seanl82

Aqua blue VR6 on ebay

Its not bad at all Chris! Much better than mine was when I got it! Just needed a little TLC, and lots of hours spent by me to bring it to standard! I'll let it go for what its cost me, which considering the hours I've put into it and the amount of spares I already had which I've not accounted for, means someone will get a real bargain. I'd never make a living out of selling cars I'll tell you!

well done sean hope it goes.

I am having the trouble selling this green one although a little work needs doing body is sound. No one seeems to want it which is disappointing

anyway enough rambling GLWS

Thanks Chris. Had a couple of bites already! Its probably one of the cheapest VRs for sale at the moment which helps, and price doesn't reflect condition in this case imo. Its a good solid car which is ready to go! Roll up roll up!!!!!!

yes mate agree its low.

Currently been offered the green one for that too but the mileage putting peeps off this one

Most comprehensive ebay ad I've ever seen, Chris!

I'm seriously interested as I need another C while mine has become a long-term project since Bruntingthorpe last year. I'll send you a PM :)

Hi Dave, Friday or Sunday would be best. A couple of people on ebay want to view friday too, although no specific times have been set in stone yet. I'd suggest the earlier the better in case you want it, so I can let them know just in case they have to travel.

A great ad and very reasonably priced. It looks far better than ones dealers are asking twice the money for. Good luck with your sale.

Thanks all! Potentially 6 viewings over the weekend within 12 hours of going live. Should have advertised for more! :lol:

Finally after 5 years of being here, I officially join the club :)

Was nice meeting you Sean, and a shame it was so late as would have liked to have stayed and chatted a bit longer.

Anyway, an eventful drive home for sure!

M27/M3 I see blues flashing behind me and get tugged right on the slip road by a lovely chap in a 64 plate F30 330D. Obviously car is showing as uninsured and untaxed, so I explain the situ and show him email from DVLA confirming vehicle tax, then the insurance docs downloaded to my phone to find the battery dies!! Long story short he lets me go as he thought I was a decent honest bloke lol.

Sneaky pic two mins after Mr Copper disappeared as I noticed it was just about to touch 165k...

PZHTautl.jpg

Getting low on fuel I was a little worried so pulled off the M3 at Winchester. I then wasted half an hour charging my phone on the poxy cigarette lighter to get google maps working, and eventually find a shell to stick £30's worth of their finest V power. Then rejoin M3 to see a bloody BP service station about 2 miles up the road!! :(

Obligatory new car/petrol station pics...

eN7FmZ4l.jpg

UA8mGh6l.jpg

Then it starts to rain a little, and the wipers go a little temperamental before stopping altogether! It was lucky the screen was immaculate as the rain beaded straight off, and was quite bearable. Pulled over to check and found that if you tap the wiper motor it gets it moving again, so maybe the brushes are worn.

Made it home at 02:45, with just under a quarter of a tank left, and that was with plenty of right foot VR love :)

Very happy with the motor - yet to see it in daylight, but it feels nice and tight to drive, and the engine is a peach. Sean was definitely as much of an enthusiast as I am, so I'll take over where he left off.

On the list to do already:

Wiper motor + retrofit bosch flat wiper blades.

Gear stick play (bit of a wooden stick in a mixing bowl)

Headlight upgrade.

Interior niggles sorting.

Now time for bed!

Cheers guys, and thanks again to Sean.

Tony.

Edited by thegolfman

Fantastic to hear! Well not about the niggles but..... You know what I mean.

I have a motor and mechanism for sale if you want them. Let me know.

Gear mechanism my be as simple as a c clip. Plenty of information on here.

A popular mod for wipers is Lupo gti and plenty of information on here

Enjoy!

Good to meet you Tony, sorry to hear about the problems. As mentioned in texts, I honestly didn't know about the wipers. They worked on the occasional test to clear screen and for MOT, and the battery although a little slow to start where it had been standing for a while and only one short run at MOT time, never failed to start the car after I charged it when I got the car. Gear mech - the C clip is in place, it probably just needs a little tweaking at the gearbox end. I had to change the cables and mech as I mentioned, but there is a guide in the wiki section on here for adjustment. The gearstick is naturally a little sloppy tbh, a Daves16v shortshifter helps a bit more though. Any problems give me a shout mate, I'll do what I can to help you out. :thumbleft:

Edit: may have misread, was it the car battery or your phone battery??? lol

Edited by seanl82

Congrats on the new toy.... And a nice long weekend to play cars.....

I know that a34/m3/m27very well use it most weekends Oxford to Gosport... Always loads of plod about...

Edited by delfinis38

Thanks for the warm welcome all! I'll stop lurking now I promise haha.

Sean don't worry about it, honestly mate. I'm over the moon with it, and so glad to be back in a proper VW after 4 years or so in newer stuff!

The motor seems to be only when the car is up to temp. Just been out to it now and its fine. Wipers where probably on intermittent for near on an hour last night before I noticed they stopped moving! I'll whip the motor out and see if I can get the casing off - my bet is worn brushes and if that's the case I'll see if its possible to solder new ones on. If not I'll give you a shout Mr Vag-Hag, Thank you.

God I've missed the noise from a VR!! I'm sure the induction noise wasn't this throaty on the MK2 VR I built... I now expect low MPG for the next few months until the novelty wears off haha.

Time to start my own thread I think :)