Walker (Emerald, Cars and Car Conversions, Practical Performance Car) has spoken highly of them in the past

ill be number 6 if this is still going

1. Rog.

2. Seanl82.

3. Wesleyvr6

4. unclean

5. gay boy

6. Loepan

ill be number 6 if this is still going

1. Rog.

2. Seanl82.

3. Wesleyvr6

4. unclean

5. gay boy

6. Loepan

Gay boy??? Reported to the moderating team!

Think this is dead in the water. Pretty sure I saw on another thread somewhere even if we managed 10 sets we'd only save about a tenner each or something...

Yes, sorry guys but this isn't going to happen, even if we get ten we are still looking at about £530 to your door.

Considering that these are $450 in the states I guess the best bet is to get a friendly local to mail you a set.

Rog.

I have a set of new sp263 cams I'm looking to sell. I haven't even taken them out of the packaging. Selling as going in a different direction with the car. Ideally looking for £400 delivered if anyone is interested.

IMAG2636_zpsnxvebnzw.jpg

IMAG2637_zpszmegx4xz.jpg

Very good price, Stealth currently want £550 for these.

I got a set delivered to my hotel whilst on holiday in Florida, I don't think you'll get cheaper than that and they still cost me £370 so £400 is a total bargain.

Rog.

Very good price, Stealth currently want £550 for these.

I got a set delivered to my hotel whilst on holiday in Florida, I don't think you'll get cheaper than that and they still cost me £370 so £400 is a total bargain.

Rog.

blimey im glad i got mine when i did!!

im sure they were £400 less then 2 years ago

I thought SP263s normally changed hands for around £300? I've just bought a pair of DRC 268s for £250 brand new...